Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #24

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had to laugh at Diane saying it was harder with just an instrumental piece because normally they work with the words to the song and this time they had to work with the music … errrr … isn't that called, I don’t know, dancing?
How many more excuses is she going to make?! Bored of her now.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
A friend of mine who is ‘interested’ in Hamza (she lives in Ardnamurchan where his parents live, but moved in when grown up so doesn’t know them, or Hamza) claims he’s married and a wedding ring can very obviously be seen on his showreel, online. Maybe he’s just what he seems, a humble, private guy.
Your source doesn't seem to be that accurate. The show real is years old and if he has been married by his own words he is now single.
He moved to Ardnamurchan as an adult after uni when a friend took him for a visit and lived in his car for a year.
His parents are surgeons there isn't much call for them up there and during the winter months traveling long distances which they would need to do if they worked in Inverness or Aberdeen is unreliable due to the roads and weather conditions.
Whilst I don't know Ardnamurchan that well I know that region very well it's sparsely populated mostly with the odd family, farmers/outdoorsy types and plenty of OAPs.

Reactions: 11
Just thinking re the gap left by the dance off not taking place, I wonder if the producers were half prepared for it and maybe added in a pro dance or something. Tony did say on ITT that he was wrecked. He has had a good run, and gave it all he had, imo. I will miss him and Katya, they brought the entertainment week in, week out.
Agree! Will actually watch results show for a change

Reactions: 1
Had to laugh at Diane saying it was harder with just an instrumental piece because normally they work with the words to the song and this time they had to work with the music … errrr … isn't that called, I don’t know, dancing?
But she was asked about dancing to instrumentals by Claudia?? She didnt bring it up herself only answering the question put to her. What was she supposed to say? ''Nah it's a piece of cake teach someone to dance to instrumentals than a song with words where you can use the words as dance cues''.

Reactions: 4
I find myself liking Helen far more than I thought I would.
In a sea of weekly woobie faced misery memoirs she is reassuringly stoic and down to earth.

(am I the only one who remembers Kym posing on the front page of either Hello or OK, possibly in a wedding dress with an urn of ashes a good few years ago now?)
When she married Jamie they did have their baby boys ashes with them. Understandable tbh. Can't imagine what they went through.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
I love someone on DS claiming to have travelled in Africa yet never seen an outfit like Hamzas. He clearly didn't travel much through the continent...

• Haha
Reactions: 14
It’s the posing with them on the front of a magazine I have the questions about.
It's impossible to explain what losing a baby is like and how you might do things that are weird to other people but in the midst of grief bring comfort to you. I haven't seen the cover but to them he's their Son others might find it uncomfortable to see but to them that's all they have of him.

Reactions: 11
It's impossible to explain what losing a baby is like and how you might do things that are weird to other people but in the midst of grief bring comfort to you. I haven't seen the cover but to them he's their Son others might find it uncomfortable to see but to them that's all they have of him.
I didn’t find it uncomfortable, I found it tacky but like you say each to their own.

Reactions: 6
Just caught up on last nights show, the second half was one of the strongest run of dances i’ve seen in a while!

Ellie & Johannes were brilliant, lacked a bit of energy but her personality really shone.

Tyler & Dianne I wasn’t that impressed with, mainly due to Dianne’s awful choreo. Really wish Tyler had a different pro, so much wasted potential.

Kym & Graziano messed up at times but I still thought the dance was absolutely stunning and it must have been a difficult one for her personally.

Helen & Gorka I thought were ok, she was a bit stiff but Gorka more than made up for that 😂

Tony & Katya I enjoyed and if he goes out this week he can leave with his head held high on a dance he enjoyed and made no mistakes in.

Molly & Carlos were absolutely STUNNING. I wasn’t expecting it to be anywhere near that good and it was lot more mature than I was expecting, loved it.

Fleur & Vito just WOW. I was worried for both Molly & Fleur this week but it seems there was no reason to be. Thought Vito might have out danced her but she kept up really well and I loved every second.

Will & Nancy I thought were stunning and regardless of what people think of “sob stories” it’s horrific for him and the millions of others (myself included) having to watch that rat on itv every night.

Hamza & Jowita are pure joy. Thought the scoring was pretty spot on as it didn’t deserve 40 but it was just brilliant and really nice to see something different in couples choice rather than the usual contemporary/street dance.

Reactions: 5
It’s the posing with them on the front of a magazine I have the questions about.
Am I remembering wrongly? I thought Kym had a late miscarriage, before 23 weeks. Last night she said her baby died shortly after birth. Whatever the circumstances I wouldn’t be selling photos of me with his ashes urn for a tacky celebrity magazine.

Reactions: 3
I find myself liking Helen far more than I thought I would.
In a sea of weekly woobie faced misery memoirs she is reassuringly stoic and down to earth.

(am I the only one who remembers Kym posing on the front page of either Hello or OK, possibly in a wedding dress with an urn of ashes a good few years ago now?)
Yes, when she married Jamie Lomas I recall there was a table at the wedding just for the ashes and lots of OK mag pics of her posing with them

• Sick
Am I remembering wrongly? I thought Kym had a late miscarriage, before 23 weeks. Last night she said her baby died shortly after birth. Whatever the circumstances I wouldn’t be selling photos of me with his ashes urn for a tacky celebrity magazine.
i thought i’d remembered wrongly too so had to google - he was born 19 weeks early and died shortly after birth.

a warning for anyone else who may want to gain more info: there is an absolutely brutal photo which comes up all over a google search. just for anyone who wants to avoid it.

edit: confirmed to be from corrie, still just in case people would prefer not to see it.

Last edited:
  • Sad
I think he was very premature but born alive.

i thought i’d remembered wrongly too so had to google - he was born 19 weeks early and died shortly after birth.

a warning for anyone else who may want to gain more info: there is an absolutely brutal photo of kym, jamie and baby archie which comes up all over a google search. just for anyone who wants to avoid it.
I think those pictures might be from Corrie when her character lost a baby

I'm surprised about how much I'm liking Kym!!! I would say she's really improved over the weeks and I wouldn't be unhappy if she made the final.

I think Hamaza is a certainty for the final, and I think the win, but honestly any of the rest of them, except for Tony and Ellie, could make it to the end.

I think he was very premature but born alive.

I think those pictures might be from Corrie when her character lost a baby
thank goodness - i only looked very quickly so didn’t register but wanted to warn just in case.

(my heart goes out to her if she had to act that out after it had happened to her in real life, oh my gosh)

Vito's shirt was just too bland and ended up too sweaty on camera (sweaty's ok in certain circumstances!)- what on earth was it made of - looked like shiny plastic satin? why wasn't he wearing a shirt with a latin flowery/leafy vibe (like others wear) for samba - would have provided a better contrast.
He was in the dress rehearsal, you can see it in the thumbnail on the youtube video. I wonder why they changed it at the last minute? I don't really think it was an improvement.

This result makes Katya the first ever pro to have a celeb withdraw twice. :(

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.