Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #24

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread
Blackpool weekend coming up
Looking forward to this year’s Pastagate
84CE8A6A-0689-4734-BE4E-43064948C37B.jpeg

---

Answers the questions about Dianne’s dad, poor girl.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Carrying on from the other thread regarding Nikitas knee. I would imagine he would have been signed off as ok to perform by physio. I would really hope that they would not allow a dancer to risk serious injury.

Reactions: 18
Poor Dianne. I imagine that she has mixed feelings about doing well with Bobby and potentially getting to the final, both because of her dad (though she wouldn't be able to travel to Aus anyway now till the end of the show, but I guess it's hard to concentrate on the routines) and Bobby's... Bobbyness.

Reactions: 24
I think Nikita along with the multiple experts they have on set will knows his limits. If they felt like he couldn’t perform then he wouldn’t have, knee issues are almost always a chronic issue and I think Karen has suffered with issues for years. Unfortunately as a dancer you have to just push through.

Reactions: 9
Poor Dianne. I imagine that she has mixed feelings about doing well with Bobby and potentially getting to the final, both because of her dad (though she wouldn't be able to travel to Aus anyway now till the end of the show, but I guess it's hard to concentrate on the routines) and Bobby's... Bobbyness.
I would imagine if Diane said she wanted to go, they would accommodate it … Bobby would just get a week or so with a Super Sub. Feel so sorry for her. It must be so hard to know what to do for the best … I guess if her Dad is wanting her to stay then that’s what she will do. At least methods of communication are better than even a few years ago but it does bring it home just how far away home actually is.

Reactions: 19
If Bobby and Dianne were to leave in the next couple of weeks, she could easily go to Aus to see her Dad and be back for the final. I'm sure they would let her miss standing around aimlessly in the background for a couple of weeks. So it must be tough for her to fully commit to training every day when in the back of her mind she's thinking, I could be with my Dad instead of with this gormless idiot Bobby.

Re Nikita's knee, whilst there is precedent for another pro to sub (Neil/Alex/Kevin) I think that would be a real detriment to Layton. A huge part of their success is the partnership, Layton dancing with Nadiya would, in my opinion, be rubbish. And I think Nikita is probably aware of that and really keen therefore to not risk it, even for a couple of weeks.

Reactions: 17
I would imagine if Diane said she wanted to go, they would accommodate it … Bobby would just get a week or so with a Super Sub. Feel so sorry for her. It must be so hard to know what to do for the best … I guess if her Dad is wanting her to stay then that’s what she will do. At least methods of communication are better than even a few years ago but it does bring it home just how far away home actually is.
Give Bobby to Michelle and let Dianne go to her dad.

Reactions: 13
Give Bobby to Michelle and let Dianne go to her dad.
I think they'd sub Nadiya - better at this stage in the game to have an experienced pro.

I can't imagine how horrible it must be being so far away from a loved one when they're in hospital. If she needs to, Dianne shouldn't hesitate to go off and be with her dad - the show will go on.

Reactions: 25
Re Nikita's knee, whilst there is precedent for another pro to sub (Neil/Alex/Kevin) I think that would be a real detriment to Layton. A huge part of their success is the partnership, Layton dancing with Nadiya would, in my opinion, be rubbish. And I think Nikita is probably aware of that and really keen therefore to not risk it, even for a couple of weeks.
Yeah, it's their partnership that has built them up a fanbase on the show, and I think they'd both be totally gutted if Nikita couldn't dance.

It's possible his knee was aggrevated by the slide in the Tango, and it was more a case of having to take precautions in the Jive week, rather than it being a full-on injury.

After the CC, they're due slower dances, and it would probably be better if they just skipped the Charelston at this stage.

Reactions: 10
Yeah, it's their partnership that has built them up a fanbase on the show, and I think they'd both be totally gutted if Nikita couldn't dance.

It's possible his knee was aggrevated by the slide in the Tango, and it was more a case of having to take precautions in the Jive week, rather than it being a full-on injury.

After the CC, they're due slower dances, and it would probably be better if they just skipped the Charelston at this stage.
That would be a shame as I'd love to see a Layton Charleston - think it would be uh-may-zing.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I'd be gutted if they missed the Charleston too!!
I don't think they will - I think they'll do AS, Charleston and rumba (yassss) as their remaining dances. Maybe a super glam foxtrot if they've got four left. Can't see them doing a waltz this late in the competition as that could knock them into the bottom two.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I don't think they will - I think they'll do AS, Charleston and rumba (yassss) as their remaining dances. Maybe a super glam foxtrot if they've got four left. Can't see them doing a waltz this late in the competition as that could knock them into the bottom two.
Paso Doble is left as well - can't imagine they won't do that one. Waltz for sure is a skip unless it's the semi-final.

Reactions: 13
Paso Doble is left as well - can't imagine they won't do that one. Waltz for sure is a skip unless it's the semi-final.
Oh of course - they def wouldn't pass on a paso. I reckon foxtrot and waltz will be skips then, and if they do an AS they'll lean into contemporary.

Reactions: 8
His Charelston would be amazing, tbf. I'd love to see something Nicholas Bros-esque in tailsuits. So, I want him to do it - and I think he probably will - I'm just thinking skipping it might be better for Nikita's knee and also deflect the criticism that he can only do fast dances with tricks, etc, esp as this CC is likely to show off literally every bell & whistle.

A good Waltz or FT would show potential progression and a different side, but the risk, as previously stated, is dropping into the B2 if it's not scored highly, or seeming a bit boring in comparison to the other routines.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
His Charelston would be amazing, tbf. I'd love to see something Nicholas Bros-esque in tailsuits. So, I want him to do it - and I think he probably will - I'm just thinking skipping it might be better for Nikita's knee and also deflect the criticism that he can only do fast dances with tricks, etc, esp as this CC is likely to show off literally every bell & whistle.

A good Waltz or FT would show potential progression and a different side, but the risk, as previously stated, is dropping into the B2 if it's not scored highly, or seeming a bit boring in comparison to the other routines.
A FT could be good though!! I don't think anything they do could be considered boring tbf 🤣
---
I actually love these two together 😂😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

Do it in the semi final 2 dance week when it can be hidden behind a higher scoring, potential dance off dance?

The QS was quite Nicholas Brothers … although the thought of them leaping down the stairs doing the splits is alluring 😁

Reactions: 6
A FT could be good though!! I don't think anything they do could be considered boring tbf 🤣
---
I actually love these two together 😂😂
I love how funny Carlos is, I think we didn't get to see it last year as he and Molly fought their way through with dance offs. He was kinda protective of Molly whereas with Angela, they can both be a bit crackers, together 😁.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I don't know whether I'm aroused or feeling maternal at Vito doing the rumba with a stuffed toy - safe to say his precise combo of sexiness and comedy is my kryptonite

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.