Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread 🕺💃

In the last thread we delved into the Strictly archives, talked lecherous judges, discussed Gio's lack of social media posts about Richie and the continued delusion of the Rose and Gio shippers, and talked a bit about the dancing this series as well 😁

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Can I just ask, how many times now is it that Event X, Rose and Gio are going to come clean about their undying love for each other?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Loving the Strictly archives especially some of the less popular celebrities who have done some excellent dances.

Reactions: 3
My late contribution to favourite dances. This made me appreciate a good tango and as good as Jay's jive was, this is the one that I regularly go back and watch

• Heart
Reactions: 10
For the pure chaos factor, I would like a Rose/Nikita flirtation- why does G get to have all the fun dashing the shippers hopes?

Plus that would cast Nikita in the Maura/Nadiya role of evil vixen his hair and sass was born to play.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
For the pure chaos factor, I would like a Rose/Nikita flirtation- why does G get to have all the fun dashing the shippers hopes?

Plus that would cast Nikita in the Maura/Nadiya role of evil vixen his hair and sass was born to play.
I wish we'd had a Switch up week last year then we could have collectively had the Rose/Gio and KJ shippers losing it all at once.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The Rio shippers - I fear for the safety of any partner Rose and Gio may have that isn’t each other. I fascinated by them (shippers not Rose and Gio), I just can not get my head around them. Their obsession with them reminds me of the Netflix show - You. Although Gio saying in Dan Walkers book that he is addicted to Rose probably hasn’t helped.

The Rio shippers - I fear for the safety of any partner Rose and Gio may have that isn’t each other. I fascinated by them (shippers not Rose and Gio), I just can not get my head around them. Their obsession with them reminds me of the Netflix show - You. Although Gio saying in Dan Walkers book that he is addicted to Rose probably hasn’t helped.
I suspect Gio knows exactly what he's doing when he says stuff like that. Gotta make sure fans keep on buying tour tickets. Those double-breasted suits won't dry clean themselves!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I am having a crappy day today. These archive dances and Frasier reruns are helping me get through.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Another absolute cracker of a pro dance:

I was never much of a fan of ‘Stair-botherer’ Di Angelo (I think Gethin should have been runner-up that year), but I’ve always really liked this dance:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Got to be Ed balls and gangham style as one of funniest surely. I hope Helen Is ok and smashed it on Saturday. Been through something very similar myself with my ex. So hope doing strictly helps her deal with this and keeps her busy

• Heart
I'm still not convinced Gio had anything other than glitterballs in his eyes when he looked at Rose.
Same. When he said something like 'thank you to this young lady' in his victory speech, it very much came off to me like 'thanks for the glitterball, now on your way young lady, showmance over.'

That said, I'm of the possibly minority opinion that he didn't actually try to create romance rumours with Rose. It came off to me like he just shrugged and went with it after people started shipping them.

I think he genuinely likes her but also leaned into it at a certain point - he knows how this works. With previous partners he made clear statements (‘there’s nothing going on’). He’s apparently quoted in Dan Walker’s new book as saying :

"I woke up on a Monday morning after Strictly,’ says Giovanni, ‘and I think I was talking to you [Dan/BBC Breakfast] on the TV and it hit me . . . I am not going to see Rose today. It was horrible. I don’t mind telling you, I am addicted to Rose! You cannot stay away from her. She is contagious. I have to talk to her every day."

Also from Dan's book: ‘I have never cried before over Strictly,’ says Giovanni, ‘but that final day with Rose was ridiculous. Every time I heard her name, it would set me off.’ He starts running through some of the things Rose had to do to prepare for the final and then making the sound of someone sobbing. ‘Rose needs to go to make-up.’ [tears] ‘Rose needs to get her hair done.’ [tears] ‘We need Rose for an interview.’ [tears] ‘Rose is in the toilet.’ [tears] ‘I know,’ says Giovanni, gesticulating wildly as only an Italian can. ‘I even cried when she went to the toilet! I didn’t want it to finish. I was a complete mess. I am addicted to her."

Reactions: 7
I want Nancy's practice outfits. Obviously they wouldn't fit on my body.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.