Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember the difference at the time between AJ's official Strictly leaving post and Kevin's 😆

I guess that's what happens when you quit after they'd already announced you in the line up? And you then give an exclusive to the Sun about how Strictly was stopping you from becoming a huge star

Anyway, I wonder how Trish is doing...

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Regardless of the chat surrounding whether or not Oti was better than other pros, at least they gave her a half-decent farewell on social media compared to others:

I reckon that’s rather telling of how things were left between AJ and the show… they’d already confirmed him as a pro for the upcoming series therefore probably would’ve signed his contract, so would love to know how he managed to work himself out of that.

Reactions: 7
I remember the difference at the time between AJ's official Strictly leaving post and Kevin's 😆

I guess that's what happens when you quit after they'd already announced you in the line up? And you then give an exclusive to the Sun about how Strictly was stopping you from becoming a huge star

Anyway, I wonder how Trish is doing...
Heartbroken!

(I watch Classic Corrie and Denise Welch is in it just now. She’s not the worst actress so god knows what happened…maybe she was dazzled by The Pritchards)

Reactions: 4
I reckon that’s rather telling of how things were left between AJ and the show… they’d already confirmed him as a pro for the upcoming series therefore probably would’ve signed his contract, so would love to know how he managed to work himself out of that.
If a contract had been signed there is little way that he'd be able to break it.

This has never happened on the show before were they have confirmed a pro only for them to quickly to say that they are not doing it but it has happened with a celeb. Remember when Chris Evans was confirmed only for him to 'pull out' and sign on to host Top Gear instead.

This sort of thing occurs in the entertainment industry and it's usually when negotiations are happening and one side is so confident the other will sign that they don't see the harm in announcing it. In some cases it's because one side wants to strong arm the other and they gamble that by announcing it publicly the other party has no choice but to sign otherwise they will look bad. In this case I'd wager it was the former scenario. I'm sure the show was miffed to lose a pro on short-ish notice unless AJ has some compromising photos of the head of the BBC there is no way they'd let him walk out on them without repurcussions.

Reactions: 2
If a contract had been signed there is little way that he'd be able to break it.

This has never happened on the show before were they have confirmed a pro only for them to quickly to say that they are not doing it but it has happened with a celeb. Remember when Chris Evans was confirmed only for him to 'pull out' and sign on to host Top Gear instead.

This sort of thing occurs in the entertainment industry and it's usually when negotiations are happening and one side is so confident the other will sign that they don't see the harm in announcing it. In some cases it's because one side wants to strong arm the other and they gamble that by announcing it publicly the other party has no choice but to sign otherwise they will look bad. In this case I'd wager it was the former scenario. I'm sure the show was miffed to lose a pro on short-ish notice unless AJ has some compromising photos of the head of the BBC there is no way they'd let him walk out on them without repurcussions.
This is really interesting, thank you! I’d assumed the Chris Evans scenario slid because he was transferring over to another BBC show, but had no idea how AJ managed to pop up on Channel 4 and ITV straight after his departure… I guess we’ll never know for certain, but I assume going off what you’ve said, Strictly confirmed him prematurely and he never gave any indication he was leaving until he announced it to bosses?

Reactions: 1
I'll also add this because I think this thread took a turn and this point seems to be forgotten; i'll add a sentence which I saw under one of the announcements on one the newspaper online comments.

''Oti is a great dancer and amazing on strictly however that doesn't always translate to amazing Tv presenter!''

Like I said in my initial post when the announcement was made I wish her all the best but she will now have to tread careful on the next moves she makes; if people are already calling over saturated now as she leaves the show it may only get worse as she now has more opportunity to do other things.

Now I wonder how people will comment and bring up how another pro would be worse at oti at everything?? :cautious::ROFLMAO:
Confused why you feel this point needs pushing? I think she’s a decent TV judge & personality. I’ve really liked her on DOI & The Masked Dancer.. I can’t see how she’s oversaturated? She’s not on TV that often.. last year was Masked Dancer & Strictly and occasional appearances on panel shows. hardly pushed in our faces 😵💫? There are plenty of TV presenters who present daily shows? Give me Oti any day over the cackling loose woman cohort 🥴

If you don’t rate her, fair enough ..

Reactions: 3
Confused why you feel this point needs pushing? I think she’s a decent TV judge & personality. I’ve really liked her on DOI & The Masked Dancer.. I can’t see how she’s oversaturated? She’s not on TV that often.. last year was Masked Dancer & Strictly and occasional appearances on panel shows. hardly pushed in our faces 😵💫? There are plenty of TV presenters who present daily shows? Give me Oti any day over the cackling loose woman cohort 🥴

If you don’t rate her, fair enough ..

I posted again because the convo got changed to what originally we were talking about that’s all.

You said Tv presenters present daily shows all the time…..she’s not a presenter though; she’s only dipping it to that now with this singing Romeo and Juliet show (where the concept sounds awful tbh). The greatest dancer, the masked dancer and DOI as well as all the panel shows have all come in quick succession and she is becoming over saturated in my opinion. Tv presenters normally start one one show and work up whereas she’s dipping her toes into so many things at once.

That’s my opinion. I do agree with you about the loose women point though.

Reactions: 1
Can’t find the original post, but whoever said everyone’s acting like Oti’s died… 😭😭 her Instagram stories are doing me in. You’ll still be able to speak to her guys! I love em but dancers can’t half be dramatic

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Can’t find the original post, but whoever said everyone’s acting like Oti’s died… 😭😭 her Instagram stories are doing me in. You’ll still be able to speak to her guys! I love em but dancers can’t half be dramatic
Plot twist - most of them will lose touch because that’s life…but it’s not Gramworthy 😂

I wonder if she’s still going to be Starey Amy’s bridesmaid (if there’s still going to be a wedding 😬)

• Haha
Love Danny’s post for her
What a lovely post! I know a lot of the “friends for life” stuff is just words said in the moment but I’m a sap so I do love when a partnership remains friends years after their time on Strictly.

(On that note, how has it been more than five years since they danced together? Where has the time gone?)

Reactions: 9
It’s showbusiness not showfriends. They all want more followers and likes.
I dont think half the verified ticks gushing online give a toss about Oti. They just want to be quoted in the press/more followers.
i think she’s a great pro etc. but as soon as she leaves people will move on.
Anyway I’m watching DTWSIRL and there’s a pro there who will probably win again he’s won the Irish and Belgian shows : Pasquale. Lovely person. He’s involved with the Alzheimer association here and seems so lovely and genuine. His Celebs do well as he is a great teacher. No showmances for him 🙃🙃🙃( stares 👀 in Gio and Kai )
Anyway I bet strictly get him next year. He’s already involved in strictly pro numbers

Reactions: 5
I note Kelvin hasn’t said anything. Telling.
Unless I missed his comment on her post, he only commented a goat emoji on the post from the Strictly account and that was it. People like Jay and Ore wrote longer, more effusive comments and they never even danced with Oti.

Reactions: 2
Oooh. Does Amy really get 'saddled with mediocre partners'?? Of her 5, Karim was a ringer, Tom a good dancer (albeit a dick) and Danny pretty good as well (also a dick, apparently). JJ had a disability (though that got her plenty of attention for their partnership). Brian was definitely a duffer. Not bad going.

3 on paper favourites out of 5 doesn't really equal a mediocre draw to me. I wonder if some of her fans are just bitter that two of those potential good ones didn't go close to the final.

I kinda agree with some of the other points made in the article though. Oti probably was the star of the female pro lineup.

Regarding the blue ticks, I imagine some of the people who have been on the show or have worked with Oti are being genuine. Even saw a couple of pros from the German show (which she was last on 6 years ago) commenting on it. There are a few who I reckon are doing it for attention, those being the blue ticks with no actual connections to Strictly - Bobby Seagull springs to mind, jumping on almost every Strictly related post and really being overly gushy. I find him pretty desperate to get noticed by the show TBH.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.