Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Totally agree here. I do think Nancy was OTT as was Kai, because AJ was pushing him too ( she’s a trained PT and very fit though, did 10-12 hour days) , and wonder if they felt pressured as it was their first season? Nikita seemed to get the balance right, but of course they went out a lot earlier.
Agreed, the 'no breaks' thing with Rhys and Nancy was concerning, and, bless him, but I did think when AJ's injury happened that maybe if Kai had dialed that quickstep down a notch it might have been avoided, or at least would have held off until the final. If he pushed her too hard though, I think it's more the judges' fault than his. They built her up too much in the first few weeks and then wanted improvement, and what more could someone with no dance experience really do?

I think you're right about Nikita seeming to take a more healthy approach. Of course, he didn't get a celeb that could be pushed as hard as Rhys and AJ, but I don't think he would have gone crazy if he had. And he did quite good work with Tilly, if people didn't think her dad was a twit she could have gone further.

In his live a few weeks ago when he was doing that charity walk in his isolation hotel room, someone asked him how he was feeling and he said obviously he was feeling fine, or he wouldn't be doing the walk.

In contrast with Gleb when he had covid last month, who I remember parroting some motivational slogan as he did some workout or dance class over zoom, even though he had symptoms. And I think, possibly pushed himself too hard? Because he definitely got out of isolation at least a day, maybe two, before he performed in the tour, so it made me wonder if he was too unwell to perform (though of course it could have been any number of other reasons.) 🤷‍♀️

Anyway, I'm guessing Nikita is prone to be a bit more sensible about health matters than some other dancers because of his diabetes.

Reactions: 3
Agreed, the 'no breaks' thing with Rhys and Nancy was concerning, and, bless him, but I did think when AJ's injury happened that maybe if Kai had dialed that quickstep down a notch it might have been avoided, or at least would have held off until the final. If he pushed her too hard though, I think it's more the judges' fault than his. They built her up too much in the first few weeks and then wanted improvement, and what more could someone with no dance experience really do?

I think you're right about Nikita seeming to take a more healthy approach. Of course, he didn't get a celeb that could be pushed as hard as Rhys and AJ, but I don't think he would have gone crazy if he had. And he did quite good work with Tilly, if people didn't think her dad was a twit she could have gone further.

In his live a few weeks ago when he was doing that charity walk in his isolation hotel room, someone asked him how he was feeling and he said obviously he was feeling fine, or he wouldn't be doing the walk.

In contrast with Gleb when he had covid last month, who I remember parroting some motivational slogan as he did some workout or dance class over zoom, even though he had symptoms. And I think, possibly pushed himself too hard? Because he definitely got out of isolation at least a day, maybe two, before he performed in the tour, so it made me wonder if he was too unwell to perform (though of course it could have been any number of other reasons.) 🤷‍♀️

Anyway, I'm guessing Nikita is prone to be a bit more sensible about health matters than some other dancers because of his diabetes.
Nikita has been one of the best additions to strictly in a while he seems to know how to teach and make his partner have fun. I liked that he made Tilly more confident each week and he's just a funny person!

Reactions: 11

Oh that’s true, he probably needs to regulate his breaks for food etc ( assume he’s type 1?), didn’t think of that.
Aj was complaining her ankles were hurting in semi finals week - it could have been the rumba that didn’t help ( weight on heels)? They then did the monday doing jive, Charleston and showdance ( which was ‘kitchen sink’ style), so that would have the moment it finally went( happened that evening)

Nikita has been one of the best additions to strictly in a while he seems to know how to teach and make his partner have fun. I liked that he made Tilly more confident each week and he's just a funny person!
He’s been great and very funny on tour. Will be great to see him progress next season.

Reactions: 1
Also, speaking of how well Nikita did with Tilly, lol, watching Celebrity Masterchef gave me a new appreciation for how well he did to get her to week 10...

guess he wasn't exaggerating too much with that 'who trips over their own feet 70 times a day' comment! 😂

In the background, someone says "Not again" just after she trips. On flat ground. 😂 Bless her, she's adorable. 😊

Reactions: 2
Nikita is brilliant, looking forward to seeing more of Jowita too in coming years.
Nikita has managed to keep himself out of any negative press/ relationship scandals bar the speculation about Tilly but he handled it lovely, his girlfriend is stunning and he seems very respectful.

Reactions: 4
Right, but I suspect that experienced dancers knew that if she couldn't walk on Tuesday she wasn't dancing on Saturday.
I’d forgotten about this! 🤣 did we ever get any info on where those Gio rumours came from? I couldn’t find any trace of them pre her signing up to strictly, and really didn’t have her pinned down as Gios type… was pretty shocked when he never denied a romance either, given he never usually shies away from it. pretty sure the blokes got a constant tab open with his name googled
I know! it was bonkers as I had never seen anything about them but she kept bringing it up so presumably there was something to it.. She denied they'd dated but had just hung out and she was a friend of Georgia's. Her mistake I think was to keep mentioning it, even if she wanted to clear the air.

The Rio shippers think the hug means they are about to declare their undying love. They need to give it a break now.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Reactions: 4

Aww, Nikita! He's so lovely. :love: :love: :love:
This is fabulous; what a great role model.

And much as Amy is annoying and a bit scary, she has done wonderful things in spreading awareness of IBD.

I applaud them both for using their platform to make people feel seen ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.