Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The media are getting ahead of AR being voted out at the weekend, well maybe, with all the headlines regarding her/ Kia and her.

Reactions: 1
Bobby does look good in modelling photos tbf. Sadly the rest of the time he looks like Gollum in a tit wig.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Bobby does look good in modelling photos tbf. Sadly the rest of the time he looks like Gollum in a tit wig.
honestly, he does have striking features so i get why he photographs extremely well. he also looks way better with his hair off his face like in that photo.

and that is the only compliment i will give him!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
honestly, he does have striking features so i get why he photographs extremely well. he also looks way better with his hair off his face like in that photo.

and that is the only compliment i will give him!
Years of watching Next Top Model has taught me that the models that get the work aren’t the conventionally good looking ones, it’s the ones with planes and angles and an interesting look who can bring different looks rather than just ‘pretty’. A lot of the winners you wouldn’t give time of day in real life, but when the camera finds the angles and shadows it’s game over.

Reactions: 8
Does anyone else feel like they're going to give old Angela 40 for her AS.

The fawning will be unbearable.

• Angry
Reactions: 4
Does anyone else feel like they're going to give old Angela 40 for her AS.

The fawning will be unbearable.
Ain't happening. 40 is nailed on for Layton I think (outside chance of Nigel). Ange is being ushered out the door with dignity in a nice frock (tm).

Reactions: 9
Do they always dish out a 40 in Blackpool? It annoys me that without seeing a single dance it’s just expected 😫 i don’t know why I’m so surprised, I’ve been watching Strictly since 2018 but ugh.

Reactions: 2
Do they always dish out a 40 in Blackpool? It annoys me that without seeing a single dance it’s just expected 😫 i don’t know why I’m so surprised, I’ve been watching Strictly since 2018 but ugh.
I seemed to recall they tend to score higher in general at Blackpool, don't they? Like a 7 dance becomes a 9, etc.

I think two out of Nigel, Ellie & Layton will get a 40.

Reactions: 5
Yup. Apart from in 2021 when they didn't go to Blackpool and the 40 was given in Halloween week instead. Craig has made his first 10 an event, and it requires a suitable occasion before he will deign to bestow it upon the lucky recipient 🥴
I expect it will be like last year when Fleur got the 40 for doing her day job (I did grow to like her CC, but I still think she should have got all 10s for her Samba).

Reactions: 7
Yup. Apart from in 2021 when they didn't go to Blackpool and the 40 was given in Halloween week instead. Craig has made his first 10 an event, and it requires a suitable occasion before he will deign to bestow it upon the lucky recipient 🥴
I expect it will be like last year when Fleur got the 40 for doing her day job (I did grow to like her CC, but I still think she should have got all 10s for her Samba).
I did wonder if the 40 for the cc was to make up for not giving one for the samba. I think it could be the same for the layton cc this week

Reactions: 3
I think Layton has the #narrative - unjust 39 last week, CC (same as Fleur last year). CCs score highly anyway and the backing dancers will probably really enhance it. QS in tails is a classic high scorer. Charleston has potential but could be messy and the song is faaast.

Reactions: 7
I did wonder if the 40 for the cc was to make up for not giving one for the samba. I think it could be the same for the layton cc this week
And if he does get a 40, it'll be for a dance that he "does in the clubs" - social media bashing incoming.

One person not get much of a mention is Angela S - could she surprise everyone?

Reactions: 5
eh, I still very much doubt craig will pull out the 10 paddle this weekend, despite how great ellie and layton are gonna be 🙂

Reactions: 3
And if he does get a 40, it'll be for a dance that he "does in the clubs" - social media bashing incoming.

One person not get much of a mention is Angela S - could she surprise everyone?
This concerns me slightly. That AT was complex & he pulled it out the bag & then some. Even the non-Layton fans thought it deserved a 40. I worry a show dance that’s very ‘Layton’ getting a 40 will just switch the haters back on again. He doesn’t deserve it. That said, I could def see Ellie getting a 40 this week. Big potential for her with the very popular Charleston on a bouncy floor. If they are going to dish out 40’s, I kinda hope it’s both of them! 🙏🏼

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.