Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, unfortunately I can't see Bobby getting a bad score with the AT, seeing as how all he has to do is chuck Dianne around without dropping her. If he can manage that, the judges are sure to heap praise on him even if he hardly dances a step. :rolleyes:

Hell, even if he does drop her they'll probably have their 'oh dear, tiny mistake but not to worry' mode engaged.

Reactions: 5
I like them together - I agree they’re a pair of kooky oddballs. They need another routine that shows that off.
I agree that Angela is also hiding a bit behind humour - not that everything has to be ‘what a journey I’m having’ but people like to see some growth. Id like to see her do a CC with Irish dancing and just say ‘feck it, here’s what I can really do’. I bet Carlos wouid be great at it too.
I think Strictly has fallen a bit into the trap of thinking that gelling on a personal level means the partnership will work on a training level … which isn’t necessarily always the case. Appearing to accede to celeb requests for a particular pro doesn’t seem to be working either. Yes, they’re spending a lot of time together so it’s better if they aren’t Luluing but neither do they need to be planning Christmas 2025.

Personally, think they’ve got it wrong at least 3 times this year (Gio/Amanda, Bobby/Dianne, Eddie/Karen with Carlos/Angela S <scales hands>). Just go back to putting the celeb with the pro that can get the most out of them. If they aren’t BFF immediately then never mind. A good working relationship has given us any number of cracking partnerships.

Reactions: 18
I find it odd they are letting celebs chose their pros. I always thought the old way of getting them all in one room a few times, getting them to dance together and see who naturally leans towards who a much better idea! As with anything in life, sometimes you get on with people you least expect. Dianne & Bobby was a truly bizarre choice this year, the height difference is too much. I can only assume it was a request from one of them?!

Reactions: 10
I'm going to explain this badly and probably use the wrong analogy but hopefully my point sort of comes across....

To me the show itself or the judges (those types) are massive clout chasers like the grander the contestants 'day job' the more clout they have with the judges when it comes to blowing smoke up their arses.

So for example Krishnan he is a well respected news anchor, an esteemed journalist with a highly respected current affairs job and we have Dame Rippon all hail her even gracing us with her presence ..... now a minor thing like 'going wrong' from these two is but a mere blip, you are simply here and we are not worthy my darlings

However if for example you're a soap actor tripping up or home improvement presenter not breathing enough you better just know that if you 'go wrong' we the judges aint holding back we owe you duck all for being here so its both barrels 😂
That is so very true, and very well put.

There's quite a lot of smoke blowing with Angela R, imo. I always forget to watch her though because I start watching Kai. 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I find it odd they are letting celebs chose their pros. I always thought the old way of getting them all in one room a few times, getting them to dance together and see who naturally leans towards who a much better idea! As with anything in life, sometimes you get on with people you least expect. Dianne & Bobby was a truly bizarre choice this year, the height difference is too much. I can only assume it was a request from one of them?!
I think I remember reading in the past that there have been celebs who have said I'll do it if I can have such and such a pro but I don't think pros have ever been able to request a certain celeb or even that they get a celeb in the first place. From Bobby's approach to the show I highly doubt he watched in the past so he wouldn't have requested Dianne. To us they're a bizarre choice but the producers seem to like giving Dianne partners who are way too tall for her, this is her second one in a row. I think they were matched based on personality.

Reactions: 3
I think I remember reading in the past that there have been celebs who have I'll do it if I can have such and such a pro but I don't think pros have ever been able to request a certain celeb or even that they get a celeb in the first place. From Bobby's approach to the show I highly doubt he watched in the past so he wouldn't have requested Dianne. To us they're a bizarre choice but the producers seem to like giving Dianne partners who are way too tall for her, this is her second one in a row. I think they were matched based on personality.
There’s a myth that Ann widdecombe demanded Anton but it isn’t true, I think the whole thing grew legs from that.

Reactions: 4
I think I remember reading in the past that there have been celebs who have I'll do it if I can have such and such a pro but I don't think pros have ever been able to request a certain celeb or even that they get a celeb in the first place. From Bobby's approach to the show I highly doubt he watched in the past so he wouldn't have requested Dianne. To us they're a bizarre choice but the producers seem to like giving Dianne partners who are way too tall for her, this is her second one in a row. I think they were matched based on personality.
Johannes seems to be the pro a lot ask for, Caroline Q, Ellie T and Annabel. KFG went in pretty hard to get Stacey as a partner. When the celebs used to be announced the pros would be in the comments asking how tall they were.

I'm going to explain this badly and probably use the wrong analogy but hopefully my point sort of comes across....

To me the show itself or the judges (those types) are massive clout chasers like the grander the contestants 'day job' the more clout they have with the judges when it comes to blowing smoke up their arses.

So for example Krishnan he is a well respected news anchor, an esteemed journalist with a highly respected current affairs job and we have Dame Rippon all hail her even gracing us with her presence ..... now a minor thing like 'going wrong' from these two is but a mere blip, you are simply here and we are not worthy my darlings

However if for example you're a soap actor tripping up or home improvement presenter not breathing enough you better just know that if you 'go wrong' we the judges aint holding back we owe you duck all for being here so its both barrels 😂
And then there's Bobby who is immune from criticism.

Will be watching later tonight as I refuse to watch with too many people in the house 😅. But hopefully will catch the vote. It's going to be an interesting one.

2 eliminations til Blackpool.

I think the judges should judge everyone equal so whether you are Zara Philips or Fiona Philips if you go wrong the judges should say (in a nice way obv). Bobby needs to pull his bum in but no one has mentioned that, Nigel had a lot of content went a bit wrong and was criticized by Shirley.

I think the judges should judge everyone equal so whether you are Zara Philips or Fiona Philips if you go wrong the judges should say (in a nice way obv). Bobby needs to pull his bum in but no one has mentioned that, Nigel had a lot of content went a bit wrong and was criticized by Shirley.
Perhaps there should be 2 marks if the judges are being so critical.

One for content and another for execution.

Content for dear old Angela last week would have been low/ Wafting arms, sitting on a bench, pointing and a looking into the distance, ohhh yes and the only thing the judges could remark on was the swivels, which is very basic step in the charleston. :rolleyes:

I think they paired Bobby and Dianne together as they thought together they would capture the youth vote. Dianne presents as much younger than she is and her relationship with a YouTuber will mean younger fans.

I think the judges need to look at the overall performance and judge fairly instead of honing in on some for any mistake whilst ignoring others.

I think Sail will be an excellent AT song and I’m pissed off that Bobby and Dianne have it. I just can’t imagine that it won’t be awful. Can Bobby take the gormless vacant grin off his face and act sexy and masterful? 🤢

Not going to lie I would vote for him if he came on with a pan stuck to his head though 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I think I remember reading in the past that there have been celebs who have said I'll do it if I can have such and such a pro but I don't think pros have ever been able to request a certain celeb or even that they get a celeb in the first place. From Bobby's approach to the show I highly doubt he watched in the past so he wouldn't have requested Dianne. To us they're a bizarre choice but the producers seem to like giving Dianne partners who are way too tall for her, this is her second one in a row. I think they were matched based on personality.
Bobby did say at the start Diane was the one he had requested/wanted … I think it was assumed it was from the meet up at group dance rehearsals that happened before the pairings.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 2
I think they paired Bobby and Dianne together as they thought together they would capture the youth vote. Dianne presents as much younger than she is and her relationship with a YouTuber will mean younger fans.

I think the judges need to look at the overall performance and judge fairly instead of honing in on some for any mistake whilst ignoring others.

I think Sail will be an excellent AT song and I’m pissed off that Bobby and Dianne have it. I just can’t imagine that it won’t be awful. Can Bobby take the gormless vacant grin off his face and act sexy and masterful? 🤢

Not going to lie I would vote for him if he came on with a pan stuck to his head though 😂
Its such a funny thought though, teenage girls or youths sitting about at home watching Joe Sugg vlogs, mans in his thirties living in a footballers mansion, working in media and living with a 34 year old woman KSI he is not 😂 maybe they should hire at least one real under 25 pro to pair up with a younger person when needed and appeal in a more authentic way to younger viewers instead of whatever this get up is with Dianne .

And pretending that they're judging equally. "I've said it to one so I have to say it to you too." Ye right!

I think out of everyone Dianne probably was a good personality match for Bobby, it's hard to imagine him with any of the other female pros. Nadiya might have been good height match but not personality wise and he'd be completely infatuated and more inappropriate.
---
maybe they should hire at least one real under 25 pro to pair up with a younger person when needed and appeal in a more authentic way to younger viewers instead of whatever this get up is with Dianne .
Nikita is 25 but I can't imagine Bobby would request him. Michelle is 26 but WHERE THE HECK IS SHE?

Reactions: 7
Said for a while that they need a female version of Nikita. Not so much for contestants like Tyler or Adam Peaty who can dance with older female pros (in comparison to them, not calling anyone old), but certainly to be available for when they cast the Bobby's of this world. And also because younger pro=future of the show.

Could have done that instead of hiring Michelle who they clearly aren't that invested in.

Reactions: 7
Said for a while that they need a female version of Nikita. Not so much for contestants like Tyler or Adam Peaty who can dance with older female pros (in comparison to them, not calling anyone old), but certainly to be available for when they cast the Bobby's of this world. And also because younger pro=future of the show.

Could have done that instead of hiring Michelle who they clearly aren't that invested in.
They had Chloe who was only early 20’s but they basically just ignored her.

Reactions: 5

they really do, there seems to have always been a nikita/aj type in the male pros, but never the equivalent on the female side. there’s definitely a gap for one, and surely a few options out there.

Reactions: 6
Dave has no mole apparently. So we are relying on Juliet. Whatever will we do??

• Haha
I never thought I'd write this but Adam isn't annoying me that much. I don't mind him at all and I even quite like his dancing

He annoys me a bit- He had his hand superglued to Luba’s knee on ITT yesterday- he has a partner and kids and I thought the touching her was Ick🤮 Luba kept her hands folded on her lap and at one point she was kneading her thigh ( self soothing??) I might be totally wrong but I wouldn’t be surprised if she couldn’t stand him… I fon’t think she looked comfortable tbh

Reactions: 1
I was trying to think of other young celebrity males who’d been in strictly and who they had been partnered with. Amy was partnered with Karim who I think was mid 20’s and they did well.
She has a baby face so could have looked good with Bobby if circumstances were different.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.