Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We all survived the shitshow that was the BBC centenary fever dream. Well, all except Jayde, who is spitting the dummy. Everyone else - keeeeeep dancing!

Oh, and I think I'm meant to decorate the thread, so...och aye the Neil.

1666638049927.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
Now that Karen's partner is gone, going to try and not mention her again. 11 much nicer people left who are giving this their best, I think it should be enjoyable going forward, especially with The BBC night behind us.

Definitely onboard #TattleForTony. Let's get him to Blackpool!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Just caught up with ITT.

Had to laugh at Jayde's comment that she'd do the show again... but on the judging panel :LOL: She honestly believes she did not deserve to go. Her whole demeanour screamed it.

Will was more chipper but let's remember, his mardy attitude manifested in week 2, when he wasn't ill, but when he didn't get praised to the hilt for his very mediocre salsa. I still get the feeling his PR may have had a word in his ear.

Ellie T looked gorgeous. She's so elegant. I'd love for her to have a real breakthrough dance.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Just caught up with ITT.

Ellie T looked gorgeous. She's so elegant. I'd love for her to have a real breakthrough dance.
I like the sound of their dance, albeit it being a CC. It's a great track and I can see them doing something classy with it. At least it won't be street - thank god!

Reactions: 10
With Jayde acting like such a twit about this, it's just made me even sadder Richie got so shafted with that ridiculous song/costume on top of one of the hardest dances and a crappy place in the running order (and Shirley's ridiculous 8.) He seemed to have the right attitude towards the whole thing and his Quickstep was such a big improvement from week 1, who knows how much more he could have improved if he'd had the chance? Even though he was truly unlucky to go as early as he did, and you could see the poor guy was crushed, you didn't see him throwing a bloody tantrum about it. He should have made it at least as far as Jayde did, and clearly deserved it more. 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I'm just catching up. I was out on Saturday night so I didn't watch the live show or Sunday's results until this afternoon.

Thrilled that Hamza did so well. He's my boo, I am so in love with him. Even with the wobble I thought his quickstep was awesome. He just radiates joy, I smile the entire time he's on screen. Please marry me and we can go and watch baby seals together, Hamza! ❤.

Tyler's costume REALLY confused me. At the start of the night he looked like he was going for the Master!Doctor's idea of a jumble of all the Doctor's costumes at once - I had presumed he'd go for a '10' style as they said they were paying homage to Blink, but then his actual dance outfit looked more like 11?

Felt bad for Molly, but that was a tough tune to dance to.

Tony may be rubbish, but at least he dances through every step. Jayde (to quote Friends) could be on the Olympic standing there team. So glad she went this week. I'm definitely not sizest, I was happy to see another same sex couple but Jayde just didn't cut the mustard and for her to jump to those excuses for anyone who didn't like her just irks me. No Jayde, you just weren't very good. And for a commedian, you sure spent a lot of the time crying 🤨 I checked out her twitter page too - so bitter!!

Will needs to lighten up.

Nikita could get on his knees for me any day. Thought Ellie did a good job with the paso.

Ellie and Jo's Tango was OK, but she had sex-doll face throughout it and it creeped me out.

The rest were... there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Jayde’s ‘legacy’ will be her bitterness at leaving and how she thinks she was much better than she was. However the way the judges (who are meant to be the experts) fawned over her weekly, built her up and over marked her, no wonder she’s shocked. Motsi looked mega pissed off on the Sunday show and I think she hugely disagreed with the bottom TWO, not just Mollie. As experts at home, what did we miss when we called out Jayde’s non dancing or movement a couple of weeks ago?

There’s a lot of negativity around Tony too, outside of here I don’t see much support on social media, just ‘Tony should have gone’ comments. He has the ability to laugh at himself and the great British public do love that about someone. On Sunday, he even referred to the ‘donkey’ name he was given during his footballing career showing his sense of humour, although he was teased mercilessly over it for years.
#TattleForTony

Reactions: 19
Until the judges start critiquing Tony respectfully and helpfully instead of just openly laughing then I hope he stays in for weeks. He is obviously the weakest dancer left but their attitude toward him and Katya stinks.
Fair enough give him low marks, but don't be so bleeping dismissive.
He and Katya put in as much effort as the others in training, it's not fair to give a minimum of effort when judging him.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Until the judges start critiquing Tony respectfully and helpfully instead of just openly laughing then I hope he stays in for weeks. He is obviously the weakest dancer left but their attitude toward him and Katya stinks.
Fair enough give him low marks, but don't be so bleeping dismissive.
He and Katya put in as much effort as the others in training, it's not fair to give a minimum of effort when judging him.
I don’t think that the judges give Katya as much praise or respect as the other pros. Not only with Tony but with others too.

• Sad
Reactions: 28
There’s a lot of negativity around Tony too, outside of here I don’t see much support on social media, just ‘Tony should have gone’ comments. He has the ability to laugh at himself and the great British public do love that about someone. On Sunday, he even referred to the ‘donkey’ name he was given during his footballing career showing his sense of humour, although he was teased mercilessly over it for years.
#TattleForTony
Mumsnet are also fairly pro Tony (which is a surprise, normally they hate a novelty act). I haven’t seen much pro tony stuff on social media though

Reactions: 7
We all survived the shitshow that was the BBC centenary fever dream. Well, all except Jayde, who is spitting the dummy. Everyone else - keeeeeep dancing!

Oh, and I think I'm meant to decorate the thread, so...och aye the Neil.

View attachment 1675873
Neil wore his kilt to the Scottish dates of the professional tour and called himself an honorary Scot because he’s ginger. Maybe he likes the feeling of a being a true Scotsman…

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I know it’s been talked about a lot, but Jayde’s social media performance since being eliminated has ruined any positive feelings I held towards her. Her likes are just reems and reems of comments telling her how wonderful she is and how she should’ve been saved etc, including several that are borderline shady to other contestants (one saying she’s ‘more articulate and interesting’ than the other celebs).

It goes well beyond liking nice supportive comments from fans- she’s not even tagged in many of them so has had to search her name/the hashtags (presumably when she was looking for victims to make an example of). She’s looking like a total dick.

• Wow
Reactions: 28
Can you imagine signing up for a popularity TV show and then want to change the rules because you don't like who the public actually like. I'm sure after 20 years the producers are going to listen to Fleur and change the format of the show. She can go this week

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Why is everyone blowing smoke up Jayde’s backside? Have I missed something about her dancing?

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.