Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Same; I'll give Strictly and the BBC their dues of making the best of the card they were dealt with having to deal with Covid but for the last 2 series have been a bit lacklustre for me in terms of not having a full audience there. Sometimes its a bit cringey and forced to see the celebs and pros having to cheer extra hard at the side every time a couple have finished a dance to makeup for a lack of an audience.
Completely agree. An enthusiastic audience really lifts a performance, too, and boosts the performers confidence. I've thought the studio has looked quite sad and empty with some great routines missing out on getting the huge reactions they deserved.

But I agree, kudos to the show for making the best out of a bad situation.

Reactions: 4
See this is interesting to me. I don’t know whether it’s seen as the ultimate goal for professional dancers (I’m assuming going off the paycheque it’s up there) but I would have considered it a step down in terms of technical skill and ability, seeing as they aren’t having to prove the extent of their technical capabilities, only that they are capable of high quality ballroom and Latin, and are good teachers. Even two of the judges, Bruno and Craig, lack professional training in B&L, so I find it difficult to imagine the pros are having to push themselves to the limit in terms of skill. For example, Katya and Neil are both world Latin champions - I can’t imagine any routines they perform on strictly, pro or celebrity, truly provide them with a real challenge
I think you’re thinking about this way more deeply than you need but at the end of the day production will approach dancers who’ll immediately turn it down because it’s not their thing. If they’re turning it down because for some bizarre reason think some of what’s required is beneath them then that’s the on them and they’ll probably get a rude awakening one day.

The ones that do sign up know what they’re signing up for. They get to dance in front in front on millions and then take their own ideas and choreography on the road on one of the many pro tours that happen and can only happen because of how well known they are. Dancing on the show opens so many doors so having to do a daft dance in a ridiculous costume probably isn’t that much of an issue for pros. Sure not ideal at times but it’s 90 seconds and then it’s done. (Even dancing in a professional company or as a freelance dancer on the audition circuit they’ll be times when you’re not doing exactly what you’d pictured but that’s just the nature of choosing dance as a career)

The pros that haven’t come through burn the floor and come through the competition circuit (like Amy) have probably at some stage worked with novice dancers in between their own training to earn a bit of extra cash.
Amy and Kat/Neil have their own studios. Teaching a class of novice adults or hyperactive children who just want a bit fun isn’t really much different to teaching an uncoordinated 40 year comedian.

Reactions: 2
I thought they might be a while ago. Think they might have been on/off for a long time 🤷‍♀️
Katya has referred to him as her husband in her latest post on instagram. Lots of comments from people hoping they are back together, which neils mum has liked.

Katya has referred to him as her husband in her latest post on instagram. Lots of comments from people hoping they are back together, which neils mum has liked.
It wouldn’t come as a surprise. Despite everything that happened with them and peoples opinions of Neil I do think they genuinely loved/love each other a lot.

I know @jfletcher has been too so they’ll remember that you are packed into the audience in the studio. I’m not sure if they’ll go back to that but they might given it’s an entirely voluntary thing. It is a great atmosphere and it’ll be good to get back to seeing the email in your inbox and thinking you’ve got a chance of getting tickets!

I’m not sure what to make of Neil and Katya getting back together. I hope, if they are, it’s for the right reasons.

Reactions: 1
does anyone else think Neil and Katya are back together? They are posting alot of each other on social media.
Not sure if it’s a recent development or not, but i noticed she follows a few Neil and Katya fan accounts, which seem like they’re fans of their romantic relationship as well as professional and have posted a few ‘shippy’ things when they’re seen together. Quite a strange thing to want to see on her Instagram feed if she’s dating anybody else or isn’t interested in him anymore

On one he commented underneath 'ex husband'

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I don't think they are back together but they seem to have a very good relationship. Maybe Neil's mum would like to see them back together. I like Katya and hope she finds someone nice (and hotter than Neil). But he seems very supportive of her which is great.

I see Nadiya's drama continues;

It was obvious she was going to be leaving (I'm actually surprised she didn't leave after winning with Bill in 2020).

I wish her the best for the future; she is becoming a little oversaturated in my opinion with the amount of shows she doing but hopefully now she's left strictly she might be able to curate more of a stable path.

Reactions: 13
What’s the pro count looking like for this year? Are we due any newbies/necessary departures? Minus Oti, who I think we can assume is past the point of no return.

I’d quite like to see an older female pro step in and balance things out a little. Always felt ridiculous to me that the mature women on the show were given resident carer Anton to be looked after by, but older gentlemen were always ensured a beautiful twenty-something to rub up against - probably why half of them agreed! Going off the direction strictly seems to be taking though, I think we’re unlikely to see many taken on over the age of 25. 30+?As good as on their death bed 🙄

“Resident Carer Anton “ 😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Aw! sad to see her go. Time to post one of my favourite routines of hers (though I probably prefer their AS):

Reactions: 13
Was kind of obvious she was leaving. As soon as she won twice and got the judging jobs with ITV(masked dancer/DOI) I knew she’d be off. It’s sad as she’s a great dancer but I think I would’ve felt something more a couple of years ago before her face was everywhere.

It’s definitely not a surprise that Oti is going but Strictly won’t be the same without her. I know she isn’t everyone’s favourite but to me, she is the best female choreographer on the show and she’s produced some of the very best routines and partnerships.

I could post so many of her dances but this one is an underrated favourite of mine. It’s the one that made me fall in love with her partnership with Danny:

Reactions: 7
Not to diminish her talent as she is a talented dancer (as are all the pros) but she is without a doubt the luckiest pro of all:

-Got Danny Mac; arguably the best male dancer the show has ever had
-When Jamie hurt his leg then got Kelvin and once he did his shimmy in week one he was the nailed on winner
-The year after then getting Bill, the most liked, well known celeb out of a diminished celeb list that year

Obviously it hasn't been all plain sailing; I barely remember her dances with Ugo and her dances with Graham, Johnny, and Anthony weren't anything spectacular but I find it hard for the most ardent Oti fan to not see she has had great luck on the show with the points I made above.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.