Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
Really sad about this. What a true gentleman he was. Strictly was not the same after he left. I hope he enjoyed the short retirement he had, you just never know do you. RIP Len. There are not many like him left ❤

Reactions: 10

posy

VIP Member
Made me smile that Gio has asked people not to DM - don’t want those DMs getting in the way of his Insta ladies. Im no mathematician but 13,000 comments out of 1 million followers isn’t a big percentage.

• Haha

lalalandx21

Chatty Member
this actually makes me kinda sad (re his comments about kaye) - i thought he seemed genuinely lovely with her.

also “hasn’t had good luck with partners”?!? mate, you’ve done two series and on your first one you technically got to the final. go and talk to anton.
I agree, Kaye lacked confidence and tried for him, shes a woman of age and gave it her best next to a 27 year old world champion. I felt like he didn’t try with her to be honest.

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
I've just seen the first article about Jake Quickenden being desperate to do Strictly (apparently, he wasn't sure whether to take on other work in August, just in case he got the call). So I guess that means Strictly season has officially started

• Haha
  • Wow

Elleyunsun

VIP Member
I think the problem with AJ for me is that she only has one presenting mode that’s very ‘loud and party’, unlike someone like Rylan that can dial it up and down as needed.

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
I’m sad to see Rylan go, I thought he was a fab presenter and great at getting the best out of the contestants. I’m not a fan of Zoe Ball so I didn’t watch it for a long time. Depending when Janette has her baby, it could be her but I think it’ll be Joanne Clifton and/or Kevin. Or even worse - Kevin and Stacey 😳. And that’ll be when ITT and I will part company again 😂.

I saw Giovanni’s show and you know what, I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. He was quite funny and took the piss put himself a bit and Lauren was amazing - brilliant dancer but she came out before the show started and chatted to folk in the audience which I thought was a nice touch. Giovanni said he’s been asked back for this year’s show but Lauren hasn’t had “the phone call” yet.

Pro tour to look forward to, hoping to learn more about Carlos, Nancy, Vito and Nikita in particular.

And Neil a dad eh, deary me!

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
I don't think I would bother watching ITT without Rylan.

Unless they get another good presenter, I won't be tuning in.

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
How Stacey bloody Dooley won is still way beyond my comprehension. I mean, I know, it was because of Grimsby

The grinning in her Les Mis dance as she was symbolically carried away into pestilence, deprivation and death!

002fd0fde8c9731ba826d8e6e0fef2d5.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow

Boring Monday

VIP Member
You need someone who can interview people and be prepared to ditch the script if necessary. when It’s done right, presenting looks like a piece of cake. When it’s not, it looks like Janette and proves just how hard it is to make something look easy. Am so sad Rylan has moved on. Someone like Gethin could be a good placeholder. (friend has just said CFP. We are now not speaking. she doesn't know yet).

pineapplesandcheese

Not just that but they showed other people's children as well, not just their niece's. It just makes me think that they would do something like that with their own child and their friends.

I did have to laugh at the eldest girl completely bypassing Janette to get to Aljaz though.It reminded me of something my nephew would do 😂
Absolutely- Janette's just done some sort of Disney promo so I have a feeling she might go full blown mummy blogger. I do really like Janette, it just makes me sad that this stuff has become so normal now people can't seem to see that it's weird. As annoying as Stacey and Kevin are, I respect that they've decided not to show their daughters face on SM. Nadiya doesn't either

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Absolutely- Janette's just done some sort of Disney promo so I have a feeling she might go full blown mummy blogger. I do really like Janette, it just makes me sad that this stuff has become so normal now people can't seem to see that it's weird. As annoying as Stacey and Kevin are, I respect that they've decided not to show their daughters face on SM. Nadiya doesn't either
I wonder if in 10 or 20 years people will be looking back agog at just how much of the people in their life celebs shared online … kids especially who really have no say in it at all. It’s a reason why I kind of side eye Gemma and Gorka, really. its one thing to take holiday cine film of your kids to bore all your friends with back home, it’s another to post it on line and have it taken up by the tabloids. I don’t know, it’s just 🤷‍♀️
The thought of perfect strangers knowing that much about my life, family, home and movements is actually a bit scary. Lines get burred and there’s no wonder that randoms do think they are friends. Invite people in to that extent and it has potential to be awkward.
---
Cheers! I did always think his pro entrance video on ITT was a little bit arrogant.
I think they all are, to be honest. Some are probably better at masking it than others but to have been training and competing from childhood in a pretty cut throat arena then self confidence and arrogance are probably obligatory. I wouldn’t want to play snap with any of them. You’d loose your hand.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Elleyunsun

VIP Member
I love how the Rio fans after a few hours of consternation and tutting at Gio talking about girls' tits, are back on their shipping! nothing will stop them from believing their poor lamb just needs the love of a good woman, who will secure the supreme prize, an ageing Italian manwhore!

Meanwhile Vito perhaps has sensed a gap in the market for a truly wholesome single Italian man, and is storying about going to Italian mass in London for Palm Sunday and the importance of spending time with family over Easter. 🥰
Vito seems to actually have interests and things he likes aside from dancing and spending money and that really comes through in his off time. His cooking looks fab too, he was a great hire for Strictly (and I feel guilty thinking he was going to be another plonker).

Rose has the Olivier awards later and I hope, whatever the result, they can hold off trying to credit this success to him 🙄

glasgow27

VIP Member
Joe Sugg may have been seen as the "nice young man" but his dancing was nowhere near the other "nice young men" who made it to the final (Hamza, Jay, Joe McFadden, Harry, Louis, HRVY, John) so I did find his appeal baffling. The YouTube fanbase for sure boosted him but won't have been the sole reason he was there.

IMO, he'd have got lost in the shuffle and left a lot earlier if there was a really good male contestant that year with voter appeal. The men that year were pretty bad - Charles was great at latin but struggled at ballroom, Danny JJ was limited by age and didn't mesh with Amy and then Lee, Seann, Dr. Ranj & Graeme didn't stand a chance at the final.

soccergirl

VIP Member
Vito appears to be officially in a throuple with Joe and Dianne now (if there was any doubt about what clothes Carlos persuaded him to buy, they have been answered!)

1680118249697.png

• Haha
Reactions: 9