Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Vito has posted a cryptic statement In Italian on his insta after his first day of rehearsals (basically calling out rude people). I am hoping this will develop into a beef with someone - maybe Gio? (only because I thought it was odd he and Graziano are not pals, despite both being Sicilian, so maybe Gio has a funny ego thing about other Italian male dancers..)
🍿

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Vito has posted a cryptic statement In Italian on his insta after his first day of rehearsals (basically calling out rude people). I am hoping this will develop into a beef with someone - maybe Gio? (only because I thought it was odd he and Graziano are not pals, despite both being Sicilian, so maybe Gio has a funny ego thing about other Italian male dancers..)
🍿
Ooooh I’m here for the drama.

Reactions: 5
🍿
Strictly needs some drama like this to liven it up tbh cos the whole thing is becoming stale.

Wonder who it’s about 🤔

Reactions: 1
🍿
Ah, passive aggression... I hope he's not going to be Brendan 2.

Strictly needs some drama like this to liven it up tbh cos the whole thing is becoming stale.

Wonder who it’s about 🤔
I would like a good pro feud, even if invented! Notably, Vito follows the other Italian pros connected to SCD - Graziano, Arduino, Pasquale - and they follow him, but he and Gio don't follow each other...

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I can see Gio feeling a bit threatened by Vito. His eye candy for the ladies crown is in danger with Vito.

Reactions: 3

Wonder who it’s about 🤔
The past few years it’s all been very nice, we’re all one big happy family tale. I do miss there being different personalities instead of just carbon copies of each other. This is how I don’t like seeing Nadiya getting stick for being quiet or boring just because she isn’t jumping up and down shouting and screaming trying to get her air time in like the other girls.

Reactions: 10
The past few years it’s all been very nice, we’re all one big happy family tale. I do miss there being different personalities instead of just carbon copies of each other. This is how I don’t like seeing Nadiya getting stick for being quiet or boring just because she isn’t jumping up and down shouting and screaming trying to get her air time in like the other girls.
Omg this! I hate that if you’re not an extrovert you automatically don’t have a personality.

I like Nadiya and Luba because they’re just themselves and don’t try to force or fake anything.

Reactions: 13
Omg this! I hate that if you’re not an extrovert you automatically don’t have a personality.

I like Nadiya and Luba because they’re just themselves and don’t try to force or fake anything.
Bit that's strictly. Those that shout the loudest, have drama, the showmances, sob stories etc get the attention. Not even the pros can afford to fade into the background. It's about the couple, pro and celeb combo. You can have the most interesting, expressive, dramatic celeb but if their pro doesn't get on board it'll amount to nothing.

I personally found the Yorkshire barmaid skit between Dan and Nadiya the most cringe worthy thing I've ever seen. Dan was loved by middle aged housewives of the UK but I don't think that had anything to do with Nadiya.

On the other hand I think Luba hasn't been given the chance to shine. She's a beautiful dancer and well loved/best friends with a lot of the pros.

Will be interesting to see what happens with the new pros this year.

Vito’s stories are a bit of a mess- signed up to a British show but lots of speaking stories in Italian and then a random one with Lady in Red in the middle of the night 😆

If he has the full Gio narrative of having virtually no English then it will be interesting to see how he gets on if partnered- I always wondered if Georgia got on ok with it as they were shagging (or on their way to shagging)

Bit that's strictly. Those that shout the loudest, have drama, the showmances, sob stories etc get the attention. Not even the pros can afford to fade into the background. It's about the couple, pro and celeb combo. You can have the most interesting, expressive, dramatic celeb but if their pro doesn't get on board it'll amount to nothing.

I personally found the Yorkshire barmaid skit between Dan and Nadiya the most cringe worthy thing I've ever seen. Dan was loved by middle aged housewives of the UK but I don't think that had anything to do with Nadiya.

On the other hand I think Luba hasn't been given the chance to shine. She's a beautiful dancer and well loved/best friends with a lot of the pros.

Will be interesting to see what happens with the new pros this year.
So it’s all about the celeb and pro combo that make a partnership work, unless it’s a popular partnership involving Nadiya in which case it has nothing to do with her 😂

I personally found the AJ and Kai showmance and the lunatic shippers far more cringe.

Vito’s stories are a bit of a mess- signed up to a British show but lots of speaking stories in Italian and then a random one with Lady in Red in the middle of the night 😆

If he has the full Gio narrative of having virtually no English then it will be interesting to see how he gets on if partnered- I always wondered if Georgia got on ok with it as they were shagging (or on their way to shagging)
I looked it up and he claims to be fluent in English. Hmm. I guess the foreign pros all have some basic English from competing internationally. Always wondered how Gio managed being catapulted in like that. I remember the hilarity of him trying to understand Georgia’s Manc accent (‘joomp’?)

I've not really got an opinion on Vito yet (apart from him probably being the least interesting of the newbies) but it must be a bit weird going from being top dog on one show to the bottom rung of the ladder on a new, bigger show - a little bit bruising to the ego maybe

I looked it up and he claims to be fluent in English. Hmm. I guess the foreign pros all have some basic English from competing internationally. Always wondered how Gio managed being catapulted in like that. I remember the hilarity of him trying to understand Georgia’s Manc accent (‘joomp’?)
He speaks a bit about it on Jamie Laing’s podcast and I got that vibe that even though he was used to travel and being away competing it was a crazy situation that sounds pretty tough- very little time to even settle in the country before being straight into working on a massive show.

If Vito is fluent in English then I’d like to politely request he does his passive aggressive Insta stories in English so I can enjoy the drama please!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
As long as he’s not being lined up for the traditional story line - Celeb reaches pro how to speak regional English with the hilarity that ensues. See Abbey/Aljaz, Vincent/Louisa, Pasha/Chelsee. Time for a new storyline.

So it’s all about the celeb and pro combo that make a partnership work, unless it’s a popular partnership involving Nadiya in which case it has nothing to do with her 😂

I personally found the AJ and Kai showmance and the lunatic shippers far more cringe.
I am afraid I loved the Nadiya and Dan partnership, it was lovely to see Nadiya come out of her shell and just be naturally funny.

Reactions: 10
I am afraid I loved the Nadiya and Dan partnership, it was lovely to see Nadiya come out of her shell and just be naturally funny.
I agree, it was so nice to see that side of Nadiya. She seems like such a sweet and genuine lady, and she clearly really got on with Dan.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.