Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reading that he got kicked out of theatre school and had to move back to Bury and hide who he was to survive secondary school choked me up. It made me think of my baby brother, who is a year or so older than Layton, who got relentlessly bullied all through his school years as he was quite effeminate. He denied who he was for a long time and I remember how anxious he was coming out to me, despite the fact that I had always known and ensured that he knew I supported him from a young age. He is now in a long-term relationship with a guy who makes him seem super butch 😂 I think seeing someone like Layton on mainstream TV would have helped him enormously as a teenager.
It’s why all my Ageds are power voting for Layton. They knew their brother/in-law was gay in the 1940’s and The Aunts especially are super protective of him. Seeing Layton just being Layton on the actual tele makes them so happy.
(It’s why it niggles me when I see comments about the older generations being all cardi clutchy about him being on. They should sit with a 90 year old shouting ‘oooh, sparkly corset … go on my son’).

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
So, no main series or Christmas partner for Michelle both years. Safe to say she's out?

Reactions: 10
decided I'm throwing all my votes at layton this week (and so will mr kcc whether he likes it or not) as it's just so hard to see what might happen

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I love Carlos. He’s so supportive of Angela although cha cha is sticky territory.
This years Pro Challenge is pants.

Reactions: 9
It’s why all my Ageds are power voting for Layton. They knew their brother/in-law was gay in the 1940’s and The Aunts especially are super protective of him. Seeing Layton just being Layton on the actual tele makes them so happy.
(It’s why it niggles me when I see comments about the older generations being all cardi clutchy about him being on. They should sit with a 90 year old shouting ‘oooh, sparkly corset … go on my son’).
I appear to have something in my eye 😢

If my Nan was still here so would she be. 2 out of her 5 grandchildren are LGBT. As long as we were happy and being treated well I don’t think she would give a toss about the gender of our partners.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Well, Gorka got one of the more well-known names in the Christmas line up, so I'm happy 😆 (not expecting Keisha to be that good at dancing though)

In the press release it says Neil's partner will be in the next series of Waterloo Road, so I guess that explains that booking. But still, what is the point of booking an unknown person for a Christmas special? At least with a series, you get to know them a bit over a few weeks

Reactions: 7
It's more interesting seeing which pros get picked for Christmas and which ones don't. It's probably the best move for her to sit out this time, but Karen being out pre-Halloween 3 years in a row and never doing the Christmas show is odd. I guess Gio isn't really up for it either.

And poor Michelle.

Reactions: 1
I have female relatives in their eighties. They don't watch Strictly but if they did, I believe they would love Layton, and say more power to him, he is lovely.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.