Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think that Nikita is so excited about Laytons ability that he wants to keep pushing things. I do agree that this weeks spinning was probably more about Nikitas knee than showcasing Laytons already existing skills.

I think the other thing that is having a big impact on how Nikita approaches the choreography is that they feel a responsibility to represent Layton as who he authentically is and the audience who may be watching who can identify with him. I dread to imagine the kind of bigotry that comes his way as a flamboyant, gay, black man.

Agreed - I didn't mean to start a debate and I really like Layton and Nikita and am so pleased about the representation they bring to the show ❤

Reactions: 14
Re: Layton just an opinion of course.

You can't own a Lion and expect it to behave like a kitten .

If Nikita has any sense (and he does) him Layton will have become their own strong creative choreo TEAM behind the scenes.

So many contestants have sway over their partners choreography decisions Katya and Nigel have openly become a creative team now and i personally love when you can feel TWO peoples personality all over their dance as opposed to a formulaic, tell me what to do, just follow the teacher, copy the steps approach.

Hard to explain but you not going to put Layton back in his box your going to team up and use it all and produce something outstanding, they're bright men it's probably exciting for them I certainly find it exciting as a viewer 🤷

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Agreed - I didn't mean to start a debate and I really like Layton and Nikita and am so pleased about the representation they bring to the show ❤
There is nothing wrong with anything you posted! All other contestants are spoken about here, I don't understand why it's not okay to say anything about Layton and Nikita, especially when it's nothing negative!!

Reactions: 8
I love watching Layton and Nikita.

I also love watching Gio’s face now in the claudatrium - is it jealousy or does he just not like Vito?

Reactions: 14
Re: Layton just an opinion of course.

You can't own a Lion and expect it to behave like a kitten .

If Nikita has any sense (and he does) him Layton will have become their own strong creative choreo TEAM behind the scenes.

So many contestants have sway over their partners choreography decisions Katya and Nigel have openly become a creative team now and i personally love when you can feel TWO peoples personality all over their dance as opposed to a formulaic, tell me what to do, just follow the teacher, copy the steps approach.

Hard to explain but you not going to put Layton back in his box your going to team up and use it all and produce something outstanding, they're bright men it's probably exciting for them I certainly find it exciting as a viewer 🤷
I really look forward to their performances every week. I think as others have said, the spin (don't know what the correct term is 😁) that Layton did last night probably was at least partially down to Nikita having to mind his knee a bit. I do hope he is okay, serious injury would be such a blow for any dancer.

I love Nigel and Katya. That thing she did last night where she falls backwards and he catches her... how on earth did she do that, what kind of strength has she got! Not that I would be able to do it, ever 😁 but I'm just wondering how she actually did it. She kinda throws herself, gracefully, back a bit like someone diving into water or something. Aww-may-zing!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I love watching Layton and Nikita.

I also love watching Gio’s face now in the claudatrium - is it jealousy or does he just not like Vito?
I looked at him last night and the week before when Vito and Ellie came up into the Clauditorium. Unlike everyone else who was turned towards them, smiling, cheering and waving, Gio stood with his body turned away from them, clapping politely, then his smile dropped instantly as he turned his face away from them, probably not registering that he was in shot.
I would pay, ooh, £50, to know how/when they went from being reasonably matey at the start of last year to zero contact and icy (on Gio's part anyway)

Reactions: 11
Didn’t someone say that Vito is good friends with Jowita and she is now one of Fanny rats victims.

I think Gio wants to be the Italian Stallion who everyone (Lady Lav aka FR) lusts over and he has been overtaken by an Italian puppy.

You just know that Vito is going to approach every area of his life with the same enthusiasm. I would imagine him to be very giving when Fanny rat would just discard you once he’s finished.

Reactions: 17
i did, ngl, experience a strange emotion last night in feeling empathy for bobby 🤣

i thought anton’s comment to him about being too rehearsed and not spontaneous/improvised enough was completely unfair. he’s not a dancer and he’s with a pro who has only ever done one other AT on this show - he can only follow the steps as he’s been shown them?! i get that it maybe wasn’t rough and was very placed, but i thought he did well. the lifts were great.

then he did all that still in character stuff and the ick returned.

Reactions: 13
I think Giofanny wants to be the top dog Italian. He doesn't perceive lovely Graz as a threat but Vito rocketed up to the finals last year where Gio was one of the first out. I think it's just the green eyed monster.
---
i did, ngl, experience a strange emotion last night in feeling empathy for bobby 🤣

i thought anton’s comment to him about being too rehearsed and not spontaneous/improvised enough was completely unfair. he’s not a dancer and he’s with a pro who has only ever done one other AT on this show - he can only follow the steps as he’s been shown them?! i get that it maybe wasn’t rough and was very placed, but i though he did well.

By that comment, Anton meant he could see the mechanics of the dance - of course in dance you are meant to do the choreography, but it is meant to look natural rather than dancing by numbers. Bobby was not able to show the emotion or make the choreography flow, neither was he able to lead - the only time he seemed genuine was when he stroked Dianne's boob which he has probably been lusting over doing for weeks.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
same on all counts. they, potentially, have some great dances coming up which (on paper) really suit him. i’m hoping the confidence boost he got last night is going to help him moving forward.
Hopefully that much needed confidence boost combined with Katya reflecting on the best way to teach him will help Nigel reach his full potential now. You’re absolutely right that he’s got some great dances coming up that should really suit him and I’m really hoping everything is clicking into place for him at exactly the right time.

I hope Fleur or Janette asks Katya more about how she adapted her teaching this week. She mentioned about counting not working for Nigel and something about story telling instead but I’d love to know more. For me, it’s things like that which separate pros like Katya from some of the weaker professionals. Not only is she one of the strongest choreographers but she had the skill and self-awareness to see that her teaching method wasn’t working and changed tack.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Where is the spoiler! I’m glad I didn’t stay up waiting last night 😂

Reactions: 5
Hopefully that much needed confidence boost combined with Katya reflecting on the best way to teach him will help Nigel reach his full potential now. You’re absolutely right that he’s got some great dances coming up that should really suit him and I’m really hoping everything is clicking into place for him at exactly the right time.

I hope Fleur or Janette asks Katya more about how she adapted her teaching this week. She mentioned about counting not working for Nigel and something about story telling instead but I’d love to know more. For me, it’s things like that which separate pros like Katya from some of the weaker professionals. Not only is she one of the strongest choreographers but she had the skill and self-awareness to see that her teaching method wasn’t working and changed tack.
I think Charleston, Argentine Tango and a Jazzy couples choice could suit Nigel really well. Maybe American Smooth too? Could definitely see potential for one of those to be used for Blackpool if he makes it.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

i thought anton’s comment to him about being too rehearsed and not spontaneous/improvised enough was completely unfair. he’s not a dancer and he’s with a pro who has only ever done one other AT on this show - he can only follow the steps as he’s been shown them?! i get that it maybe wasn’t rough and was very placed, but i thought he did well. the lifts were great.

I think Anton was just jealous because he'd love to have a touch of his dear Dianne's boob

I am worried about you though @LaBlonde feeling some Bobby emotions I think you might need a night with Mr Harman to sort all that out for ya 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 8

It's something I would love to know more about too.

The problem with Janette asking it is, she won't listen to the answer. Janette has a formula - 'ask question, get answer, cut off interviewee.' She did it to Luba last week, rather than letting her finish a sentence. Then moved on to some time filler and I thought why did she not allow Luba to finish speaking and then the time filler could be condensed, since that's all it was.

Likewise with Krishnan, he said to her that Lauren treats him like a dancer, when he was talking about how much Strictly means to him. She repeated what he said, laughed (it wasn't funny) and then ploughed on. 🤷‍♀️

Anyway, I digress, I agree Katya is superb and she is smoking hot, into the bargain 😁

Reactions: 18
I’m hopeful that Adam and Luba or the Irish girl goes this week.

PS I’ve been wondering why Luba bothers me so much, I think it’s her face, what the hell happened??
Looks like facial fillers, they've aged her massively. She's still gorgeous but the messing around with her face makes her look at least 10 years older than she is.

Reactions: 9

Proper AT isn’t choreographed at all … so part of the skill with Strictly AT is to make the choreographed look spontaneous, which he couldn’t do. You could see the counting behind the eyes and the open mouth. Basically it was a boy doing a man’s dance.

I loved Ellie and Vito’s dance … see what happens when a couple just dance without much In the way of props, in appropriate attire with cracking music … although the end running round in circles looked like something went wrong?

Reactions: 10
It's something I would love to know more about too.

The problem with Janette asking it is, she won't listen to the answer. Janette has a formula - 'ask question, get answer, cut off interviewee.' She did it to Luba last week, rather than letting her finish a sentence. Then moved on to some time filler and I thought why did she not allow Luba to finish speaking and then the time filler could be condensed, since that's all it was.

Likewise with Krishnan, he said to her that Lauren treats him like a dancer, when he was talking about how much Strictly means to him. She repeated what he said, laughed (it wasn't funny) and then ploughed on. 🤷‍♀️

Anyway, I digress, I agree Katya is superb and she is smoking hot, into the bargain 😁
You’d think that Janette being a former pro herself would be able to lead an interesting discussion about teaching but you’re absolutely right. Fingers crossed they get a Fleur day again this week and we get to actually hear about the changes Katya made to her teaching approach.

Katya is absolutely gorgeous. Am I voting for Nigel and Katya because I adore their partnership, think they both have fantastic personalities and always look forward to them dancing every week? Yes. Am I also voting for them because, as a bi woman, I fancy both of them a lot? Also yes 😉

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.