Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In 2019 the first 40 wasn’t given until musicals week, Karim & Amy’s jive. He deserved it for his charleston in Blackpool but for some reason never got one.

Reactions: 7
Ach Jake Leigh isn’t dancing this week! On tour with Anne Marie..

Looking more and more like Gio and Jowita are back on - this is the very definition of what the Mail would call ‘cosying up’ Girl you in danger!! (Ofc maybe they’re just good pals…)

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 3
In 2019 the first 40 wasn’t given until musicals week, Karim & Amy’s jive. He deserved it for his charleston in Blackpool but for some reason never got one.
Maybe unpopular opinion but I thought that Jive was a mess, and it was signposted for a 40 the second it was announced.

Reactions: 3
It's hard to imagine how Layton's couples choice won't get 40 when he will be dancing as he is trained to do, rather than in a specific style with specific requirements.

Even Ashley Roberts, the only other ringer who I would say comes close to being of the same ringer status as Layton, did her couples choice when it had to be within 3 set styles. Now it's a free for all I can't see how he won't get 40 unless he makes a mistake on the night.

Either way, it should be a great piece of entertainment to watch

Reactions: 5
That is exactly what it is. It's my comfort tv for the time it's on. Even better with the chats on here.

And when they managed to put on a show during lockdown and all the restrictions, that cheered me up an awful lot.
I couldn't agree with you more. Strictly was such a comfort in 2020. I think they did a marvellous job and fair play to Tess starting a live show after Boris had just told us we were going into lockdown again. She gets a lot of stick but that can't have been easy.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I wonder if Nikita’s knee is really bad? In Juliet’s group, Layton’s mum confirmed that the reason for Layton’s acrobatics in the jive was to ease the demands on Nikita’s injured knee

View attachment 2574363
Oh Laytons mum. Again, I love the over invested mums! We all kinda assumed that might have been the reason for Layton dancing on his own in that Jive and it seems that was the case. It all ties together with poor Nikita just sat directing him on a chair in the VT. I have to say, I’m actually quite impressed they decide to not play the sob story angle with it. It would have almost certainly got them through safely if they had been all, ohhh Nikita hasn’t been able to train with Layton.. and props to Nikita for dancing in what I imagine was a bit of pain! You’d have never know bar the fact I thought you could see him limping a bit in the after dance chat on instagram.

They def can have a dancer sub for them .. we’ve seen it before but I presumably Nikita wasn’t keen on that idea. He seems quite competitive, I bet he’d have been gutted.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Oh Laytons mum. Again, I love the over invested mums! We all kinda assumed that might have been the reason for Layton dancing on his own in that Jive and it seems that was the case. It all ties together with poor Nikita just sat directing him on a chair in the VT. I have to say, I’m actually quite impressed they decide to not play the sob story angle with it. It would have almost certainly got them through safely if they had been all, ohhh Nikita hasn’t been able to train with Layton.. and props to Nikita for dancing in what I imagine was a bit of pain! You’d have never know bar the fact I thought you could see him limping a bit in the after dance chat on instagram.

They def can have a dancer sub for them .. we’ve seen it before but I presumably Nikita wasn’t keen on that idea. He seems quite competitive, I bet he’d have been gutted.
But even if he did it for one week and got to recover... At this rate his potentially putting himself in a position where he won't be able to be there for Layton in the later weeks where it really matters... If he had rested last week, had a sub, he would be in a better position now, not seemingly worse.

That's just my opinion of course, to me it seems his competitive streak has gotten the better of his sense and I don't think it's fair on Layton tbh

Reactions: 2

Nadiya was with them a lot of that week, presume she was subbing for Nikita to keep his strength up and maybe sub on the night if needed.
---
New thread

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.