Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah, I think it was reported that the boys had died on Monday and the results show would have been finished by then so no time for them to record a message about it.

Praying that the fourth little boy pulls through.
Oh god me too ...I'm reading the news in disbelief tbh. One of the boys was trying to save his friend, that had me sobbing.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
People loved Fleur and Vito's Samba! Some people thought that she should have got 40 for it.
Anyway, Fleur and Vito have no chance of winnong so they might as well do what they like.
Fleur's samba was one of the wow moments of the series - I think most people were expecting it to be a mess so it was a real surprise when she was brilliant. It was the best samba of the series, easily. And at least the red and costumes looking like Christmas Elves will be apt now!

I'm also glad we get to see her samba again as without that and Hamza's salsa, there wouldn't really be any fun dances.

I think both her and Vito are under no illusion they have a chance of winning so they'll just go out there and have fun.

Reactions: 16
I'm concerned a tango-rumba might not be a crowd pleaser 😬
Mostly for the rumba element which no-one really likes and was only executed well (imo) by the old pros and some of their partners.

Are they re-dancing their samba as judges' choice? That's a bit concerning too as I don't think it made a huge impression on the public first time round.

I'm sure one of the other couples mentioned a slightly dubious dance/music choice/repeat dance for their showdance but I can't remember what it was. I thought it might cost them the final.
What?! I thought their samba was a hit! Most comments I saw thought the samba deserved the 40 more than their CC!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Fleur's samba was one of the wow moments of the series - I think most people were expecting it to be a mess so it was a real surprise when she was brilliant. It was the best samba of the series, easily. And at least the red and costumes looking like Christmas Elves will be apt now!

I'm also glad we get to see her samba again as without that and Hamza's salsa, there wouldn't really be any fun dances.

I think both her and Vito are under no illusion they have a chance of winning so they'll just go out there and have fun.
Oh yes, that was literally hot, hot, hot - I loved it! And as you say the costumes are more appropriate now.

They are really having great fun, I would love if they beat all expectations and won but I don't think that will happen.
I think they are the couple that have entertained me the most, overall. Their interviews are always fun. Vito has been a brilliant addition to the pro team.
They both looked quite resigned to being in the dance off on Sunday and have taken a great approach to that every time.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Was a bit odd that Tess didn't say something and also send love to those poor families who have lost their children. Absolutely tragic
They quietly and respectfully pulled the pro dance due to the ‘ice’ theme, which was entirely correct. But it’s neither necessary nor respectful for a light entertainment programme to make a specific comment on a tragic event unless there is any direct connection between the two.

Tragedies occur every week. Should Tess be expected to comment on every dreadful news story that happens in proximity to the show? How, and who, would decide which events are deemed worthy of acknowledgment and which aren’t?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
They quietly and respectfully pulled the pro dance due to the ‘ice’ theme, which was entirely correct. But it’s neither necessary nor respectful for a light entertainment programme to make a specific comment on a tragic event unless there is any direct connection between the two.

Tragedies occur every week. Should Tess be expected to comment on every dreadful news story that happens in proximity to the show? How, and who, would decide which events are deemed worthy of acknowledgment and which aren’t?
It's really not that deep tbh. It was more the fact we were expecting Craig to dance with the pros because Tess has plugged it on the live show and there was no mention of why it never happened ! Not quite sure why you think I'm expecting Tess to comment on current affairs but in this instance some sort of explanation might have been the thing to do rather than have people wondering...

Reactions: 1
It's really not that deep tbh. It was more the fact we were expecting Craig to dance with the pros because Tess has plugged it on the live show and there was no mention of why it never happened ! Not quite sure why you think I'm expecting Tess to comment on current affairs but in this instance some sort of explanation might have been the thing to do rather than have people wondering...
I doubt that a significant portion of the viewing public even remembered that there was mention of a dance with Craig and the pros. Many of the posters on the Strictly results discussion on here on Monday didn’t know/remember Tess had said it, and those are people who are interested enough to actively discuss the show on line.

Deliberately drawing attention to it would have been distasteful.

Reactions: 4
I see Jayde has gone off on another bizarre rant on twitter. Apparently, saying Helen has built up confidence over series is a 'false narrative' because Helen has done lots of things in the past that require confidence. Even though Helen herself has said the show has built up her confidence? Bring good at one thing doesn't necessarily mean you are confident doing ALL the things

I don't even get what point she's trying to make and I don't think she does either. Just trying to inject herself in the narrative

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I see Jayde has gone off on another bizarre rant on twitter. Apparently, saying Helen has built up confidence over series is a 'false narrative' because Helen has done lots of things in the past that require confidence. Even though Helen herself has said the show has built up her confidence? Bring good at one thing doesn't necessarily mean you are confident doing ALL the things

I don't even get what point she's trying to make and I don't think she does either. Just trying to inject herself in the narrative
Previous confidence or not I think anyone finding out their husband had allegedly been having an affair whilst you were pregnant with your third child and then splitting when said child was a couple of months old might find their confidence knocked.
I don't get what point Jayde is trying to make except a clumsy one.
Jayde had far too much 'confidence' for my liking and I think for most others. It came across more as arrogance.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

I suspect there’s going to be a very weird and uncomfortable atmosphere around Jayde on Saturday night (if she’s there - I do think there’s a chance she’ll give it a swerve).

Poor Karen 😬😬😬

Reactions: 20
Also being confident a kayaking and tightrope walking isn’t the same as being confident doing a sexy dance in a skimpy outfit when you’re a mum of 3 and your husband just left you 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Previous confidence or not I think anyone finding out their husband had allegedly been having an affair whilst you were pregnant with your third child and then splitting when said child was a couple of months old might find their confidence knocked.
I don't get what point Jayde is trying to make except a clumsy one.
Jayde had far too much 'confidence' for my liking and I think for most others. It came across more as arrogance.
When they show all of the participants at the beginning of the show (and ITT) I realise I had a bit of fondness for all the ones who are gone, then Jayde appears and my face goes like this ☹.

I just did not like her at all. I thought she made no effort and the constant shouty refrain about being such a great fan of Strictly seemed so false from the beginning. She came across as an absolute dose, imo, and became even worse after she left with the supposed note from neighbours about how she should have won. Give it a rest.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Also being confident a kayaking and tightrope walking isn’t the same as being confident doing a sexy dance in a skimpy outfit when you’re a mum of 3 and your husband just left you 🙄
Even without personal stuff that happened to her, I think it's ok to say she was a bit scared of dancing in front of millions to start with. As are 99% of Strictly contestants - literally the whole point of the show is to see people get more confident

• Heart

Yeah I don't get it. It sounds like a dig, but then she's saying why are strong women portrayed as "getting their confidence" when they have been amazing before strictly but men(Hamza) arr portrayed as 'stoic'.
Confusing message

Reactions: 8
Yeah I don't get it. It sounds like a dig, but then she's saying why are strong women portrayed as "getting their confidence" when they have been amazing before strictly but men(Hamza) arr portrayed as 'stoic'.
Confusing message
She's got a bee in her bonnet about Hamza, hasn't she?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
She's got a bee in her bonnet about Hamza, hasn't she?
Yes how dare the other large celeb dance so well and not go on about his weight and be so modest and likeable.

IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ME!!! (
with Victoria Wood's blessing)

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.