Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am quite surprised it was Angela R rather than Angela S in the dance off. Must admit a small part of me wanted Angela R to get to Blackpool. Her reaction to criticism last night was not nice though so I’m quite happy for her and her angry turtle head to sod off now.

Adam did look exhausted last night. It’s the right time for him to go. I hope Luba isn’t benched again next year. I’d prefer to see her over Nadiya who I find quite forgettable. I think they should bench Dianne next year.
absolutely agree, Luba has cemented a permanent place with a celeb in my eyes, and yes I hope Ange r shuffles off next week
---
There's the next job sorted!
He did a good job in Downton Abbey
7A9130D2-7ED0-4901-8DBB-467E00738312.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Nigel, in face and vibes, looks like he should be playing a handsome rake in an episode of Poirot, which is the highest compliment that I can give a man.
I had Miss Marple on one night recently, in the background - comfort tv. I love Agatha Christie.
And I thought I know that voice, Nigel was Jason Rudd in The Mirror Crack'd from Side to Side, in 2011. 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Confirmed by Dave
Adam vs Angela R

Adam out

Unanimous decision

(Prob for the best, Adam looked on his last legs. (Don't mention legs with Angela around!!))
Oh interesting! Grange's reaction is going to be interesting, judging by the "you dare to judge me, Angela Rippon, dancing a Waltz! I have a Ballroom dancing made easy dvd with Ian Waite that's available for 91p on Amazon! How very dare you" reaction to her comments last night.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I love Layton and Nikita's chemistry, and there's no denying that Layton is an amazing dancer, but I agree that his dances fall a little flat because while they're entertaining and skillfully done, the choreography leans too heavily on what Layton can already do rather than stripping things back and focusing on getting the core style of dance right - it's all bells and whistles and no knickers, to bastardise two common phrases 😂 last night was great (and Nikita looked HOT 🥵) but when Layton kept going into spins or doing other moves that made him look like a show pony rather than someone doing the jive it made me a bit uncomfortable because it felt like he was inwardly screaming "sod the rules of the dance, look at me me ME!!!"

He seems like a nice guy but I'd love to see how he does in a calmer, more traditional dance in future weeks.
This is exactly what we said when watching. Too many Layton moves but not enough of what’s meant to be included in a jive.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.