Strictly come Dancing 2022 #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
no clue. i have seen people say it’s sometimes a rights issue (and this is why they also reuse some songs) but i don’t know. i suppose they also try and stick to the popular ones people will know. if they went outside of the usual crowd pleasers they would find some real gems.
Moulin Rouge is very popular but I don't recall something like 'Come What May' ever being used.

I think it's just lack of imagination.

Reactions: 4
Moulin Rouge is very popular but I don't recall something like 'Come What May' ever being used.

I think it's just lack of imagination.
come what may would make a really lovely american smooth imo. i can picture the lifts on the swoops of the music 🤣

completely agree and think i’m giving too much credit! it very much is a lack of imagination, as with a lot of their theme weeks. everyone here came up with hundreds of better and more interesting ideas for the (ridiculous) bbc week!

Reactions: 3
come what may would make a really lovely american smooth imo. i can picture the lifts on the swoops of the music 🤣

completely agree and think i’m giving too much credit! it very much is a lack of imagination, as with a lot of their theme weeks. everyone here came up with hundreds of better and more interesting ideas for the (ridiculous) bbc week!
El Tango De Roxanne ... an obvious one.

I reckon Strictly need to read more forums for ideas. I really don't want to see another Chim Chim Cher-ee.

Just watched the whisper game video! 😂
Vito is the gift that keeps on giving! 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Anyone know why there's no camera blocking footage this week? Hope it doesn't suggest someone else has tested positive this morning... 😬 though the camera blocking's done on a Friday, isn't it?

Reactions: 1

Anyone know why there's no camera blocking footage this week? Hope it doesn't suggest someone else has tested positive this morning... 😬 though the camera blocking's done on a Friday, isn't it?
Yeah it normally is. Did they show any footage from it on ITT last night?

Actually, now that I think of it, nobody seemed to post much from the studio yesterday, that I could tell anyway.

There was camera blocking footage on ITT last night, but I think they mean the montage with the music hasn't been made this week.

Would love Will to get the boot today. Even though Ellie is probably the weakest dancer left I’d rather her stay another week than him. At least she has a personality that isn’t centred around “woe be me”
God I would love it but can't see it at all sadly.

I can't see Fleur avoiding the DO tonight as rumba is unlike to be a leaderboard-topper so she has to hope it's Ellie she's up against there, rather than one of the others. There's a view that Molly will (a) crush the tango and (b) be protected by the judges with high scores to avoid another traumatic DO for her.

There's a view that Molly will (a) crush the tango and (b) be protected by the judges with high scores to avoid another traumatic DO for her.
I am REALLY hoping she crushes the tango and gets a deservedly high score, because that poor girls' face last week when she hit her third dance-off was not easy to watch.

Okay, she's a wee bit bland on the show itself. But she's been given some very peculiar and offputting musical choices and themeing, plus the decision to actively promote her as a Sylvia Young graduate in the VTs has not exactly been the sort of thing that endears a very young and relatively unknown contestant like her to the general viewing public.

I just feel bad for the lass at this point; Strictly is so stage-managed by the producers that one feels they are doing her a disservice by not trying to find some more relatable stuff to do in the VTs, or some better music/themes for her dances (they should be ashamed of themselves for that bloody Grange Hill thing in particular)

Reactions: 11
Just catching Mark Owen on ITT. I don't know how I'm feeling. I think I need a stiff drink.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I am REALLY hoping she crushes the tango and gets a deservedly high score, because that poor girls' face last week when she hit her third dance-off was not easy to watch.

Okay, she's a wee bit bland on the show itself. But she's been given some very peculiar and offputting musical choices and themeing, plus the decision to actively promote her as a Sylvia Young graduate in the VTs has not exactly been the sort of thing that endears a very young and relatively unknown contestant like her to the general viewing public.

I just feel bad for the lass at this point; Strictly is so stage-managed by the producers that one feels they are doing her a disservice by not trying to find some more relatable stuff to do in the VTs, or some better music/themes for her dances (they should be ashamed of themselves for that bloody Grange Hill thing in particular)
No I agree they haven't bothered to give her any kind of decent narrative, and she is probably too young and media-trained to provide one for herself. I think the tango will be good for her - but selfishly I'd rather her go than Fleur (but rather Ellie or Will over either!). Her five seconds of footage on ITT looked good and she has a decent song for it so at least this time there's no producer-driven bollocks.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.