Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think J&J did their AT on the tour? Guessing it’s the tour you are talking about due to Maisie being there. They did Paso and Showdance, both of which were great (at my show in Glasgow anyway).

I saw the couples choice live and it was the most underwhelming dance of the night, she’s not a great dancer
I'm assuming you mean on the tour. It's personal taste but, even if the CC was not to your taste, I'm amazed you found it the worst dance of a night that featured Max George's jive! Rose isn't a 'great' dancer but she's a good dancer compared with many hearing people.

Yes! Brilliant.
They didn't do an AT on the tour.

Reactions: 3
It obviously wasn’t the most complex routine, nor do I think it was meant to be. When I saw it at the tour the whole arena went silent, which was quite something to witness (my husband who I dragged along commented on it really taking his breath away). But that isn’t everyone’s cup of tea.

Maisie and John were both amazing on the tour, with Rhys and Rose following closely behind for me. Rose isn’t Ashley Roberts but she was definitely decent.

Reactions: 5
It obviously wasn’t the most complex routine, nor do I think it was meant to be. When I saw it at the tour the whole arena went silent, which was quite something to witness (my husband who I dragged along commented on it really taking his breath away). But that isn’t everyone’s cup of tea.

Maisie and John were both amazing on the tour, with Rhys and Rose following closely behind for me. Rose isn’t Ashley Roberts but she was definitely decent.
Dare we say it, but Maisie was a better partnership with Kai than AJ - different dynamic but felt more authentic and she's a fantastic dancer.

Dare we say it, but Maisie was a better partnership with Kai than AJ - different dynamic but felt more authentic and she's a fantastic dancer.
<gasps and grasps cardi> :eek:

Sorry, I got in a muddle and though the OP was talking about AJ and Kai’s CC which was done on the show as the same week as John and Johannes’ AT. 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 1
<gasps and grasps cardi> :eek:

Sorry, I got in a muddle and though the OP was talking about AJ and Kai’s CC which was done on the show as the same week as John and Johannes’ AT. 🤦‍♀️
To be fair, it wasn’t massively clear what they’d seen 🤣

He also did a bit of silent dancing in the Paso as well

Basically, Dancing with the Stars got there first.
Yes, that's why I found the reaction to Rose's CC a bit over the top.

My reaction: "Oh, a silent bit, that's nice. Figured they'd do something like that. Lucky thing too, the routine would've fallen pretty flat without it."
Many Rose/Gio fans reactions: "The best choreographed and executed dance in the history of the world. The silent part - unparalleled genius and innovation."
Me: ...ok. :ROFLMAO:

Yes, that's why I found the reaction to Rose's CC a bit over the top.

My reaction: "Oh, a silent bit, that's nice. Figured they'd do something like that. Lucky thing too, the routine would've fallen pretty flat without it."
Many Rose/Gio fans reactions: "The best choreographed and executed dance in the history of the world. The silent part - unparalleled genius and innovation."
Me: ...ok. :ROFLMAO:
That’s the thing, isn’t it? We know that as a franchise Strictly is pretty hot on recycling from costumes, to routines and even judges’ comments (when DWTS was shown here, we used to try and spot which of Len’s bon mots would be getting an outing in the next Strictly. It wasn’t hard). I would have thought it’s pretty obvious that knowing DWTS had had a deaf winner some years before, that those involved with Strictly would have looked to what worked and how that could be utilised. For any pro dancer, I would have said was obvious they would look at another area of the franchise that successfully dealt with the issues they were going to have to work with … it’s just common sense really. No point reinventing the wheel.

Thats not to detract from the impact their dance had here. Its pretty apparently that most Strictly viewers barely know DWTS let alone that their deaf winner predates ours by a number of years (and their first deaf contestant by over a decade).

Reactions: 2
That’s the thing, isn’t it? We know that as a franchise Strictly is pretty hot on recycling from costumes, to routines and even judges’ comments (when DWTS was shown here, we used to try and spot which of Len’s bon mots would be getting an outing in the next Strictly. It wasn’t hard). I would have thought it’s pretty obvious that knowing DWTS had had a deaf winner some years before, that those involved with Strictly would have looked to what worked and how that could be utilised. For any pro dancer, I would have said was obvious they would look at another area of the franchise that successfully dealt with the issues they were going to have to work with … it’s just common sense really. No point reinventing the wheel.

Thats not to detract from the impact their dance had here. Its pretty apparently that most Strictly viewers barely know DWTS let alone that their deaf winner predates ours by a number of years (and their first deaf contestant by over a decade).
Yeah, I remember someone on DS mentioning the possibility that the silent bit was a producer's idea, because it had been done before on DWTS, and they immediately got told off by Rio stans that there was no comparing it to Nyle's dance because Rose's was so much better. :rolleyes:

One of the weirdest opinions I've seen was someone who went on about disliking one of the pros from the Australian one, because he 'ripped off' Jana and Gleb's Argentine Tango. Same song, exactly the same props and similar costumes too. It was almost identical, so it was obviously the producer's decision to redo that theme. But this poster seemed convinced that Gustavo just decided all on his own to steal it, perform it with Sharna and Tristan as judges, and hope no one would notice. 😂

Yeah, I remember someone on DS mentioning the possibility that the silent bit was a producer's idea, because it had been done before on DWTS, and they immediately got told off by Rio stans that there was no comparing it to Nyle's dance because Rose's was so much better. :rolleyes:

One of the weirdest opinions I've seen was someone who went on about disliking one of the pros from the Australian one, because he 'ripped off' Jana and Gleb's Argentine Tango. Same song, exactly the same props and similar costumes too. It was almost identical, so it was obviously the producer's decision to redo that theme. But this poster seemed convinced that Gustavo just decided all on his own to steal it, perform it with Sharna and Tristan as judges, and hope no one would notice. 😂
In my opinion Nyle was actually a better dancer than Rose 🤷🏻‍♀️ It’s funny because Rose’s character in eastenders actually mentioned Nyle being the first deaf winner years before she appeared on strictly. Nyle’s freestyle didn’t have the silent moment but instead had the covering of ears and various other things that I thought were a lot more moving. I still loved Rose’s dance and her overall but Nyle was great. This is the dance for anyone who hasn’t seen, crazy that Peta was pregnant in this too.

Yeah I like that better than the Rose/Gio one (blasphemy!). The poster here who said that his AT act like Gio invented silence is spot on 😂

In my opinion Nyle was actually a better dancer than Rose 🤷🏻‍♀️ It’s funny because Rose’s character in eastenders actually mentioned Nyle being the first deaf winner years before she appeared on strictly. Nyle’s freestyle didn’t have the silent moment but instead had the covering of ears and various other things that I thought were a lot more moving. I still loved Rose’s dance and her overall but Nyle was great. This is the dance for anyone who hasn’t seen, crazy that Peta was pregnant in this too.

This is stunning. I did like Rose and Gio's dance but I don't think it had anywhere near the emotional depth this does.

That's not to take away from the impact their dance had and the awareness it raised, but Rose & Gio's dance didn't move me like this did.

This is gorgeous. ❤

It’s been a minute since I’ve been over here - any new tea? Not about Odudu, unless she’s finally intercepted the DS appreciation thread and told them all to touch some grass, in which case I want to hear about it 😁

• Haha
It’s been a minute since I’ve been over here - any new tea? Not about Odudu, unless she’s finally intercepted the DS appreciation thread and told them all to touch some grass, in which case I want to hear about it 😁
I don't think anything has really happened - lots of people wondering where Cameron is. I reckon Tom Fletcher's holding him hostage until production sign him as a new pro.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I don't think anything has really happened - lots of people wondering where Cameron is. I reckon Tom Fletcher's holding him hostage until production sign him as a new pro.

Seems the likeliest explanation. Good sleuthing 🕵🏼‍♀️

• Haha
We moved from discussing the AJ&Kai thread to the Rose&Gio thread after Lady Lav went mad(der) and accused Arduino of being ableist by taking credit for choreographing their Couple's Choice, even though he did choreograph it. But she was told not to get her knickers in a twist by the main forum, so that was nice 😊

Changing the subject, who do we think is going to get the 'always the bridesmaid' storyline now? It was Kevin, then Giovanni, but which pro will it be now? Gorka maybe?

Reactions: 4
We moved from discussing the AJ&Kai thread to the Rose&Gio thread after Lady Lav went mad(der) and accused Arduino of being ableist by taking credit for choreographing their Couple's Choice, even though he did choreograph it. But she was told not to get her knickers in a twist by the main forum, so that was nice 😊

Changing the subject, who do we think is going to get the 'always the bridesmaid' storyline now? It was Kevin, then Giovanni, but which pro will it be now? Gorka maybe?
Gorgeous and talented as he is, I don't think Gorka's track record is good enough for that storyline - it's usually somebody who does well but just misses the glitterball, isn't it?

Gorgeous and talented as he is, I don't think Gorka's track record is good enough for that storyline - it's usually somebody who does well but just misses the glitterball, isn't it?
Two time finalist though... I remember they did try a 'third time lucky' angle on the launch show when Claudia was interviewing them, but that was never going to happen with Katie 😬

They might be setting up Karen for a contender - I predict lots of 10 year, longest serving pro etc mentions, and she's been a finalist twice as well

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.