Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
to be fair to nikita, i think he likely picked the wrong phrasing. he said she taught him “so much about compassion” which i guess can mean watching how she interacts with the world and how the world interacts with her in general from the time they spent together. other pros have said similar in terms of being taught patience etc by a celeb so i’ll allow it, even if it was awkwardly phrased.

fully agree that tess sometimes was (unintentionally) patronising but i thought claudia and the judges were completely fair. i haven’t seen much online commentary about her though.
Yeah perhaps it's unfair to criticise Nikita's wording since there's a language barrier. I don't have any specific examples but I just find the way people talk about Ellie patronising and it was the same with Rose last year, people were saying that she helped Giovanni become more caring/empathetic and that he was 'protective' of her- she's a grown woman, she doesn't need protecting just because she's got a disability

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Well that results show was a whole array of emotions

Giddiness at Gorka's Despacito arse. Bring on next week! 😍 😍😍

Amazement at only just realising Kai and Luke Evans are the same person 🤯

Tears at for Nikita and Ellie 😢
(and Molly too - just after Will was called safe, she gave a little look to Carlos where she clearly realised is was probably them and I really felt for her)

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Look I'm loving the gorgeous Gorka pics but can we have some of Gio and Aljaz as well please?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I just rewatched that: omg. The insanity. The lifts, Aston grabbing her by the neck, the migraine-inducing outfits, the band and singer murdering every single note! (Aston was a great dancer but I could not ever be doing with his facial hair!)

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Well that results show was a whole array of emotions

Giddiness at Gorka's Despacito arse. Bring on next week! 😍 😍😍

Amazement at only just realising Kai and Luke Evans are the same person 🤯

Tears at for Nikita and Ellie 😢
(and Molly too - just after Will was called safe, she gave a little look to Carlos where she clearly realised is was probably them and I really felt for her)
BIB - From a distance, yes 😁 but only from a distance.
I loved Kai and Nadiya's dance and thought it was bad form that he didn't applaud them.

Yes, it was quite emotional even for a stony yoke like me 😁 Ellie was very sincere about having the time of her life on the show. And while I would say a lot of the 'friends for life' stuff possibly falls by the wayside, I thought she and Nikita genuinely did get on well together.

Reactions: 6
I just rewatched that: omg. The insanity. The lifts, Aston grabbing her by the neck, the migraine-inducing outfits, the band and singer murdering every single note! (Aston was a great dancer but I could not ever be doing with his facial hair!)

i will always be mad about that final lift, he was doing so well until then but watching it now he looks like he fully nearly drops janette on her head when he first lifts her 🤣

Reactions: 3
i will always be mad about that final lift, he was doing so well until then but watching it now he looks like he fully nearly drops janette on her head when he first lifts her 🤣
The last one was like lugging a bag of spuds off a lorry (no offence to tiny Janette!). Maybe he was knackered?

On a related note, I will always hold it against Darcey that she didn't give a 10 to one of my all-time faves, Danny Mac's AS for the last lift (ok, it was a tiny bit clumsy, but still..)

Reactions: 8
What I really hate on Facebook is how many people refer to Ellie S as "little Ellie" or "wee Ellie". How horribly patronising.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
I really don’t understand why the same songs are used in series after series. Aren’t there enough songs in the world the means they’re not constantly repeated?? 😡

Reactions: 11
I really don’t understand why the same songs are used in series after series. Aren’t there enough songs in the world the means they’re not constantly repeated?? 😡
Do they have to buy rights to use them? Might explain some of the recycling.

Reactions: 2
I’ve always seen the charleston as an easy ride as it’s more of an aerobics routine than a dance

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.