Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread 💃🕺

It's nearly that time of year again, the new pros have joined, the pro rehearsals have begun, and the celeb announcements are just around the corner.

At the end of the last thread we were discussing the new pro Vito and his potential beef with another pro, and if he's going to cause drama can he please do it in English so we can all follow it, thankyew 🍿

Reactions: 13
Not long now until we should have some announcements about who the celebrities are so we can all say we have never heard of them 😃

Reactions: 5
List here of rumoured names for reference. A few of these will probably be right, and some left-field names too. I've also seen Tom Daley rumoured (yes, please), some royals (no, thanks) and there will be a EastEnders person, presumably.

Reactions: 2
List here of rumoured names for reference. A few of these will probably be right, and some left-field names too. I've also seen Tom Daley rumoured (yes, please), some royals (no, thanks) and there will be a EastEnders person, presumably.
I would like to see Tom Daley as well as long as the producers promise not to have a knitting theme.

Reactions: 4
Too late: I already picture him on a bench knitting with Gorka before his foxtrot.
I'm now going to be incredibly disappointed if this doesn't happen

This only other things I want for this series:

No royals
No couples choice in week 2 (unlikely)
No stupid showmances (even more unlikely)

No Couple's Choice full stop would be nice 😁
Also no American Smooths in week 1, everyone should do a basic ballroom and a Latin for their first two dances.
No sob stories (definitely not going to happen)
Showmances are :rolleyes: but good gossip fodder, but please no chanting 'kiss kiss kiss' at people 🙈

Reactions: 14
No Couple's Choice full stop would be nice 😁
Also no American Smooths in week 1, everyone should do a basic ballroom and a Latin for their first two dances.
No sob stories (definitely not going to happen)
Showmances are :rolleyes: but good gossip fodder, but please no chanting 'kiss kiss kiss' at people 🙈
I don't think I ever recovered from the secondhand embarrassment of them chanting at Mollie and AJ

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Couples choice should be abolished and actually street/hip hop as well cos they’re always absolute shite (yes, even Rose and Gio’s).

I’d also like the show in general to be pared back a bit. I watched a few of Kai’s dances on DWTS Ireland on YouTube and obviously they have a much smaller budget but there was something really nice about the focus being solely on the dancing.

Reactions: 6
Too late: I already picture him on a bench knitting with Gorka before his foxtrot.
Please don't get my hopes up like this! 😂

I think it would be nice for things to be paired back!
I'd like less sob stories, less cringey VTs, no more hip hop/street options!
I'm torn about couples choice... Some of them have been good..

I'd like more Gorka shirtless please producers if you're reading this

Couples Choice needs to be minced up, jumped up and down on, minced again, set alight with the fires of a thousand fiery suns, the embers danced on, minced again, put in a container and dropped into the Mariana Trench.

other than than that, I’m ambivalent.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I'm so here for a pro beef after the years of Burn The Floor pros.

Cheerio Couple's Choice as well. Have the finalists do all 10 of the ballroom/latin dances.

I’d like no American Smooth’s until the celeb has done the base dance for their option.
The celebs to do all the 10 dances and if there are too many dances for the weeks, drop the speciality ones.
Give the celebs a good mix rather than the Lisa Riley Special of 3 side by side dances one after the other.
Appropriate music and timing for the dances.
accept that some dances are best left until later in the series

Reactions: 6
Couples Choice needs to be minced up, jumped up and down on, minced again, set alight with the fires of a thousand fiery suns, the embers danced on, minced again, put in a container and dropped into the Mariana Trench.

other than than that, I’m ambivalent.
I read that as 'Couples Choice needs to have much more mincing in it'. I mean, would we rule this out with that production team? (Tbh would far rather that than eg Jamie Laing attempting to be 'street')

DS crazies out on the new DM article about Kai and Nadiya. One posted its a showmance and hes lost 2000 fams since April. Called them out on being AJ crazies from DS and got told off by DM and my comment removed after 'a number of complaints' 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Yikes! I had a look at the article. Hate Amy's dress. Jowita and Vito ignored! Nikita looks great. And yes, the comments are bonkers: defo a few AT refugees there..

Nikita looks stunning! Best looking of them all these days. Even better than Gorka for me now because I like Nikita's hair! And just whole build.

Reactions: 2
Oh god please no not Scarlett Moffat.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.