Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #32

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t hate Bobby, but I do feel that he’s been overmarked compared to other dancers and Annabelle under marked. Even the pro’s started chanting that she had last night after her foxtrot until they got told to wind their necks in, never seen them shut up so fast. I wonder how that conversation went down afterwards.
Shirley needs to remember what she says, in the past she says when she’s seen a mistake she has to deduct a point then goes on and awards full marks last night.
her and Motsi up and down with that applauding, and they are supposed to be the judges, no bias there then. The has been poor for years (with the few exceptions of seeing someone unexpected do a lovely dance) and I only watch it now as it’s something me and my Mam do together and even she says it’s turned into a rubbish program.

Reactions: 9
To be fair I did the classic “ballet, modern, tap” combo as a youngster that most girls in my era did if you “did dance” which I’m guessing is also what Ellie did and I can safely say it would provide me with practically nothing that I could use in strictly. Unless it was done at a very high level on a proper scheme, but I’m guessing it was more the local village hall in Bury on a Tuesday night vibe, especially given that she joined Corrie at 9 and I doubt had much time for dance as well as Corrie and school.
She did a tertiary college qualification in performing arts. Her internet history has been tidied before Strictly (including her agent CV's) but it seems fairly safe to assume from her competency when she started Strictly (any dancer can tell when someone has had training), the usual content of such courses and and the fact her ex who she met at college doing her course is a professional dancer that it was at least part dancing. She's a lovely technician with great feet and legs and she hasn't learnt that just from Vito!

Reactions: 18
I wonder if it was a Gilkison special - he was 'helping' them. Maybe if Bobby had any gravitas or sexiness (he has other qualities, just not those) it might work. Or maybe if she was already on the floor? But it still looks like the man is going 'in the bin with ya!'

And yes, they were going for 'intense post-dance vibe' but just do a lingering stare!

(not shipping!)
Nikita’s look to Layton at the end of their AT every time.
That’s how you stay in character Diane, not by channelling John Sargent.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
She’s still arguing back with random people on the BBC Instagram page. Jayde vibes! She also needs to acquaint herself with basic punctuation and spelling. It’s not a good look for a pro to be seeking out comments and responding when criticised. If Nigel (😍😢) hadn’t been injured, they wouldn’t be there
Even if Dianne wasn’t maniacally and aggressively desperate, I simply could never root for anyone who doesn’t know the difference between “aloud” and “allowed”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I don’t hate Bobby, but I do feel that he’s been overmarked compared to other dancers and Annabelle under marked. Even the pro’s started chanting that she had last night after her foxtrot until they got told to wind their necks in, never seen them shut up so fast. I wonder how that conversation went down afterwards.
Shirley needs to remember what she says, in the past she says when she’s seen a mistake she has to deduct a point then goes on and awards full marks last night.
her and Motsi up and down with that applauding, and they are supposed to be the judges, no bias there then. The has been poor for years (with the few exceptions of seeing someone unexpected do a lovely dance) and I only watch it now as it’s something me and my Mam do together and even she says it’s turned into a rubbish program.
It wasn’t actually a foxtrot - it was a Viennese (Foxtrot) Waltz and that right there was her main problem.
Although they were also chanting the salsa was undermarked when … no.
i think she was extremely lucky that Amanda went and left the female side of the draw looking a bit light.

Reactions: 3
Even if Dianne wasn’t maniacally and aggressively desperate, I simply could never root for anyone who doesn’t know the difference between “aloud” and “allowed”
Agreed.

I would love to know what the other pros think of her posting nonsense everywhere, and of her general behaviour.

Reactions: 10
She’s still arguing back with random people on the BBC Instagram page. Jayde vibes! She also needs to acquaint herself with basic punctuation and spelling. It’s not a good look for a pro to be seeking out comments and responding when criticised. If Nigel (😍😢) hadn’t been injured, they wouldn’t be there
Joe take her phone off her before she has a stress nose bleed.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Agreed.

I would love to know what the other pros think of her posting nonsense everywhere, and of her general behaviour.
Diane seems to be in a total bubble with Bobby and Joe. I noticed Bobby was out on the lash last week! 😂She's having a tough time but she's getting on the wrong side of bajonkers.

Reactions: 3
and anytime someone has something (not slating anyone) adhd, autism, is different in anyway they seem to win everyhting. Rose was great on strictly but she probabl wouldn't have got as may votes if she wasn't deaf. I don't care if that makes me sound heartless
I don't know any other celeb with a disability who's won strictly and I don't want watch other competitions.
Personally I thought Rose was rubbish but I respected her learning to dance without hearing the music, but if AJ had stayed in the final, I would have wanted the talented dancer (AJ) to win and not the inspirational story.
Rose's personality was v likeable, her humour was a bit Nigel like

Ellie Symonds was criticised for her technical dance skills unfairly when she physically couldn't do it, eg cover the whole dance floor. And she was compared to the fully able bodied celebs which was nonsense.

Also Celebs who were less limber haven't been marked any better considering how much harder it is for them or the pro dancer to choreograph.

Reactions: 8
I don't know any other celeb with a disability who's won strictly and I don't want watch other competitions.
Personally I thought Rose was rubbish but I respected her learning to dance without hearing the music, but if AJ had stayed in the final, I would have wanted the talented dancer (AJ) to win and not the inspirational story.

Ellie Symonds was criticised for her technical dance skills unfairly when she physically couldn't do it, eg cover the whole dance floor. And she was compared to the fully able bodied celebs which was nonsense.

Also Celebs who were less limber haven't been marked any better considering how much harder it is for them or the pro dancer to choreograph.
Louis Smith has ADHD, but I think he won more on the back of being the first Team GB Olympic medalist in decades and taking part in 2012 with another shiny medal round his neck. If Victoria Pendleton hadn’t been so Victoria Pendleton she would have been there as well.

Reactions: 4

She’s making an absolute tit of herself.

Surely the BBC have some sort of social media policy that the pros have to abide by while they’re under contract? I’m guessing that petty spats with the general public are not a behaviour that they’re keen to encourage.

Reactions: 17
Dianne acting like a cock all over social media is the cherry on the cake this year. Or am I not aloud to say that?

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Ellie gives me Rose vibes in terms of gaining confidence, down to earth etc. For me Ellie and Vito have similar relationship vibe as Rose and Giovanni.

Reactions: 8
Louis Smith has ADHD, but I think he won more on the back of being the first Team GB Olympic medalist in decades and taking part in 2012 with another shiny medal round his neck. If Victoria Pendleton hadn’t been so Victoria Pendleton she would have been there as well.
Didn't know either he was diagnosed with ADHD, was it mentioned at the time?
If I recall Pendleton was pretty poor dancer so that's why she was booted

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.