Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #32

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
and anytime someone has something (not slating anyone) adhd, autism, is different in anyway they seem to win everyhting. Rose was great on strictly but she probabl wouldn't have got as may votes if she wasn't deaf. I don't care if that makes me sound heartless
Rose was great and it was incredible that she was able to achieve so much on the show being deaf. She also had a great personality, but yes, I think her disability and being 'inspirational' (ugh) meant she didn't get the usual criticism young women get on the show.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Just carrying this over from the other thread for @glasgow27 - the new producer rumour was from the Entertainment Odds blog, the same guy that runs the other poll that isn't Dave's. Absolutely no idea if there's any truth in it though! He does tend to go on about Strictly being fixed depending on who's booked for the tour so I don't know if he's the most reliable source

Reactions: 4
Jeez if Bobby gets through tonight Dianne will screech, collapse on the floor, jump up, run around the stage punching the air then go back to Bobby while everyone stand there open mouthed! Then when Claudia interviews them she will be like 'well I knew we'd get through as we had the best dances of the night, no other contestant could drag their partner across floor like Bobby did' 🤭 🤭
He dragged me in a way I’ve never been dragged before. I felt was so much safer than being dragged by a male pro
(Gorka eye rolls).

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Rose was great and it was incredible that she was able to achieve so much on the show being deaf. She also had a great personality, but yes, I think her disability and being 'inspirational' (ugh) meant she didn't get the usual criticism young women get on the show.
thank you for not calling me a heartless twit and semi agreeing with me. What she did was amazing and her and gio obvs got on

He dragged me in a way I’ve never been dragged before. I felt was so much safer than being dragged by a male pro
(Gorka eye rolls).
I think she would say just about ANYTHING at this stage, to try to make them sound good. 😁

Just watched the clip with Denise Van Outen on previous thread. Wow, wow, wow! 10s weren't given out as easily back then by the looks of it.

Reactions: 3
Ellie just gives me Meghan Markle vibes :unsure: :unsure:
Can I ask why? Just because this is the most random of comparisons I could personally think of (love one, can’t stand the other 😂) but I love how our minds see things differently

Can I ask why? Just because this is the most random of comparisons I could personally think of (love one, can’t stand the other 😂) but I love how our minds see things differently
I just think she resembles her lookwise, the close set eyes and the mouth area. ( yes I love ellie and detest the other one )

(Gorka eye rolls).
The placement of that drag as opposed to a lovely hug and a thank you nod to the audience ..... Can just imagine Dianne saying
'it will look like you're a real professional if you drag me to the judges like we're so in the moment that we just can't get out of character'
in reality it looked very staged, rehearsed and a tad pretentious.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I cannot bide Bobby! Sorry not sorry. I don't mind him on Eastenders, some of the crappy storylines on there, he blends in well tbh. But I just can't stand him on Strictly, the way he drapes his arms around his partner (red hair, dislike him so much I don't know her name) like an oragatan. He's just a complete tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
The placement of that drag as opposed to a lovely hug and a thank you nod to the audience ..... Can just imagine Dianne saying
'it will look like you're a real professional if you drag me to the judges like we're so in the moment that we just can't get out of character'
It looked really silly. 🤣

Reactions: 7
I think she was trying to recreate a moment like Ellie and Vito post AT where they kept it up to the judges table but Diane and Bobby just don't have that kind of believable intensity so like the 'nobody puts baby in a corner' moment it misses the mark and feels cringeworthy instead. 😬

Reactions: 14
I think she was trying to recreate a moment like Ellie and Vito post AT where they kept it up to the judges table but Diane and Bobby just don't have that kind of believable intensity so like the 'nobody puts baby in a corner' moment it misses the mark and feels cringeworthy instead. 😬
OMG I had tuned out of their paso and missed the drag. Just went back and looked - what were they thinking?? The dance is over! and then he just lugs her along the floor like an old Christmas tree, with his arms in a semi-banana pose! The audio description says 'he drags her manfully across the floor' 🤣
Ah, it's almost better than Tiny Cape!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
When the dance had ended and the drag from the training clip hadn't appeared I was like "thank god they nixed it, it looked awful."

Then THAT happened. 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I'm not down with any Bobby haters but that drag definitely did not have the effect they were intending 😂if Bobby gets through Diane is gonna go super sonic.

Reactions: 8
To be fair I did the classic “ballet, modern, tap” combo as a youngster that most girls in my era did if you “did dance” which I’m guessing is also what Ellie did and I can safely say it would provide me with practically nothing that I could use in strictly. Unless it was done at a very high level on a proper scheme, but I’m guessing it was more the local village hall in Bury on a Tuesday night vibe, especially given that she joined Corrie at 9 and I doubt had much time for dance as well as Corrie and school.
Apart from characterisation and how to use your core it doesn’t.

Reactions: 1
She’s still arguing back with random people on the BBC Instagram page. Jayde vibes! She also needs to acquaint herself with basic punctuation and spelling. It’s not a good look for a pro to be seeking out comments and responding when criticised. If Nigel (😍😢) hadn’t been injured, they wouldn’t be there

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
I wonder if it was a Gilkison special - he was 'helping' them. Maybe if Bobby had any gravitas or sexiness (he has other qualities, just not those) it might work. Or maybe if she was already on the floor? But it still looks like the man is going 'in the bin with ya!'

And yes, they were going for 'intense post-dance vibe' but just do a lingering stare!

(not shipping!)

Attachments

• Heart
She’s still arguing back with random people on the BBC Instagram page. Jayde vibes! She also needs to acquaint herself with basic punctuation and spelling. It’s not a good look for a pro to be seeking out comments and responding when criticised. If Nigel (😍😢) hadn’t been injured, they wouldn’t be there
The cringe factor is monumental.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.