Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think people forget this is a NO PRO DANCING show so people like Tony with zero experience but is trying his bloody best and have fun with it is what the show is all about IMO. If Jayde had danced as much as she did in her first dance than fair enough but she didn't, she did less dancing every week and just waved her arms about. This is why I don't mind any of the rest of the celebs because whether they are good or a bit iffy they are trying to learn the steps and routine every week.

Reactions: 31
Can you imagine signing up for a popularity TV show and then want to change the rules because you don't like who the public actually like. I'm sure after 20 years the producers are going to listen to Fleur and change the format of the show. She can go this week

I think the headline is pretty sensationalised! I doubt she was on the phone to Sarah thingy - it's a variant on the 'why can't we all stay in??' said while she's standing on the red carpet.

Tony is getting all of Arsenal twitter voting for him so he is absolutely safe. I wonder if eg Molly had gone this week (unlikely!) or if someone like Ellie T. goes this week would there be a bit of a shift against him? I remember last year the longer Dan stayed in the more people got pissed off.. (but Dan was a more divisive personality)

The SCD cast presented an award on stage: (I hate Molly's dress! - she's third from left in the grey and white thing)
1666681305393.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I think the headline is pretty sensationalised! I doubt she was on the phone to Sarah thingy - it's a variant on the 'why can't we all stay in??' said while she's standing on the red carpet.

Tony is getting all of Arsenal twitter voting for him so he is absolutely safe. I wonder if eg Molly had gone this week (unlikely!) or if someone like Ellie T. goes this week would there be a bit of a shift against him? I remember last year the longer Dan stayed in the more people got pissed off.. (but Dan was a more divisive personality)

The SCD cast presented an award on stage: (I hate Molly's dress! - she's third from left in the grey and white thing)
View attachment 1676423
Why is Neil front and centre always?!!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
Can you imagine signing up for a popularity TV show and then want to change the rules because you don't like who the public actually like. I'm sure after 20 years the producers are going to listen to Fleur and change the format of the show. She can go this week

oh Fleur.
Surely you know how the tabloids work by now to not give them anything to run with.
when you’ve already done the leader board plummet once not Having an opinion, however benign, that can be shoved into a click bait headline is for the best.

Reactions: 12
oh Fleur.
Surely you know how the tabloids work by now to not give them anything to run with.
when you’ve already done the leader board plummet once not Having an opinion, however benign, that can be shoved into a click bait headline is for the best.
Fleur is lucky that there is a dance off and the judges have a say.. if the least voted for celeb got sent packing perhaps she would be long gone….

Reactions: 10
oh Fleur.
Is that all the scandal that came out of Pride of Britain?? What happened to the great Molly-Nikita 'romance'? Which of his exes was Gio most keen to avoid backstage?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I'm not bothered by her comments. It's obviously just that they all find the dance off so hard I'd imagine, but the paper saying it was a shock elimination is a bit of a reach. They're gaslighting us into thinking she showed us personality every week and warmed the hearts of the nation when Tony is RIGHT THERE. I didn't mind her emoting every week if I'm honest but she brought no sense of fun or humbleness to the whole thing. I don't know why they are trying to give her a storyline she didn't have.

I actually think Kym is the one with the storyline (apart from our Tone). She was so on edge and unconfident in the first two weeks and was likely comparing herself a lot to Helen, Fleur and Molly, looks and ability wise. And you can see her falling more and more in love with dancing and really wanting to do well as the time goes on.

View attachment 1676423
Wow is that Molly? At a glance I'd have said it was TessBot. Dress is too old for her.

• Haha

Bore off Fleur.

Wow is that Molly? At a glance I'd have said it was TessBot. Dress is too old for her.
Yeah she is gorgeous but the dress makes her look 45. Needs a stylist! Dianne's dress was also dodgy (and her hair looks bad with it) though Tyler looked good:
1666687433534.png

I think people forget this is a NO PRO DANCING show so people like Tony with zero experience but is trying his bloody best and have fun with it is what the show is all about IMO. If Jayde had danced as much as she did in her first dance than fair enough but she didn't, she did less dancing every week and just waved her arms about. This is why I don't mind any of the rest of the celebs because whether they are good or a bit iffy they are trying to learn the steps and routine every week.
Jayde didn’t really dance, she just upped her walking pace. That’s not a knock on her body shape it’s what I saw as a viewer. She was lucky to stay in as long as she did. She should have gone before Richie.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Yeah she is gorgeous but the dress makes her look 45. Needs a stylist! Dianne's dress was also dodgy (and her hair looks bad with it) though Tyler looked good:
View attachment 1676597
I don't understand how Molly and Dianne had such ugly, ageing dresses when others had absolutely stunning gowns? Agree that Dianne's whole look really wasn't it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I don't understand how Molly and Dianne had such ugly, ageing others when others had absolutely stunning gowns? Agree that Dianne's whole look really wasn't it.
Dianne never quite hits the mark does she . She has a very dated 1990s school girl look about her.

Jayde didn’t really dance, she just upped her walking pace. That’s not a knock on her body shape it’s what I saw as a viewer. She was lucky to stay in as long as she did. She should have gone before Richie.
BIB - Same here.

And while I find myself smiling my way through the performances that I enjoy, that's something I didn't do during any of Jayde's.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
She looks so pale always that the red is too harsh a contrast. I agree a softer hair colour and better make-up would transform her. But I think from looking at her insta she also has bad dress sense!

Dianne annoys me and she acts too desperate on Strictly sometimes. Did anyone watch her when she was waiting for Tess to announce if it was her and Tyler, or Jayde & Karen in the bottom 2? I understand how she's probably feeling, but her attitude and mannerisms just bug me lol. It reminded me of her reaction when Dev Griffin was eliminated in 2019. She also acts over the top in the group dances lately.

Jayde is a sore loser too. Very passive aggressive.

Reactions: 16
I'm not bothered by her comments. It's obviously just that they all find the dance off so hard I'd imagine, but the paper saying it was a shock elimination is a bit of a reach. They're gaslighting us into thinking she showed us personality every week and warmed the hearts of the nation when Tony is RIGHT THERE. I didn't mind her emoting every week if I'm honest but she brought no sense of fun or humbleness to the whole thing. I don't know why they are trying to give her a storyline she didn't have.

I actually think Kym is the one with the storyline (apart from our Tone). She was so on edge and unconfident in the first two weeks and was likely comparing herself a lot to Helen, Fleur and Molly, looks and ability wise. And you can see her falling more and more in love with dancing and really wanting to do well as the time goes on.
It’s what they do, isn’t.
if I believed them, then I would also believe that Widdecombe was a benign granny who delighted the nation weekly with her hilarious antics.
which is about as far from what I believed as it is possible to be.

• Angry
Reactions: 8
My daughter and I watched an old Ann Widdecombe 'dance' the other day as we were talking about who had been the worst dancer. It's absolutely staggering how decrepit that women was when she was only 62. She looks easily 82.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.