Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MyRightTit

VIP Member
A few years back I did a charity dance night to raise money for a local children’s hospice. I was partnered with a single guy. I was also single at the time. For six weeks we trained together every single day, often getting up close & personal, hot & sweaty. Other participants joked about us being together, we laughed it off.
The charity night went great, raised lots of money.
I’ve seen my partner once since, in a social setting. We didn’t fancy each other one bit, we just did what we set out to do, a performance, and went on with our own lives.
Take note DS & Twitter KJ shippers.

Reactions: 13

Bol85

VIP Member
How can people forget Graham Swann on a treadmill?!

Oti is brilliant in my opinion. She brings the very best out in people regardless of where they sit talent wise. And she has so much fun with it. There is no drama or showmancing. She’s just a ball of sunshine! I will really miss her 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
Yes, I think the public appetite for a Nice Young Man who doesn't come across as trained + Katya's choreo + lack of big-hitting opponents pushed Joe over the line.

I see Nikita and Nadiya have posted about Ukraine. Must be awful for them.
It's an absolutely horrible situation - they must be so worried for their country and any family there.

• Sad

noseybirdxo

VIP Member
I’m so gutted that Oti is leaving, my favourite female pro on the show. An incredible, beautiful dancer and a brilliant choreographer. Her talent is a big loss for the show and it won’t be the same without her in a way but I cannot blame her for leaving and spreading her wings - she at least has gotten herself in a secure enough position to get other TV gigs unlike AJ when he left. She’ll do well.

An appropriate time as ever to say her and Danny Mac were robbed also 🤪

glasgow27

VIP Member
I sometimes find Johannes a bit of an attention seeker. I'm glad that he finally has the chance to be his authentic self but it's all a bit too much at times and he does have a tendency to make himself the centre of attention which isn't really a good attribute for a pro. For that reason, I think John will likely be his only finalist partner in his tenure on the show.

Felt a bit sorry for Catherine Tyldesley in her year because the focus was never on her and always on him. They got on very well but could she have progressed better as a dancer with someone else?

• Heart

raghoney

85D5EC56-D17D-4A6F-91D0-4E40CD7B331E.jpeg

DA6E6526-0AEE-48A8-890B-2EE7FAA6D5E3.jpeg

How can people be denying this still? The two of them look so happy together, it’s so lovely to see 😊

jfletcher

VIP Member
When is Gio ever not posting thirst traps? His Instagram is so boring if you don't fancy him :sleep:😆
I always follow Giovanni during Strictly and then unfollow once it’s over because the endless thirst trap posts are just dull. There is no one that man loves more than himself.

Good for Shirley for calling people out. Hopefully it makes some of them think. Touring after two years away is a big deal so I don’t begrudge people posting about their work but it takes a minute to share about Ukraine too. And you’d hope the pros would want to post since they have such huge platforms and they have colleagues with a personal connection to what is happening. Sharing a donation link is easy but can make a real difference. Nikita shared the Red Cross appeal yesterday and I donated. If I did that, I’m sure plenty of other people will have done the same.

(It’s not important right now but Nikita seems like a really lovely guy and he’ll have my vote if he’s got a semi-decent partner next series.)

jfletcher

VIP Member

Hopefully this is true because I far preferred Anton as a judge. He gave great advice to the celebs and his lovely comments to Rose and Giovanni in the final were a highlight. He brought some much-needed balance to the panel compared to Bruno’s OTT personality which had become exhausting for me.

Slightly awkward for this to be announced right before Bruno wraps on the Strictly tour however 😬

• Heart

Elleyunsun

VIP Member
The Instagram pictures with Maura were so cringe, the secondhand embarrassment was real.

I always got the vibe that the reason him and Rose got on well was because she found his whole act a bit ridiculous and ribbed him for it, and as she was taken and very different to women he goes for so they could just get on with no drama, but because they got on well some people decided there was more than friendship there. I don’t think he’s gay but definitely has terrible taste in trophy girlfriends 🤣

• Heart

raghoney

given that AJ has now publicly deleted nasty comments, I think it’d go a long way for her to shut down all these claims Kai has betrayed/cheated her. It isn’t her fault these lunatics sprouted up singing her praises, but the attacks on both Kai and Nadiya are disgusting and unfair. Whether she likes it or not, it involves her 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 11

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
Went to see Firedance at the weekend - it's outstanding. No cheesy chat segments or anything like that, just all Latin and contemporary, and Gorka and Karen were magnificent - both of them even more stunning in person (especially Karen's insane abs 😆). Would highly recommend if you're thinking about going

• Heart

nah675

Chatty Member
Agreed, the 'no breaks' thing with Rhys and Nancy was concerning, and, bless him, but I did think when AJ's injury happened that maybe if Kai had dialed that quickstep down a notch it might have been avoided, or at least would have held off until the final. If he pushed her too hard though, I think it's more the judges' fault than his. They built her up too much in the first few weeks and then wanted improvement, and what more could someone with no dance experience really do?

I think you're right about Nikita seeming to take a more healthy approach. Of course, he didn't get a celeb that could be pushed as hard as Rhys and AJ, but I don't think he would have gone crazy if he had. And he did quite good work with Tilly, if people didn't think her dad was a twat she could have gone further.

In his live a few weeks ago when he was doing that charity walk in his isolation hotel room, someone asked him how he was feeling and he said obviously he was feeling fine, or he wouldn't be doing the walk.

In contrast with Gleb when he had covid last month, who I remember parroting some motivational slogan as he did some workout or dance class over zoom, even though he had symptoms. And I think, possibly pushed himself too hard? Because he definitely got out of isolation at least a day, maybe two, before he performed in the tour, so it made me wonder if he was too unwell to perform (though of course it could have been any number of other reasons.) 🤷‍♀️

Anyway, I'm guessing Nikita is prone to be a bit more sensible about health matters than some other dancers because of his diabetes.
Nikita has been one of the best additions to strictly in a while he seems to know how to teach and make his partner have fun. I liked that he made Tilly more confident each week and he's just a funny person!

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
Totally. When Tom was getting the bad feedback from the judges about his CC, the expression on Amy's face could only be described as 'killer doll about to slaughter four."

I think 10-13hrs per day training is absolutely crazy. When did all these extreme training hours start? I'm surprised they don't get more drop-outs through injury or exhaustion.
Was it Rhys who said that Nancy was making him train for 12 hours without a break? Not healthy or anything that Strictly should be applauding or encouraging (which they seem to do)

I think Chris Ramsey said that Karen would send him home for a nap if he was too tired and wasn't taking anything in, and then he'd come back after a few hours and be much better. Another reason to love Karen