Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

diamondthunder

VIP Member
I always follow Giovanni during Strictly and then unfollow once it’s over because the endless thirst trap posts are just dull. There is no one that man loves more than himself.

Good for Shirley for calling people out. Hopefully it makes some of them think. Touring after two years away is a big deal so I don’t begrudge people posting about their work but it takes a minute to share about Ukraine too. And you’d hope the pros would want to post since they have such huge platforms and they have colleagues with a personal connection to what is happening. Sharing a donation link is easy but can make a real difference. Nikita shared the Red Cross appeal yesterday and I donated. If I did that, I’m sure plenty of other people will have done the same.

(It’s not important right now but Nikita seems like a really lovely guy and he’ll have my vote if he’s got a semi-decent partner next series.)
They pretty much all have, though, haven't they? I have a terrible memory so I could be wrong, but I feel like the Russian ones are the only ones who haven't, from Strictly anyway. Oh, and Gio. I think. But he hardly ever posts anything anyway. 🤷‍♀️

More of the American pros seem to be staying silent. I would have thought they'd be more vocal, given that one of their former colleagues is actually stuck in Kyiv. But there are more Russians on that one so maybe that's why. Maybe the others feel awkward saying something when half their colleagues are Russian? Or maybe just that American celebs tend to be more afraid of backlash for political posts?

Last edited:

raghoney

Considering Vick didn't get very far on Strictly, she's done alright since, I feel like I've seen her on loads of things.
i think she puts herself forward for almost everything. I love her on the radio and think she’s a great host. I still don’t know that she’s really found her ‘big break’ yet though, and probably thought Strictly would be that, hence acting a tiny bit of a diva afterwards

scdf1289

Probably too busy with his 10/10 new girlfriend to care about a night out in a shite club in nottingham tbh 😂 From what I saw on social media throughout tour he was with the rest of the cast majority of the time, but at the end of the day they don’t all have to be together as a big group 24/7. I think I saw John go on one night out the whole 4 weeks, some people just prefer to have some time to chill especially when it’s such a grueling schedule.
For sure! I love John x

glasgow27

VIP Member
I’d love to see Alex Murphy the ex DOI pro skater give it a go! I got my hopes up thinking she was doing the Xmas special but she didn’t 😭
Someone on Digital Spy said that Alex had revealed on social media (probably an IG live) that her agent was in contact with Strictly. There's a slight chance there (albeit not the wisest move to make it public).

MidCenturyMadOne

VIP Member
She apparently went backstage first so assume they met up then. Probably just didn’t want the drama! Sounds like she had a good time anyway.

Oh my god i’ve just seen, that’s borderline stalking! I see they are making all kinds of excuses for Kai not going … maybe he wasn’t feeling well, maybe he was tired? Or maybe he just didn’t want to go. John & Johannes also missing which is surprising seeing as John is apparently her bestie 🥴 He’s out this morning on a hot tub boat down the river with the rest of the celebs 😭
Possibly didn’t as they knew they’d be reported on, as it’s so public.
She’s bound to meet up with John outside the tour bubble.
They have double shows today and tomorrow so need to rest.

lizzolyn

VIP Member
Of course it is - I wasn’t uncalmy suggesting it wasn’t.

It just shows it’s different strokes for different folks - they were both worthy winners but I think they worked to get it. I don’t agree with the post yesterday that Kelvin won it with the salsa. I think Bill wasn’t the best dancer but brought something special as the competition went on.

Genuine question - do you think you would you have thought the same about Kelvin and Bill if they weren’t partnered with Oti?
I calmly disagreed with the point thats what I meant.

Genuine Answer - I would have thought the same regardless; just like Rose, Jay and Caroline for example, no one was stopping them winning. I picked Bill and Kelvin as they were the most recent example and what people would remember more clearly.

lizzolyn

VIP Member
Katya & Oti both seem to get on well with pretty much all of their partners and have seemingly stayed friends with some of them after show.
Katya actually doesn't strike me as someone who stays in touch with her celebs apart from Ed. You never hear much from her from Joe or Nicola and now haven't heard about Adam since really. She would probably be in the genuine category then of not over egging the pudding with her celebs friendships once the show is done.

Can't blame her on that one, best partner she ever had and didn't win.
No cant blame her for it but it sometimes seems especially watching the ITT video that she seemed more annoyed she didn't win with Danny than actually winning it with Kelvin! :ROFLMAO:

Guitarwarrior

VIP Member
I think Portillo might be quite a good dancer.
He could probably do fairly okay with classic ballroom Latin not so much
He’s also probably reasonably likeable with the older crowd. He’s quite inoffensive these days as well.
Amy needs someone old and irritating and completely useless. Portillo doesn’t really fall into that category.

Don’t see Brooklyn on strictly. Jungle or ice dancing maybe but the Beckhams don’t really have any connections at the bbc. At least Tilly had actually been on cbbc prior. Granted it was with her Dad but she’s actually done something. I think he’d more likely turn up on DWTS to be honest.

Ridandroo

Chatty Member
Was he around the same time as Pasha? He has posted about his tour, tbh he rarely posts on social media. Although his wife Rachel Riley is usually very outspoken on twitter, she is rather quiet.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
You can tell it’s getting a bit repetitive on tour now, as all the cast stories are just reposts of audience videos of themselves at the show. I’m relying on Adam to visit at Nottingham and create some buzz..
Or Neil to get back to more of his sultry black and white videos…although the ones of him in his bath towel I could probably do without!
Who’s going to next weeks tour dates? Only 6 days wait for me!
Yeah, he can get rid of the bath towel all together for me.

lizzolyn

VIP Member
Luckiest pro of all though when Gio & Kevin exist and that’s not even going back to any of the older pros is the point I think people were commenting on.
I did acknowledge already that Kevin and Giovanni have been very fortunate in who they have gotten as well but the luck of the 2019 then 2020 season to follow was too hard to ignore for me.

One user brought up Dianne, and in the same post they also mentioned Janette. It was a comparison to back up the point they were making. Gotta say, you're kind of the one keeping the Dianne conversation going.
More than one person mentioned her actually but I i'll be happy to stop now ;)

MidCenturyMadOne

VIP Member
The John and Jojo numbers just don’t appear in the show. Jojo still doing the pro dancing.

D3138C68-CE5E-4157-B475-E2FAD0B7E262.jpeg

Tonight’s sexy Neil content!

Last edited: