Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread closed as I was typing 😁 so I have screenshot the post I was replying to.
C11F633D-6E66-4BB6-B729-ABB4511E0129.jpeg

Same here re Layton and Nikita. Nikita can throw the kitchen sink at Layton and their enjoyment is off the charts. I'm loving it!
I think Nikita is one of the top pros. He was fantastic last year with Ellie S.
I love that he can let himself go this year and be as crackers as he wants to be 😁 while pushing Layton to the limit.

Agree re the other partnerships. They are perfect. And any one of them - Krishnan/Lauren or Layton/ Nikita or Nigel/ Katya or Ellie/ Vito - to lift the glitter ball - all good with me.

I think Luba is enjoying partnering Adam, he is working hard, and tbh, there's not an ounce of badness in him, imo.

I'm not a fan of Bobby, and I think Dianne enjoys playing up the kooky little old me persona so I think that's fine in her book.

Reactions: 35
For those who still have to catch up with saturday night on iPlayer a quick screen shot of Shirley and Motsi's actual reaction as Nigel and Katya's well danced corpse bride routine came to end
Screenshot_2023-10-29-00-30-19~2.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
Thread closed as I was typing 😁 so I have screenshot the post I was replying to. View attachment 2538109

Same here re Layton and Nikita. Nikita can throw the kitchen sink at Layton and their enjoyment is off the charts. I'm loving it!
I think Nikita is one of the top pros. He was fantastic last year with Ellie S.
I love that he can let himself go this year and be as crackers as he wants to be 😁 while pushing Layton to the limit.

Agree re the other partnerships. They are perfect. And any one of them - Krishnan/Lauren or Layton/ Nikita or Nigel/ Katya or Ellie/ Vito - to lift the glitter ball - all good with me.
I agree totally about all 4 partnerships too.

I didn’t really watch the last couple of years so Nikita is only recently on my radar but he is amazing. I think he is having the time of his life working with Layton knowing how far he can push him. Dancing with Ellie last year must have been a real challenge with such an extreme height difference. I watched their waltz earlier and he was so gentle with her at the end that I declared he was a literal angel 😇 I think his chemistry with Layton and his utter lack of any self consciousness is super hot.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Just replying here to post from previous thread:
1698562729665.png

Danny's samba didn't come till week 10, so there's still plenty of time. I'd say Nigel's paso, Layton's QS, and maybe Ellie's paso, have already been great moments. There's also a weird thing that with Hamza (and with a lesser extent with Jay) that one spectacular dance then won him the contest and glossed over some good/fine/slightly mediocre performances.

I agree that the show is probably going to push a Bobby victory - compare the critiques of him to Nigel's. But I can also see a Layton spectacular 40 coming up soon.

Reactions: 20
The best dances for me were....

Layton- I alway enjoy his dances
Nigel-was a good dance even though he went a bit wrong
Ellie- another one who always puts everything into her dances and delivers

I think Nikita is enjoying it so much is because with Layton having some dance experience he can throw the kitchen sink at him and he gives it a go.

Reactions: 25
Cannot deny that I may be one of the biggest beaters of the drum for Nigel on here, shall never stop. 🥰

I have watched that cha cha cha 20 or so times, granted I am no dance expert, trying to spot these 'heinous' mistakes took some searching. They did not detract from the performance at all, the choreography was brilliantly entertaining, the best on the night. Katya is a genius, they are really not giving them the credit where it is due.

Nigel is a complete gem, whatever his nerves may bring to his performance he always delivers an accomplished dance. The judges need to check themselves, these mistakes were barely noticeable to viewers, concentrate on content and what was done well.

At the end of Motsi's critique Nigel was quite distraught, gazing up in despair, his eyes visibly tearing up, it was very difficult to watch. Running up the stairs he said to Katya 'another one'. So glad that Katya is his pro, they get on so well, she will bring him round, but it really should not be this tough on them. It is a celeb dance show after all.

Go home Nigel, get that hug and cuddle from your daughter, she will make it all better for you. 🤗

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Lauren really reminded me of (a younger) Sherrie Hewson. That photo looks like it could've been taken on the set of a special, fancy dress edition of Loose Women.
I've been saying the same thing since Lauren joined Strictly. I haven't until now found anyone else who agreed with me!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Zara absolutely had to go, if she didn’t I think it would have been the first elimination travesty of the series. She doesn’t look like she’s improved very much at all. And it just shows that you can have a lot of social media followers but if they’re not staying in to watch and then vote for you then it’s about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Shirley is a horror. I don’t think Nigel would have any issue getting constructive criticism from any of the judges but that wasn’t it. If she wants to pretend to be all tough and critical (she isn’t, because she can’t stand by what she said and can’t stand being booed) then she needs to do it to EVERY CELEB. It fuels the rumours that there is an agenda and a person TPTB want to win.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Just replying here to post from previous thread:
View attachment 2538360

Danny's samba didn't come till week 10, so there's still plenty of time. I'd say Nigel's paso, Layton's QS, and maybe Ellie's paso, have already been great moments. There's also a weird thing that with Hamza (and with a lesser extent with Jay) that one spectacular dance then won him the contest and glossed over some good/fine/slightly mediocre performances.

I agree that the show is probably going to push a Bobby victory - compare the critiques of him to Nigel's. But I can also see a Layton spectacular 40 coming up soon.
In my head, I keep thinking the final is now Ellie, Bobby and Nigel but of course Layton could knock any of them out (hopefully Bobby).

I agree - lots of great dances so far, just none that have had that extra bit of ✨ to go really viral. Maybe Nigel's paso was the nearest 'wow' surprise moment

Reactions: 16
In my head, I keep thinking the final is now Ellie, Bobby and Nigel but of course Layton could knock any of them out (hopefully Bobby).

I agree - lots of great dances so far, just none that have had that extra bit of ✨ to go really viral. Maybe Nigel's paso was the nearest 'wow' surprise moment
For me, Ellie and Layton are the two definite for the final, I think it could be between Bobby and Nigel for the last spot. Right now, I don't think either of them could beat Layton in a dance off.

Reactions: 14
Zara absolutely had to go, if she didn’t I think it would have been the first elimination travesty of the series. She doesn’t look like she’s improved very much at all. And it just shows that you can have a lot of social media followers but if they’re not staying in to watch and then vote for you then it’s about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Shirley is a horror. I don’t think Nigel would have any issue getting constructive criticism from any of the judges but that wasn’t it. If she wants to pretend to be all tough and critical (she isn’t, because she can’t stand by what she said and can’t stand being booed) then she needs to do it to EVERY CELEB. It fuels the rumours that there is an agenda and a person TPTB want to win.
What surprises me is that Shirley isn't all over him, like she was with Will Mellor at first. Until the night of the cape [lowers voice 😁]

If she gave constructive feedback, that would be fine and I absolutely agree, she can't stand over what she says.
Remember her with Emma Barton, when she got a backlash - deservedly - she changed her tune.

There's constructive criticism and there's being a witch, and despite being paid an eye-watering amount of money for what she does, she can't get that much right.

Poor Nigel. Hopefully it pushed more votes his way.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I've been saying the same thing since Lauren joined Strictly. I haven't until now found anyone else who agreed with me!
I hadn't noticed it until last night. I think her pixie cut is a distraction and it's easier to see with the longer hair. She's like Sherrie with a bit of Jo Clif thrown in.

This pic from Sherrie's "Carry On" days really shows the facial likeness well.

Screenshot_20231029-081251_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: 17
We all know Layton is a ringer but he does seem to be struggling with the ballroom unlike past ringers. For me that levels it out a bit. But even if he was brilliant at ballroom, as I wish he was (and Nige) I wouldn't care and just enjoy watching amazing dancing from a great partnership like from #DannywuzrobbedandthebetterGeneKelly.

It's no wonder Derek and Julianne Hough have spoken negatively about their time living with Shirley, she's nasty. She might think she's doing it for people to learn (including the barely booing audience) and get better but she's not saying that to them or putting it constructively along with detailed praise so they actually want to keep learning. Maybe she was extra sour last night at Gio no longer being in the competition.

I can see Ellie winning it. Nigel will probably be booted in the semi final (although I want him there), Layton will probably make the final but is the ringer who isn't going to win, Bobby will probably make the final (unfortunately) unless he is more of a tit on the main show. Ellie's on the right trajectory and has a great partnership and draw
votes from people who don't want a ringer or Bobby to win, as well as her own vote which seems quite high.

Reactions: 25
Lauren really reminded me of (a younger) Sherrie Hewson. That photo looks like it could've been taken on the set of a special, fancy dress edition of Loose Women.
For me, I thought she looked like Hilary Duff!

Cannot deny that I may be one of the biggest beaters of the drum for Nigel on here, shall never stop. 🥰

I have watched that cha cha cha 20 or so times, granted I am no dance expert, trying to spot these 'heinous' mistakes took some searching. They did not detract from the performance at all, the choreography was brilliantly entertaining, the best on the night. Katya is a genius, they are really not giving them the credit where it is due.

Nigel is a complete gem, whatever his nerves may bring to his performance he always delivers an accomplished dance. The judges need to check themselves, these mistakes were barely noticeable to viewers, concentrate on content and what was done well.

At the end of Motsi's critique Nigel was quite distraught, gazing up in despair, his eyes visibly tearing up, it was very difficult to watch. Running up the stairs he said to Katya 'another one'. So glad that Katya is his pro, they get on so well, she will bring him round, but it really should not be this tough on them. It is a celeb dance show after all.

Go home Nigel, get that hug and cuddle from your daughter, she will make it all better for you. 🤗
It was one arm movement where he put it up rather than down but that was it. No one even commented on his moonwalk!

Reactions: 21
I see Lavvy is absolutely fuming at a hit piece that’s been written about Fanny Rat. If I was the journo that wrote it I’d be steering clear of women with blue rinses and orthopaedic sandals for the foreseeable.

• Haha
Reactions: 12

I’d be delighted with an Ellie/Nigel/Layton final - if Amanda’s withdrawal keeps Bobby from securing a place in the final then so much the better.

Ideally we need a late-stage Layton/Bobby dance off with Layton going through - Nigel needs to avoid the DO at all costs as I don’t think he’s guaranteed to beat anyone given his apparent tendency towards mistakes 🫤

Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.