Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have to say I'm getting slightly titsed off now with Nigel being held up as THE mistake maker of the competition as if everyone else now is flawless and he's that one person left who just cannot complete a dance without going wrong .

It's like the moment the judges are asked for an opinion on him it's all
'well Nigel he just keeps on making mistakes and we do all see them he's thinking to much in his own head'

Yeah ok but we've heard that exact same critique now for pretty much five weeks and it's done nothing at all to actually help him improve so maybe take the hint judges 🤷
I just read a similar comment on Digital Spy and nodded my head. It's a bit ridiculous and since he already suffers with nerves on the dance floor, the more they keep that up, the more nervous the poor guy is likely to be.

It's like 'hey let's beat him over the head yet again, about mistakes, that will help.' 🥴
Meanwhile ignoring things like Bobby's posture with his arse stuck out. FFS.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Totally a
I understand that Bobby is not everyone's cup of tea which is fine but I feel like everything he is going to say or do gets picked apart so theres no point in commenting that. I mean Vito drew boobs and a bum on Ellie then tried to disguise it by scribbling over the top and a few years ago Rose drew man boobs on Giovanni in their picture drawing video. Nothing he has done has harmed or upset anyone and to me thats the most important and I think when you look at whats going in the world there is more to be upset/annoyed by.

I've just watched the Stand up 2 Cancer special and it was wonderful to see Amy looking lovely spreading awareness as well as seeing Bobby and his dad on the gogglebox special as well where they reacted to a bunch of different shows as well as two different stories of cancer affecting young people. After having to say goodbye to a close friend last week to this awful disease it hit close to home and I'm sure there will be tears tomorrow watching Annabel's CC for her late husband.

In the future if Bobby dances a CC then I don't give a toss if he wants to dedicate it to his mum or not, he has every right to regardless of who she was or what she said or did in the past; I don't think I would have even bothered to get my first smear if she hadn't passed like she did.

Thoughts to anyone who has said goodbye to a loved one of this awful disease especially one at a young age.

Back off for a while I go.
Totally agree and to point out the obvious Bobby IS only 20 and some kids are very young at that age. Especially if he has never left home and has been somewhat over protected. A lot of his words and actions are totally twisted to fit a narrative.

Don’t warm to Annabel but she had a terrible blow and her CC is going to be very moving.
---
I like Adam
No, you're not on your own. I think so too. I like their energy as a partnership.
Carlos had to be more sedate and protective last year with Molly, I think, as they fought their way through dance offs. I think he and Angela suit each other perfectly.

I find it hard to call who is likely to leave and would much prefer to see Bobby leaving tonight, oh I mean tomorrow night 😁. Not going to happen though. On ITT last night, there was quite a bit of aww bless type stuff about him from Janette and the panel about how wonderful he is. Motsi referred to the height difference with Dianne, but even then it was said obliquely. Nobody mentions (apart from here and Digital Spy) that he sticks his bum out when he dances. Strange.

I thought Adam would irritate me, mostly because I thought the brothers would nearly take over the show. And early on, he did show a slightly worrying Mellor characteristic, apologising to Luba, for letting her down. But after that he settled in, and the last night, he was straight in with a positive attitude about the dance off. I liked that. And I think he has improved and is definitely giving it all he has.

Roll on tonight's show. 🕺💃
I like both Adam/Luba and and Angela/Carlos pairings too! Have to admit don’t really feel much for Krishnan and Lauren! (I know).

Yes all the cooing and favouritism is not doing Bobby any favours. He’s not a bad kid.
---
Love it and agr
I like them together - I agree they’re a pair of kooky oddballs. They need another routine that shows that off.
I agree that Angela is also hiding a bit behind humour - not that everything has to be ‘what a journey I’m having’ but people like to see some growth. Id like to see her do a CC with Irish dancing and just say ‘feck it, here’s what I can really do’. I bet Carlos wouid be great at it too.
Love it and agree with Fillyjonk she needs to show vulnerability to really connect with audiences.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I just read a similar comment on Digital Spy and nodded my head. It's a bit ridiculous and since he already suffers with nerves on the dance floor, the more they keep that up, the more nervous the poor guy is likely to be.

It's like 'hey let's beat him over the head yet again, about mistakes, that will help.' 🥴
Meanwhile ignoring things like Bobby's posture with his arse stuck out. FFS.
I'm going to explain this badly and probably use the wrong analogy but hopefully my point sort of comes across....

To me the show itself or the judges (those types) are massive clout chasers like the grander the contestants 'day job' the more clout they have with the judges when it comes to blowing smoke up their arses.

So for example Krishnan he is a well respected news anchor, an esteemed journalist with a highly respected current affairs job and we have Dame Rippon all hail her even gracing us with her presence ..... now a minor thing like 'going wrong' from these two is but a mere blip, you are simply here and we are not worthy my darlings

However if for example you're a soap actor tripping up or home improvement presenter not breathing enough you better just know that if you 'go wrong' we the judges aint holding back we owe you duck all for being here so its both barrels 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Wracking my brains over what the hell I've done to make my ad algorithm think I want... this? 🤨

1699088712444.png

It's been every ad for the last several pages! It's gymwear, allegedly. 😂 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I don’t think Shirley has anything against Nigel - she was exactly the same last year with Fleur last year and then praised her a lot. I think Shirley is just bad at delivering criticism - she seems to get ratty at any booing (maybe connected to her clear sensitivity to being trolled on SM). She also probably expects a lot from Nigel as he’s good and a trained dancer, and she’s maybe frustrated he can’t get #menerves under control.

I think her criticism of him has helped him with fans online there’s a lot of ‘poor Nigel’ - I’m sure if he delivers tonight she’ll praise him highly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
I don’t think Shirley has anything against Nigel - she was exactly the same last year with Fleur last year and then praised her a lot. I think Shirley is just bad at delivering criticism - she seems to get ratty at any booing (maybe connected to her clear sensitivity to being trolled on SM). She also probably expects a lot from Nigel as he’s good and a trained dancer, and she’s maybe frustrated he can’t get #menerves under control.

I think her criticism of him has helped him - wit fans online there’s a lot of ‘poor Nigel’ - I’m sure if he delivers tonight she’ll praise him highly.
Exactly. I do think Nigel has frustrated the judges because they know how capable he is - and ultimately this will fit a narrative for when he delivers a 'comeback' dance.

Reactions: 7
Exactly. I do think Nigel has frustrated the judges because they know how capable he is - and ultimately this will fit a narrative for when he delivers a 'comeback' dance.
I don't understand though how doing your best can frustrate the judges ?

Krishnan does his best it's a joy

Annabelle does her best, wonderful

Ellie does her best, amazing

Layton does his best, outstanding

Angela R does her best, a revelation

Nigel does his best, it's a narrative, he's frustrating, he's trained, it's to gain fans.

ETA : not aiming this at you woolmer just venting in general lol.

Reactions: 11

Nigel does his best, it's a narrative, he's frustrating, he's trained, it's to gain fans.
I don't know. Maybe they know he can deliver more/better as being one of the more accomplished dancers? Like, they recognise he's maybe not delivering his best 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 5
I'm going to explain this badly and probably use the wrong analogy but hopefully my point sort of comes across....

To me the show itself or the judges (those types) are massive clout chasers like the grander the contestants 'day job' the more clout they have with the judges when it comes to blowing smoke up their arses.

So for example Krishnan he is a well respected news anchor, an esteemed journalist with a highly respected current affairs job and we have Dame Rippon all hail her even gracing us with her presence ..... now a minor thing like 'going wrong' from these two is but a mere blip, you are simply here and we are not worthy my darlings

However if for example you're a soap actor tripping up or home improvement presenter not breathing enough you better just know that if you 'go wrong' we the judges aint holding back we owe you duck all for being here so its both barrels 😂
I agree that's obvious in their treatment of Angela R, Krishnan etc. I'm not entirely sure why they're so keen to suck up to Knobby though. I can't see him being destined for big things. No matter what opportunity he gets, he's eventually going to say/do something dumb as duck and get himself cancelled.

Reactions: 9

I think they just know he has a lot of potential. Also it’s not like he’s been terribly shouted at or given bad marks - Shirley has just been a bit too pointed with him. Maybe also the fact that he’s been in showbiz for 30 years means they know he can take critique? I don’t think there’s a conspiracy against him - Shirl just needs to learn to deliver a compliment sandwich. Nikita and Zara and Les and Eddie all got much worse critiques!

Reactions: 6
He does keep making mistakes though? 🤷🏼‍♂️ And really other than his first dance they’ve all been meh at best.

He’s a trained performer, I really doubt he cares that much. He’s on the show to raise his profile, job done.

I saw a comment that said watching Nigel was like watching Jay in that you never really knew which way it was going to go and every dance was a behind the cushion job … and I can see thst. It’s probably why I‘ve ended up liking Nigel. I’d much rather watch someone on the edge of glory than someone like Amanda was … a competent ‘banker’ … because even when they’re not perfect they’re still better (to me).

(I’ve always maintained that‘s why they didn’t repeat the jive in the final. I think the only time he ever got through without mistake was showday).

Reactions: 13
I think they just know he has a lot of potential. Also it’s not like he’s been terribly shouted at or given bad marks - Shirley has just been a bit too pointed with him. Maybe also the fact that he’s been in showbiz for 30 years means they know he can take critique? I don’t think there’s a conspiracy against him - Shirl just needs to learn to deliver a compliment sandwich. Nikita and Zara and Les and Eddie all got much worse critiques!
I can honestly say 100% i DONT think there is a conspiracy against Nigel whatsoever .

He's been in the buisness 25 + years he's got nothing to prove, has a big fan base, no need raise his profile yes he goes wrong like a lot of them do but i think they could be a bit more constructive/varied now at this stage with there criticism of him because it's getting him nowhere is my main point.

When Krishnan starts getting it in the neck soon for all his mistakes and Angela R gets her bollocking week on week from Shirley I'll be here defending them aswell.

Why are the DS Bobby fans all so passive aggressive and why do they all write in exactly the same way?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I saw a comment that said watching Nigel was like watching Jay in that you never really knew which way it was going to go and every dance was a behind the cushion job … and I can see thst. It’s probably why I‘ve ended up liking Nigel. I’d much rather watch someone on the edge of glory than someone like Amanda was … a competent ‘banker’ … because even when they’re not perfect they’re still better (to me).

(I’ve always maintained that‘s why they didn’t repeat the jive in the final. I think the only time he ever got through without mistake was showday).
I think that's a good comparison with Jay, but also like Jay, I have no sense of jeopardy with Nigel in terms of him being in a DO. Like, if he trips his way through the Tango, cocks up a Cha Cha, fucks a Foxtrot, arses an AT, etc, he's the safest celeb there, IMO.

I think that's a good comparison with Jay, but also like Jay, I have no sense of jeopardy with Nigel in terms of him being in a DO. Like, if he trips his way through the Tango, cocks up a Cha Cha, fucks a Foxtrot, arses an AT, etc, he's the safest celeb there, IMO.
Yeah i agree, on viewer votes alone I'd guess Ellie and Nigel are safe with possibly a Layton v Bobby semi final dance off ??

Reactions: 2
Have to say I'm getting slightly titsed off now with Nigel being held up as THE mistake maker of the competition as if everyone else now is flawless and he's that one person left who just cannot complete a dance without going wrong .

It's like the moment the judges are asked for an opinion on him it's all
'well Nigel he just keeps on making mistakes and we do all see them he's thinking to much in his own head'

Yeah ok but we've heard that exact same critique now for pretty much five weeks and it's done nothing at all to actually help him improve so maybe take the hint judges 🤷
Praying it is a mistake free dance tonight from Nigel.

Motsi concentrated on it again on ITT last night, I am beginning to think it is a conspiracy.

If he just expanded on why he took up meditation, to overcome his nerves and anxiety, I would imagine the judges would lay off somewhat and viewers would gravitate to him even more..... well more than they have already!.

Praying it is a mistake free dance tonight from Nigel.

Motsi concentrated on it again on ITT last night, I am beginning to think it is a conspiracy.

If he just expanded on why he took up meditation, to overcome his nerves and anxiety, I would imagine the judges would lay off somewhat and viewers would gravitate to him even more..... well more than they have already!.
Im guessing Boobie boy's AT will be the Tango of the night if I'm honest .

The judges do know for sure that Nigel
suffers with his nerves but have said

(Shirley and Motsi's quote)
'my advice would be if you would just a get a grip of your nerves and stop letting them control you then you will be fine'

WOW that's it Nige now they've drummed it in you how easy it is to do you can ditch all that meditation !
Just get a grip and stop it....sound advice ladies 🙄

Reactions: 17
I hope Ellie, Nigel and Layton make it to the final. The problem tends to be when people assume someone is safe and don’t vote - could see this happening to Ellie. I want Krishnan to make to Blackpool.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.