Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Crumpet41

VIP Member
this is one of my fave pro dances - mainly because of jojo and his drop kick . Absolute standout performance imo :)

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Geetbo

VIP Member
Oh no. I've been trying to jump in on the conversation here the last couple of weeks but the vibes are so negative on these threads. Strictly is a source of joy and I'm really enjoying this year. All I see is negativity about everything on this thread and it kind of sucks the joy out of it 😫

I don't care if we're not getting jaw dropping dances at this stage, everyone bar two couples were a joy to watch. I honestly think the likes of Kelvin and Danny have spoiled some viewers and they expect WOW moments from the get go so anything that's simply good or pleasant to watch isn't enough... (But only if the media aren't ramming their dance training down our throats).

I don't see how Layton gets the "oh it's unfair" treatment from the same people who still give out that Ore won over Danny. Especially when Nigel, Angela S and Ellie all have previous dance training too, and Nigel has a hefty musical background given his age too.

Anyway. All this to say it's a shame this thread is a bit of a downer 🤣 it feels Almost uncool to say I'm really enjoying the show this year
I’m really enjoying it too - I just like to side eye it.

• Haha

Saywhatnow22

Chatty Member
Her daughter is probably over the moon she won’t have to go to another show 😂 think her fingers were down to nubs by the end of the last one she attended!

• Haha

Geetbo

VIP Member
@secretlondoner I think it's a great thread but I get fed up with snarkiness about the celebs when it's not show/scd related, and it's cos the poster dont like the celeb personally.
I mean I have no problem slating Jayde she was awful on Strictly and she has continued to be awful off Strictly whilst still using the tagline of Strictly.

The show is fabulous and it has hit and miss moments - but that's why we dissect it here, because scd is entertainment, we come back for the good and bad of the show.

Keep posting positive stuff, it's welcomed by me!
Plus at least a third of the posts are about how we want Vito and Nikita to play snooker with our tonsils.

• Haha

Biffy

Eddie's farewell speech was lovely, shame he didn't really fulfill his potential. Zara/Adam should be next, but hopefully not Angela S. I don't know why she hasn't clicked but she's due a big breakout number. Would love to see an Irish dancing CC!

Ellie is my favourite NDB contestant - there's something instinctively graceful about her footwork. And sweaty, puppy-like Vito is ❤🔥🐶❤🔥

No idea what's going on with Karen. Her split from KFG was over 5 years ago, she moved on to new partner(s) well before he did so I don't get why it's still a factor. Sorry to hear about her latest break-up but I wish her well post-Strictly - can't see her coming back after this year though.

Lauren has been a fantastic addition to the female pro line-up. Her partnership with Krishnan is pure joy.

Looking forward to Angela R being given a party Latin, some proper critique and a ticket home after she's ejected from the Blackpool bus.

Bobby continues to give me major ick. I wouldn't miss Amanda if she withdrew but I'd hate for it to mean he got to the final at the expense of Ellie, Nigel or Layton.

Last edited:

Bol85

VIP Member
Robbed. I still watch his dances on YouTube. Danny was a huge ringer but probably my all time fav contestant. His dances with Oti were incredible. I think Laytons on a level with him but sadly, he gets more hate because he’s flamboyant and not afraid to show it. He won’t win so just enjoy watching some professional level dancing 😁

Ellie is a fantastic dancer, I’ve been really surprised by her!

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
So Eddie and Karen v Zara and Graz = no surprise to anyone I suspect.

Gio got a hard time last year - rightly - for the way he treated Richie and I think Karen has behaved pretty badly too. I’m sorry her marriage has broken up, never a pleasant experience. But she is meant to be a professional and maybe throwing herself into decent choreography and teaching would help her take a day at a time.

I was surprised she came back this year and if she comes back again, I hope they bench her and give someone else a go. Her record isn’t great at the best of times but this year has not been her greatest run for a few different reasons.

calmyourritas

VIP Member
I love Vito so much, he just has it all. He’s so precious and sweet yet also super sexy and I can imagine filthy in the bedroom

• Haha
  • Heart

Abc987456x

I’d love Krishnan to do the tour. They’ve mentioned a few times he’s been the happiest he’s ever been so maybe he needs to take a bit of leave from work to carry on the magic 😅

• Heart

diamondthunder

VIP Member
That supermarket monstrosity haunts my dreams 😖

I meant to post the Rolling in the Deep one too - love it!

The pro dances are truly shit nowadays, aren’t they? I wish they would get shot of Gilkinson 😡
---
I just remembered these two favourites of mine:

Ikr, truly horrendous, it's one of the only pro dances I've never rewatched even a single time. How does it have around twice the views of most of the other pro dances that series? Can only be from people trying to work out what the hell they're looking at, surely.

There are some good ones, but at least 50% of them are just some 'high concept' bullshit first with hardly any actual dancing. And half the time the concept doesn't make any sense. At least last week the story was clear, even if I'm not the biggest fan of that style of contemporary, but what the hell was supposed to be happening this week? 😂
---
No but seriously I want Gilkinson to write me a 10k word thesis on his vision for this dance

bandicam 2023-10-23 12-02-57-561.jpg

and if he can't justify it, into the volcano with him :devilish:

Last edited:
  • Haha

diamondthunder

VIP Member
The 'Aljaz going to Sara's for a sleepover after they were eliminated because her kids were inconsolable he wasn't there to tuck them in' thing will always be more insane to me than the Tom and Amy thing. At least medical reasons contributed to Amy's extended stay at the Fletchers, but what the everloving fuck was going on with the whole situation of Sara letting her kids get that attached to him, it's not like they didn't know it was only temporary?! Her niece as well, I remember her posting a story a couple of weeks maybe after the elimination about her 2-3 year old niece 'missing cuddles from Uncle Ali'

Sara and Aljaz, along with Tilly and Nikita were my faves that year, but I'm still o_O over that. Just seems quite irresponsible to have not been more careful to prepare the kids for 'Uncle Ali' to not be able to visit very often after the show finished. (Not to mention slightly bonkers to have gotten that close to begin with, but my introverted ass is trying to accept some people are really just that friendly lol)

• Haha
  • Wow

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
Robbed ! Eddie was loads better than Zara, at least he moved his body. Karen looked happier than she has in weeks now she’s doing her farewell dance. I wonder if she’s relieved.

Harlot O'Scara

VIP Member
- Weird jazzy Ladies Night arrangement as expected

- I thought Nigel was undermarked despite the errors, which I barely even noticed

- Angela S' American Smooth was a total mess, absolutely all over the place; I know it's not a "proper" dance but it isn't just titting about

- Ellie hasn't made much of an impression on me so far but that was fantastic, best dance of the night for me

- Layton was also great but not 39 great, imo, the first section seemed a bit flat and I saw some synchronisation issues that I don't think I imagined; lifts were spectacular though

- Adam was not bad by CC standards, but I don't blame the celebs for the quality of those; the whole concept and choreography of them is almost always shit

- They gave Dianne a beautiful, VW appropriate dress and dressed Bobby in a kids ballet leotard????

- Can't Fight the Moonlight for an American Smooth has to be one of the worst song choices ever

- Eddie out, and whoever did that to Karen in the costume department needs a good shake

Reactions: 21

Bol85

VIP Member
You know, when I watch Strictly, that’s what I’m looking for - joy. Whether it’s a ringer or a newbie, celeb or pro. I want some joy and to be made smile. A lot of that comes from the partnership I think. But you can see how much some of them are having the time of their lives & are upbeat and full of smiles! Krishnan & Layton are polar opposites in terms of dancing experience but they are both throwing themselves into it. Similarly Nigel, Ellie .. and their respective pros also seem to be delighted by them. Then you’ve Karen & Eddie who just seem completely flat & dejected. Johannes & Annabel and Graz & Zara who seem cheerful but almost too polite. There’s no spark, no joy!

• Heart

Pinko

VIP Member
The strictly thread has been OUTSTANDING tonight!! I normally see what James Jordan says on twitter cos I watch the show later amd head on here after that but the comments tonight have been bang on the money and I have been laughing out loud!! Really cheered me up! The show was meh apart from Ellie, Layton and the pure awfulness of Adam which was brought to comedic levels on here. Thank you for a good laugh tonight guys 💜 xx

• Heart