Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love Nigel and Katya. That thing she did last night where she falls backwards and he catches her... how on earth did she do that, what kind of strength has she got! Not that I would be able to do it, ever šŸ˜ but I'm just wondering how she actually did it. She kinda throws herself, gracefully, back a bit like someone diving into water or something. Aww-may-zing!
All core strength from Katya, she made it l;ook so easy and trusted Nigel. Keeping her body rigid straight falling back then at that pivotal point without slipping, Nigel helping her back up whilst still keeping her core strong and body straight.

Katya is a genius, as Nigel said the 'best choreographer'. So talented too with her sports with Aimee, her piano playing, then as shown this week, she can draw and is good at art too. Talented lady.

Reactions: 18
I didnā€™t realise Bobby had time off from EE for SCD. I donā€™t think theyā€™ve ever allowed that before? Feels a bit unfair on those whoā€™ve gone before who didnā€™t get that.
Having watched Natalie Lowe valiantly dragging the broken cadaver of Scott Maslen through his last few weeks on the show, it does seem a tad unfair.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Confirmed by Dave
Adam vs Angela R

Adam out

Unanimous decision

(Prob for the best, Adam looked on his last legs. (Don't mention legs with Angela around!!))

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Youā€™d think that Janette being a former pro herself would be able to lead an interesting discussion about teaching but youā€™re absolutely right. Fingers crossed they get a Fleur day again this week and we get to actually hear about the changes Katya made to her teaching approach.

Katya is absolutely gorgeous. Am I voting for Nigel and Katya because I adore their partnership, think they both have fantastic personalities and always look forward to them dancing every week? Yes. Am I also voting for them because, as a bi woman, I fancy both of them a lot? Also yes šŸ˜‰
I thought it was interesting when Kevin was doing the choreography stuff this week, talking about the Cha Cha, and how he actually gave up teaching the correct technique to his celebs because its Hard and there isnā€™t enough time, but taught them instead how to fake it. I wonder what else they can short cut?

Reactions: 12
Yeah, I think Nikita has gone all out for Layton as he's so excited to have such a good dancer but both need to rein it in a bit - Layton in delivery and Nikita in choreo. I think a sensitive rumba or a gentle waltz will be the next best step for them to show that they can do soft and slow.
Iā€™m convinced theyā€™ll have a rumba next to try to ease the effort on Nikitaā€™s knee a bit.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Confirmed by Dave
Adam vs Angela R

Adam out

Unanimous decision

(Prob for the best, Adam looked on his last legs. (Don't mention legs with Angela around!!))
this seems right to me - he looked so exhausted last night. but i think both he and luba can be proud: a decent run with some good routines.

really thought angela s would be there

Reactions: 27
Confirmed by Dave
Adam vs Angela R

Adam out

Unanimous decision

Will they be able to resist leaving the two Angelas as the final two under the spotlight for the ultimate tension of revealing that the couple in the dance-off is ā€œAngela andā€¦ā€?

It felt like the right time for Adam to go and the poor man looked unwell/exhausted this week. He had a decent run and should be proud of getting to the halfway point. And Luba had her best run on the show. Iā€™d be happy to see her with a partner again next year.

Angela Rā€™s vote doesnā€™t seem to be as strong as suspected and I wonder if the audience in general are tiring of her slow dances. The waltz wasnā€™t her thing surprisingly and it was quite dull but also felt like nothing we havenā€™t seen from her before. Iā€™d be happy to see her go next week but I can see a bottom two bounce back saving her and her making it to Blackpool after all. However Iā€™d much rather see Krishnan there than Angela R.

Reactions: 19
The dance off survivor will be a menace to others if they sit there comfortably for a number of weeks šŸ¤”

Reactions: 9
Having watched Natalie Lowe valiantly dragging the broken cadaver of Scott Maslen through his last few weeks on the show, it does seem a tad unfair.
Poor James Bye, I think he would have bowed out if he hadn't been eliminated. I think he had a fairly big storyline on the go at the time. I know he was never going to be great but he did his best.

I imagined him, putting his feet up with a sigh of relief when he got home šŸ˜.

Reactions: 8
[
Looks like facial fillers, they've aged her massively. She's still gorgeous but the messing around with her face makes her look at least 10 years older than she is.
i think they looked like they'd reduced a bit last night but last week was terrible. She must have just had top ups or something. She's so pretty as well. It a shame she feels she needs them.

Reactions: 11
Nigel, in face and vibes, looks like he should be playing a handsome rake in an episode of Poirot, which is the highest compliment that I can give a man.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Iā€™m sorry, I totally appreciate Kai and how he is making this work but I am so sick of watching an 80 year old do their signature leg kick in the middle of each dance, I feel they desperately want her to get to Blackpool

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I think Giofanny wants to be the top dog Italian. He doesn't perceive lovely Graz as a threat but Vito rocketed up to the finals last year where Gio was one of the first out. I think it's just the green eyed monster.
---

By that comment, Anton meant he could see the mechanics of the dance - of course in dance you are meant to do the choreography, but it is meant to look natural rather than dancing by numbers. Bobby was not able to show the emotion or make the choreography flow, neither was he able to lead - the only time he seemed genuine was when he stroked Dianne's boob which he has probably been lusting over doing for weeks.
Giofanny šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Will they be able to resist leaving the two Angelas as the final two under the spotlight for the ultimate tension of revealing that the couple in the dance-off is ā€œAngela andā€¦ā€?

It felt like the right time for Adam to go and the poor man looked unwell/exhausted this week. He had a decent run and should be proud of getting to the halfway point. And Luba had her best run on the show. Iā€™d be happy to see her with a partner again next year.

Angela Rā€™s vote doesnā€™t seem to be as strong as suspected and I wonder if the audience in general are tiring of her slow dances. The waltz wasnā€™t her thing surprisingly and it was quite dull but also felt like nothing we havenā€™t seen from her before. Iā€™d be happy to see her go next week but I can see a bottom two bounce back saving her and her making it to Blackpool after all. However Iā€™d much rather see Krishnan there than Angela R.
I agree. He looked exhausted last night. He did well, and can be proud of how he got on. He and Luba seemed to get on really well and he definitely did his best. Re Angela R, I know she said when she was announced that she wouldn't win but up to now, she seemed to have a fair bit of support. If she ousts Krishnan, in due course, I will not be one bit happy! šŸ˜

Reactions: 14
I am quite surprised it was Angela R rather than Angela S in the dance off. Must admit a small part of me wanted Angela R to get to Blackpool. Her reaction to criticism last night was not nice though so Iā€™m quite happy for her and her angry turtle head to sod off now.

Adam did look exhausted last night. Itā€™s the right time for him to go. I hope Luba isnā€™t benched again next year. Iā€™d prefer to see her over Nadiya who I find quite forgettable. I think they should bench Dianne next year.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.