Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

soccergirl

VIP Member
Anton is asking for questions for him & Gio about their programme for The One Show tonight…

God I have a few! let me dig my files out... I'd settle for: [Alex Jones voice]

'Giovanni, if Richie was crossing the road and you were lying on the street on fire, would he stop to piss on you?'

• Haha
Reactions: 9

olag

I rarely post on Strictly tread but trying to keep up with all the posts during the Strictly season and I am so happy that I booked ticket to see Strictly tour in Edinburgh!! And I will be travelling from Poland so you can see how much I am invested in UK tv show 😂

• Heart

fluffycow172

Fact is not everybody likes the same TV Presenters. I stopped watching ITT when Rylan joined. I liked him but not as Presenter of this show.

You should be grateful that Alsuon Hammond has landed Bake Off or else she'd be the front runner.

Personally, I'm thinking that AJ Odudu or Ore Oduba will be in the running.
I’d be fine with literally anyone but AJ (how’s trish and victim of Nadiya’s evil schemes).

I agree with others, would love Ellie T to do it. Absolutely loved her on the show albeit not being the best dancer

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Someone on DS suggesting that Shirley is in negotiations for more money.

I don't condone anyone who trolls her about judging or whatever, however I will absolutely not stand for her getting more money when her increase in money comes out of a licence fee which people are bullied into paying for when they struggle to heat their bloody homes. Not to mention that the pros and everyone behind the scenes are the real talent who work extremely hard in keeping the show going. Why are the BBC allowing this, a judge sits and gives scores, they are easily replaceable?

Queen of Latin or not, ultimatums need to be made. And if it's "give me more money or I leave" then see ya later.
To be fair to Shirley that a heck of a lot of supposition based on not a lot of fact :D

I’m still waiting for someone to question how Anton can judge Gio as they are ‘such good friends’ outside of Strictly ‘cos sure as eggs, if any of the female judges had gone on a road trip with one of the pro dancers there would be calls to at least bring in a substitute-judge to mark them to make if fair.
(I have no problem with it … Anton’s marking is a mystery at the best of times. It’s just the double standards of Motsi not being able to so much as make eye contact with Oti or Shirley apparently favouring Kevin-from-Grimsby because she used to teach him when Len wore his prejudices on his sleeve and Anton goes skipping off into sunset with Gio without a murmer).

Elleyunsun

VIP Member
In Dan Walker’s book there is a chapter on Nadiya and her mum committed herself to supporting her dance career and travelling with her, whilst her dad went and had an entire second family behind their backs. How delightful 💀

ETA: from everything I’ve heard about Shirley and Corky and their marriage, living with them sounds like an unholy hellscape.

• Sad

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
I saw a comment somewhere that Gorka might be angling for season 3 as he is one of the few pros to comment enthusiastically on all of Gio's posts about the series. While it would make more sense for him to be involved in a tour of Spain, an Anton-Gio-Gorka trio would not be televisual magic, in my view.. (have Anton and Gorka ever interacted, bar Gorka looking pissy when Anton said something stupid about Helen..?)
Provided he stays in character Pissy Gorka might be a decent antidote to Anton Ha ha marvellousing his way around and Gio pretending to be pining for the life of a family man in between Googling for Instagram babes.

• Haha

lizzolyn

VIP Member

Bruno saying he is now only touch with Tess and Craig and he exhausted himself going back and forth from DWTS to Strictly; no sympathy there he knew exactly what he was getting himself in for taking on both jobs.

I have just looked at the Rose and Gio FB page and now my brain hurts. Apparently Jowita was in the audience at one of Gio’s shows and told several complete strangers that she and Gio were not a couple. Yes of course she did 🙄

This definitely true anecdote could only be improved if Jowita was wearing AJ’s show dress whilst she delivered this bombshell.
---
Given she’s been seen at multiple of his shows we have to conclude she’s a tragic stalker and he doesn’t have the heart to shut her down.
Lady Lav: ‘How very dare she! Everyone knows that I’m Gio’s tragic stalker, and I’m not having some Jenny-come-lately flibbertigibbet stealing my crown!’

Last edited:
  • Haha

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
You can tell we're in a Strictly slow news period when there are people on DS saying Shania Twain (and Pink!) Is a possibility for Strictly and Neil is the most likely partner for her

In the unlikely event of Shania Twain ever doing Strictly, I feel like there's more chance of me partnering her than Neil

Completely agree about Tahj Miles though! He would be great

• Haha

glasgow27

VIP Member
There are people in this country can’t afford food and heating so when the judges are earning between £150 - £250k for a day and a half’s work a week, for a quarter of the year, and are asking for a pay rise then they are taking the absolute piss!
The worst part is that it is paid out of regular people's money who are basically bullied by red letters into paying a licence to keep 'talent' flush with cash. The optics are all round bad. If it were a commercial channel, it would still be tone-deaf but I'd care less.

• Heart

Elleyunsun

VIP Member
In the last thread there was a post about obsessive fans, LadyLav speaks for herself but kai and nadiya seem to have a few girls who follow them about, specifically Nadiya, one girl posts as if they are close friends but really she just seems to show up wherever nadiya is😂
There’s a few of the Twitter girls who post like, a picture of Karen/Kai/Luba with the caption ‘they are all that matters’ or ‘you came into my life at just the right time’. It’s a bit 😬.

• Wow
  • Haha

soccergirl

VIP Member
I honestly never see Johannes pop up. And tbf he has a compelling story - I’d rather read a book about him than most of the others. The Actimel/Hello Fresh stuff is the worst and I find Trending Travel quite cringe. But also, yeah, what else can they do in between tours and the show? There’s only so many Donaheys weekends you can do..

Elleyunsun

VIP Member
Rhys I would love, Richie I would tolerate, Jeanette all week nah. Or AJ not how’s Trish and Jeanette in some kind of migraine-inducing nightmare

• Haha

glasgow27

VIP Member
Yes - AJ was 21 when he started.

It's not like young dancers can't work. I make no secret of the fact that I think Nikita is brilliant, and of course, Aljaž was only 23 when he joined and won with Abbey. How's Trish might be a bit of a plonker but he too was a good pro. Then DWTS in the USA had the Houghs, Mark Ballas & Cheryl Burke all joined in their early 20s, with thirteen wins between the four of them. Even DWTS Ireland has cultivated young talent, Kai was 21 when he started and did pretty well there, I like their current 20 year old dancer Ervinas as well.

Point is - wrong dancer, not the wrong age.