Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

diamondthunder

VIP Member
With Jayde acting like such a twat about this, it's just made me even sadder Richie got so shafted with that ridiculous song/costume on top of one of the hardest dances and a shitty place in the running order (and Shirley's ridiculous 8.) He seemed to have the right attitude towards the whole thing and his Quickstep was such a big improvement from week 1, who knows how much more he could have improved if he'd had the chance? Even though he was truly unlucky to go as early as he did, and you could see the poor guy was crushed, you didn't see him throwing a bloody tantrum about it. He should have made it at least as far as Jayde did, and clearly deserved it more. 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 50

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Until the judges start critiquing Tony respectfully and helpfully instead of just openly laughing then I hope he stays in for weeks. He is obviously the weakest dancer left but their attitude toward him and Katya stinks.
Fair enough give him low marks, but don't be so fucking dismissive.
He and Katya put in as much effort as the others in training, it's not fair to give a minimum of effort when judging him.

• Heart
Reactions: 49

Lostcat

Chatty Member
Tony is definitely the weakest dancer left but I think he’s hugely popular because he’s knuckling down and getting on with it without any moans and groans, he’s improving weekly and he’s having a good time! I don’t think we’ve had a contestant like that for a while and I think he’s got a while yet.

I think it’ll be Rumba Kym and Charleston James in the dance off, with Kym asking if they can send her home because she really fancies a lie in
Kym would leap to the top of my Most Favourite Contestants Ever List if she did that.

Imagine how badly Tess would short circuit if she was doing all that "Oh, you must be so disappointed to be in the dance off, oh, your little face, oh bless".

And Kym is just like "Tess. I can't get the fake tan or glittery eyeshadow residue out of the grout in my shower, I've still got the bruises on my hips from that giant bastard of a skirt they had me in last week, and though I like and respect Graziano, if he bounces into the training room high on the joys of life at the crack of dawn singing Eurovision classic hits one more time, I'm going to murder him. Now get me my taxi home"

Show finishes at 20:05, Kym is posting an Instagram of herself lying on the couch in her jimjams with a packet of crisps by 20:15. Tess is still in the studio, blankly repeating "Your little face" whilst the paramedics debate how best to sedate her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

Lostcat

Chatty Member
I love Ellie T - I think she is hilarious. The comment about being rather neglectful doctors dancing around a patient rather than attend to them really made me laugh on ITT.
I'm fond of Ellie too, and I do hope that this leads to her getting some more gigs. She stood in for the presenting position on The Great Pottery Throwdown last year when Siobhan broke her leg and she was an absolute natural at it: funny without being mean, not talking over the contestants but instead drawing them out.of their shells, sweet without being false or saccharine.

I would really like to see her get the Bake Off gig if Matt and Noel decide to move on (Matt especially looks very bored this year)

Reactions: 31

glasgow27

VIP Member
Now that Karen's partner is gone, going to try and not mention her again. 11 much nicer people left who are giving this their best, I think it should be enjoyable going forward, especially with The BBC night behind us.

Definitely onboard #TattleForTony. Let's get him to Blackpool!

• Heart

coconochanel

VIP Member
I think people forget this is a NO PRO DANCING show so people like Tony with zero experience but is trying his bloody best and have fun with it is what the show is all about IMO. If Jayde had danced as much as she did in her first dance than fair enough but she didn't, she did less dancing every week and just waved her arms about. This is why I don't mind any of the rest of the celebs because whether they are good or a bit iffy they are trying to learn the steps and routine every week.

Elleyunsun

VIP Member
I still can’t believe Queen Luba is stuck doing occasional guest performer slots and visiting swimming pools whilst Amy is out here every week bringing dull to my screen.

• Haha

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
Honestly, Katya is a bloody genius - especially when you contrast what she does with the older duffers with what Anton used to do with his..

Reactions: 30

Elleyunsun

VIP Member
I know it’s been talked about a lot, but Jayde’s social media performance since being eliminated has ruined any positive feelings I held towards her. Her likes are just reems and reems of comments telling her how wonderful she is and how she should’ve been saved etc, including several that are borderline shady to other contestants (one saying she’s ‘more articulate and interesting’ than the other celebs).

It goes well beyond liking nice supportive comments from fans- she’s not even tagged in many of them so has had to search her name/the hashtags (presumably when she was looking for victims to make an example of). She’s looking like a total dick.

• Wow
Reactions: 28

Libbylulu

VIP Member
Until the judges start critiquing Tony respectfully and helpfully instead of just openly laughing then I hope he stays in for weeks. He is obviously the weakest dancer left but their attitude toward him and Katya stinks.
Fair enough give him low marks, but don't be so fucking dismissive.
He and Katya put in as much effort as the others in training, it's not fair to give a minimum of effort when judging him.
I don’t think that the judges give Katya as much praise or respect as the other pros. Not only with Tony but with others too.

• Sad

Lostcat

Chatty Member
Had to laugh at Molly saying "It was interesting for us both to try a new dance style!" with all the tinny politeness of someone who spent the previous week weeping down the phone to her mum over how awful and undanceable the song was. Poor little soul.

And Carlos very sweetly and firmly disclaiming all responsibility for the dance, the song and the general awfullness of the whole thing was hilarious (and correct! He was stitched up as badly as Molly, poor boy.)