Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, I think the public appetite for a Nice Young Man who doesn't come across as trained + Katya's choreo + lack of big-hitting opponents pushed Joe over the line.

I see Nikita and Nadiya have posted about Ukraine. Must be awful for them.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Yes, I think the public appetite for a Nice Young Man who doesn't come across as trained + Katya's choreo + lack of big-hitting opponents pushed Joe over the line.

I see Nikita and Nadiya have posted about Ukraine. Must be awful for them.
It's an absolutely horrible situation - they must be so worried for their country and any family there.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I wonder how Luba is feeling about this all? :censored:

Saw her picture on a news website this morning; a piece about Russian things/people in the UK.

Reactions: 1
Luba and Katya both grew up in St. Petersburg and are childhood friends. Nadiya and Nikita obviously have very strong family ties to Ukraine despite leaving quite a long time ago. Katya and Luba haven't said anything (not that they should, and what could they say?). Just a horrible, distressing mess all round.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
based on the series as a whole, danny absolutely deserved to win. i was no ore fan but can admit that he had a wonderful final, with one of my favourite show dances ever.

danny, imo, fell foul of the old “but they’ve been to stage school” brigade, rather like karim did later on. actors/musician contestants in their 20s who are strong throughout never seem to do well - the voting public either love a journey or some kind of vulnerability they can focus on. danny was just excellent throughout and was a fairly cool personality, the type that sadly never wins 🤷🏼‍♀️
Personally, I found Danny's personality bland in the extreme. He was perfectly nice but never said anything remotely interesting. Added to the fact he was virtually a professional dancer to begin so no progress - in fact, his standard dipped in the final - and I don't think it's that surprising he lost.

Reactions: 5
Personally, I found Danny's personality bland in the extreme. He was perfectly nice but never said anything remotely interesting. Added to the fact he was virtually a professional dancer to begin so no progress - in fact, his standard dipped in the final - and I don't think it's that surprising he lost.
oh that’s what i meant about him being “cool” - he was just nice and polite, and in being so didn’t give people anything to latch onto.

i’ve never heard of him being almost professional level though! i thought he was just one of the “went to stage school so people think he did ballroom every day” brigade. i’ll have to research!

Reactions: 2
Idea for next thread :
The showmances are now over but who will be ... involved in the ones in strictly 22/23?? 🤔🤔

You see, that's the next three thread titles sorted thanks to AJ and Curtis.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Yes I believe she is half Russian and grew up there.

I wonder how she will be feeling/respond to?
None of the Russian pros have posted/reposted anything yet, and I doubt they will. I don't blame them; if they have any relatives still living in Russia, they're probably afraid lunatic Putin will make them disappear. :(

Reactions: 5
Maks Chmerkovsky's instagram post is really upsetting. :cry: I hope he'll be alright.
I just looked at his stories. Very upsetting but also very informative about what it feels to be there. It sounds like he may actually join the fighting too. Prayers for all in Ukraine

Reactions: 4
Nikita has posted. He grew up near Kiev and says his gran is still there.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Nikita has posted. He grew up near Kiev and says his gran is still there.
My heart absolutely breaks for him - and for everyone going through this hell. He must feel so helpless being over here, with all his family stuck. I can’t fathom it 😔

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.