Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Thatgirl22

VIP Member
I would have liked Layton to win but Ellie is a well deserved winner, did an excellent job, like her a lot 👍🏼 🥳

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Honeystar

VIP Member
I suppose linked to what Craig said about how far the show has come, I think this is why the show dances don’t really work anymore and are a bit underwhelming. Way back in the early seasons the show dances were real wow moments and you looked forward to them, because the rest of the dances all series were so “basic” ballroom and Latin. Now of course they are full productions and many of the normal dances feel on par or better than those show dances, which means the show dances in the final just don’t have the same impact. I think they need to mix it up in keeping with the higher standard and production of the show now

Reactions: 33

Bol85

VIP Member
Craig drunk tweeting I recon 😂

I’m living for how the tweets about Strictly being the gayest 1.5 hours of TV last night. Two men dancing to Loreen, Olly Alexander, Eurovision & then Cher singing a Christmas song 🤣🏳️‍🌈

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

Harlot O'Scara

VIP Member
Watching the show dances back, for me Ellie was just in another league compared to the other two and hers felt like a proper strictly show dance, you know back in the day when you never really saw lifts until the show dance and they just threw the girl around? Bobbys was boring and whilst Laytons was clearly great it didn’t feel like that much of a departure from what he’s been doing all series anyway. Ellie and Vito were the only ones to take risks and throw everything at it, which is what a showdance should be, and even with the wobble at the end the rest of the dance far outshined the other two IMO
Maybe I'm in the minority but I thought it was middling at best. Just her being chucked from pillar to post and not very well. More than that last lift looked awkward going in and out.

Took a lot of courage to attempt, though. And I've no room to talk, not even Kai and Graz between them could lift me 😂

Re lifts, I did chuckle at Graz nailing the dirty dancing lift with Zara in the group dance. I assume that was just for Dianne 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

Minnietred

I wouldn’t put Gorka in the same category as Giovanni. He does look snarky but he is genuinely friendly with Vito and Nikita (probably because they went on the pro tour together).
On Saturday he went out of his way to reassure / support Vito in the Clauditorium after the showdance. He also removed the trophy podium out of the way (with the help of Karen) and helped Neil hoist Ellie in the air to allow her and Vito to celebrate together. He has also congratulated his colleagues & shared / commented on all SM posts.

Giovanni - nowhere to be seen during the celebrations, no polite congratulatory post, no likes on the posts made by other pro-dancers.

bluecups

VIP Member
I hope Lauren gets a contender next year. I LOVED Krishnan but he was never going to win. I think if he'd been paired with a less lovely pro he may not even have fallen so in love with dancing and Strictly may not have been such a life changing experience for him. Lauren gives off such good vibes, seems a genuinely lovely woman and obviously a good teacher. When I read that she volunteered in care homes during the pandemic she went up even further in my estimations, more so that Krishnan told everyone about that, she hadn't been blowing her own trumpet about it.

• Heart

Honeystar

VIP Member
I’m just thrilled that finally we’ve got the young talented girl as the winner after so many haven’t gelled with the public. I’d pay good money to go to the after party tonight

• Heart
Forgot to add Amy, what a respectful way of including her, I had tears and I had joy
I was so happy with how they did it!! I have been following her since my own diagnosis and I was so gutted for her when she broke her foot, I could see the devastation in her stories when she shared it so to see her be so involved was my first reason to cry tonight!! 🩷🩷

• Heart

Boogs

VIP Member
So many of the Lakita fans on here seem to have been having a tough time and their partnership has brought some much needed joy into our lives. What beautiful, talented, aspirational young men they are.

• Heart

Evesdropping

VIP Member
You lot have been a true highlight this series. I've laughed at your posts more times than I can count. See you all next year!

• Heart
Reactions: 30