Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #18 Shirley, go home!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
literally don't know what people have against jayde. she's funny, she's a better dancer than we all thought she would be, she sang tonight. she's cool
She’s a straight fat conventionally unattractive woman who is still confident in her own body . Some people just don’t like that , same as some people would never consider voting for a gay or trans contestant . Got to keep us fattys in our place 😉

That said , I do think if Jayde was slim and dressed more feminine, she would have gone home by now . The judges patronise her because they think she’s doing her best a woman like her can. When she’s not , she’s putting performance over skills . Which is fine , but this year there’s also Ellie T and Tony in that role. I hope Jayde gets through to next week , purely because I think her and Karen’s Halloween would be entertaining, while someone like James and Amy will just be bland . But i wouldn’t be sad if she went out next week because Blackpool week should mark a step up in ability , and I don’t see her improving much more than she has because mastering the steps is the “ easy “ part , it’s the transitions that make it a dance.

Same as I wouldn’t be mad if Tony made it to Blackpool purely because he’s sort of improving week by week , so long as he is marked against his own dances and not the other competitors . Plus he’s taking it seriously, he’s trying his best , he’s taking on criticism and seems to be genuinely enjoying performing .

If I was being even more cynical ,I think Kym might need to leave before Blackpool because of the Waterloo road filming schedule 😂

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
2 for Tony just because... its TONY... and one for Helen as she was the one I enjoyed the most tonight..

What a shitshow of an episode. I need a lie down.

Reactions: 11
This was probably mentioned in an earlier thread so apologies but it really made me laugh when Amy asked James where he'd be without eastenders.
I really thought he was gonna say in prison or on drugs or something but no...scaffolding
A regular job!! 😮 The horror!!! 😱😱😭😭

• Haha
Reactions: 43
If James, Molly or Kym I wouldn't actually notice as I find them all forgettable. Personally I can't stand a supposed super fan like Jayde can't be arsed to learn one step. I want Will to stay in just to watch him act trying act like he's not going to punch someone giving him criticism

• Haha
Reactions: 21
This was probably mentioned in an earlier thread so apologies but it really made me laugh when Amy asked James where he'd be without eastenders.
I really thought he was gonna say in prison or on drugs or something but no...scaffolding
As a sob story, it wasn’t exactly up there was it.

if it wasn’t for Eastenders … Wobble lip… I would be … bites knuckles … working in an office …slumps to floor

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Balls. Bunged Tony all my votes to keep him in, then realised I probably should have sent a few to Helen. Hoping the fact she’s top of the leaderboard should keep her safe

Reactions: 9
They should have given the execution of it to me. I had GREAT ideas (and I'm modest too 😉)

"Will, you will be doing the Argentine Tango to the theme tune to Luther!"
"Yes boss!"
"Tyler, you will be doing a jive to the end song to Red Dwarf!"
"What a good idea, sir!"
"Helen, you are doing a Lovely Waltz to the BBC Shipping Forecast!
"Roger that, captain!"

See? They could have smashed it!
Surely we could have had theme to Red Dwarf, tongue tied , the theme to Rimmer world , some rastabilly skank, the theme to Androids and then closed with the Ohm song 😉😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’m from a family of scaffolders. The jump to shampoo salesman amused us.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Balls. Bunged Tony all my votes to keep him in, then realised I probably should have sent a few to Helen. Hoping the fact she’s top of the leaderboard should keep her safe
She's safe till the final.

Have a feeling Molly will be in DO.

Reactions: 2
I honestly feel Hamza will win it now over Helen.

That would make Jowita the first female pro ever to win her first season. Only a few pros have done it, all male.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
As a sob story, it wasn’t exactly up there was it.

if it wasn’t for Eastenders … Wobble lip… I would be … bites knuckles … working in an office …slumps to floor
It certainly doesn’t come close to ‘My sister … {sob} … is in an Andrew Lloyd Webber musicaaaaaallllll 😭😭😭😭😭

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Helen - disappointed with the music, expected it to be jazzed up abit
Tyler- fine
Fleur- gutted she can jive in training and those trousers hid her moves
James- rubbish tune and too much gapping
Ellie S - fab, and brilliant choreography
Molly - not for me and her parents angry faces 🤣, overmarked
Hamza - rubbish song but danced wonderfully and so naturally (I think Hamza is in love with jowita)
Ellie - music disappointing, she danced well but looked like a mannequin too. Great opening! Undermarked
Jayde- I thought she was going to do well but Karen overdanced and she didn't do much, but she can move her given the push.
Will - very tango and Paso, did well.
Tony - great homage to grandstand but if katya kept it simple without all the sport transitions, we could have seen him dance.
Kym- I totally forgot about her but the Angela intro was a lot of pressure on them!

Right off to catch up on the other strictly threads!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Forgot I was on delay and missed the chance to vote. Didn’t mind Kim tonight (wouldn’t have voted for her though) but I think it helped she had a decent song and not some awful theme tune.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.