Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yikes! I had a look at the article. Hate Amy's dress. Jowita and Vito ignored! Nikita looks great. And yes, the comments are bonkers: defo a few AT refugees there..

Amy looks like an unmade bed.
Love Gorka and his white socks.
isn’t it completely shocking that a woman can reach the grand old age of 32 and have had 2 long term relationships? Isn’t it time she took herself off to a Nunnery or something, what with being a mother and all.
Nothing like Gio who is just sowing his wild oats <insert hearty chortle here>

Reactions: 7
List here of rumoured names for reference. A few of these will probably be right, and some left-field names too. I've also seen Tom Daley rumoured (yes, please), some royals (no, thanks) and there will be a EastEnders person, presumably.
Looks like a lot of the usual rumours. Mike Tindal has been suggested for the last three/four years and has never materialised.

Scarlet has said on several occasions she doesn’t want to do the show and feels her dancing past gives her an unfair advantage (she’s a former competitive ballroom and Latin dancer. Think she also coached juniors)

Dawn French seems to come up a lot. I feel she’s probably a bit too big of a name. She doesn’t feel irreverent enough.

Anne Marie I feel is probably busy and can’t commit to a full series right now which is why I think she did the Xmas special.

Gino..probably couldn’t and isn’t he a bit ITV based.He’s also a prat.

George. Now while I think it would be lovely to have someone with Down’s syndrome on the show I’m just not sure if any of the pros would be up to the job or have the necessary experience teaching someone with additional needs. I think if he were to do strictly then maybe he should be invited to do a special (CIN/Xmas) first and go from there.

Personally can’t stand Tom Daley and think he’s a bit of a prat. I think he could be competitive in a not very way and difficult if things didn’t go his way.

Helen and Ritchie I think could be genuine contestants. Not so sure about Steph apparently she’s said no previously so perhaps wouldn’t get asked again but I could be wrong. Not sure about Claire either would be another pop band repeat and they never usually work well.

Reactions: 1
Helen did a Christmas Special with Artem … must be cracking on for 10 years ago now, and she wasn’t anything special. I think she’s one of the ones people expect to be better than they are.

edit - it was 2012 :eek:

George Webster was quite heavily rumoured on Digital Spy and some of them basically said 'he's really short so there's Jowita's partner'. I think that would be quite unfair to Jowita to give her someone with special needs on her first go. I'm sure he's a nice lad but if he's on, they really need to pick a pro who is experienced in the format and agrees to partner him beforehand. Don't just spring the assignment onto someone because that could be a disaster.

George Webster was quite heavily rumoured on Digital Spy and some of them basically said 'he's really short so there's Jowita's partner'. I think that would be quite unfair to Jowita to give her someone with special needs on her first go. I'm sure he's a nice lad but if he's on, they really need to pick a pro who is experienced in the format and agrees to partner him beforehand. Don't just spring the assignment onto someone because that could be a disaster.
To be fair, everyone who appears on tele is on the DS rumour list. Tomasz Schafernaker should have done every series for the last 8 years, at least.

Reactions: 2
Yikes! I had a look at the article. Hate Amy's dress. Jowita and Vito ignored! Nikita looks great. And yes, the comments are bonkers: defo a few AT refugees there..

Gorka smiling in the middle of the middle road really made me laugh! 😂

I don't know why we're expecting the lineup to be anything other than a handful of names that make you go "who?" and others that make you say "ah, I'd forgotten about them".

Reactions: 8
I don't know why we're expecting the lineup to be anything other than a handful of names that make you go "who?" and others that make you say "ah, I'd forgotten about them".
The casting slots for series one went:
BBC Breakfast presenter
Eastender
Ex sportsperson
Daytime TV host
Comedian
Long running series actor
Singer
Loose Women presenter

By and large they’ve remained pretty much as is with a few tweaks as the numbers went up,

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I’d like no American Smooth’s until the celeb has done the base dance for their option.
The celebs to do all the 10 dances and if there are too many dances for the weeks, drop the speciality ones.
Give the celebs a good mix rather than the Lisa Riley Special of 3 side by side dances one after the other.
Appropriate music and timing for the dances.
accept that some dances are best left until later in the series
I could have written this post, word for word!

I think it was the case a couple of years ago that, across the entire series, there were only two waltzes. On a ballroom dancing show. It’s ludicrous.

Personally can’t stand Tom Daley and think he’s a bit of a prat. I think he could be competitive in a not very way and difficult if things didn’t go his way.
Phew! I was rather baffled by all the pro-Daley posts as I think he’s an unbearable knob! If he is on this series, at least I’ll not be in the corner on my own 😆

My gut feeling is that ‘The Firm’ wouldn’t want Mike Tindall anywhere near the show, but then again Royal It’s A Knockout happened back in the day. 🤷‍♀️

Plus they’ve had Camilla talking about being a fan, and the alleged palace episode this year, so it seems they are trying to align themselves with the show, presumably in the spirit of appealing more to the public (‘see, we’re just like everyone else. We love reality tv!’).

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I've enjoyed a few couples choice dances, but most of the time it's just nonsense and used to manipulate the scores or try and create a viral 'moment'.

And fair enough, they managed that with Rose last year, most of the time it's embarrassing when they try and pretend some of these dances are worth 10s

Reactions: 6
My gut feeling is that ‘The Firm’ wouldn’t want Mike Tindall anywhere near the show, but then again Royal It’s A Knockout happened back in the day. 🤷‍♀️
It’s because of the ridicule and backlash they received after that It’s A Royal Knockout that they’ve been reluctant to do that type of over the top entertainment since

However that was 35 years ago and a lot has changed in that time. I think they may be ok with Mike doing Strictly

I've enjoyed a few couples choice dances, but most of the time it's just nonsense and used to manipulate the scores or try and create a viral 'moment'.

And fair enough, they managed that with Rose last year, most of the time it's embarrassing when they try and pretend some of these dances are worth 10s
The minute Chris Ramsay had his CC sob story of … when I was a teenager I had a spot, dabbed it with Clearasil and it went and was helped through this traumatic time by PJ and Duncan … they should have seen it couldn’t be topped and called it quits there and then.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
The minute Chris Ramsay had his CC sob story of … when I was a teenager I had a spot, dabbed it with Clearasil and it went and was helped through this traumatic time by PJ and Duncan … they should have seen it couldn’t be topped and called it quits there and then.
Other notable CC moments:

Sara paying tribute to her loving family by whipping Aljaz in a sex dungeon

Dev dancing to Aladdin because...he sometimes used to watch it on dvd with his sister?

And my personal favourite, Graeme Swann having to fib his way through a whole VT about how much he loves musicals before doing a CC routine that looked like it had been meant for Danny John Jules (who had been booted out the week before)

Oh, and the nightmare fuel that was the Simpsons dance

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Other notable CC moments:

Sara paying tribute to her loving family by whipping Aljaz in a sex dungeon

Dev dancing to Aladdin because...he sometimes used to watch it on dvd with his sister?

And my personal favourite, Graeme Swann having to fib his way through a whole VT about how much he loves musicals before doing a CC routine that looked like it had been meant for Danny John Jules (who had been booted out the week before)

Oh, and the nightmare fuel that was the Simpsons dance
Let’s not forget Mr Fletcher‘s tribute to his sister, running around in rags with Amy hanging from his neck and then his slapped arse face as no one appreciated his art man.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
The Simpsons dance was truly, truly, mind-bogglingly terrifying. Can I also mention the muppet dance last year? I know Robert left due to ill health but I wouldn't be surprised if that Kermit costume with the inexplicable bike helmet was a tiny factor too...

Reactions: 9
The Simpsons was truly, truly, mind-bogglingly terrifying. Can I also mention the muppet dance last year? I know Robert left due to ill health but I wouldn't be surprised if that Kermit costume was a tiny factor too...
It was the felt covered cycle helmet, wasn’t it?

I think The Simpson’s was one time when I felt sorry for Diane. It was obviously nothing to do with her and Max looked like he’d had to be lured out to perform with the promise of alcohol and chocolate digestives.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.