Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #1

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
im guessing the aj and kai shippers are going ape tit.
Nope, they are all chill, just angry at The Sun for being idiots.

So do they have the weekend off now? It was said it was the end of rehearsals yesterday. Wondering if they have to stay in a bubble or allowed out?

So do they have the weekend off now? It was said it was the end of rehearsals yesterday. Wondering if they have to stay in a bubble or allowed out?
That story from last night appears to have been fabricated from that meal with Dan and the others on Thursday. She was with John etc in completely different clothes last night:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

Sara is home so they are clearly not bubbling now. Wonder if they will for the tour, or does performing in a 15,000 seater arena defeat the purpose?

Sara is home so they are clearly not bubbling now. Wonder if they will for the tour, or does performing in a 15,000 seater arena defeat the purpose?
I wonder if it's just the pros? I can't see Sara not seeing her young boys for 6 weeks all for the sake of a Strictly tour.

Are they doing a tour bubble ? I assumed it was like the show and there was no bubble. With the dates as they are they only seem to have 3 days off for the whole tour some of which will either be spent at home switching out dirty clothes for clean or in transition from one city to another. With regular testing and vaccines a bubble shouldn’t really be necessary. There’s not exactly a lot of time to do anything and down time In the day is usually for relaxing especially when there’s matinee shows.

Are they doing a tour bubble ? I assumed it was like the show and there was no bubble. With the dates as they are they only seem to have 3 days off for the whole tour some of which will either be spent at home switching out dirty clothes for clean or in transition from one city to another. With regular testing and vaccines a bubble shouldn’t really be necessary. There’s not exactly a lot of time to do anything and down time In the day is usually for relaxing especially when there’s matinee shows.
I would have thought having any touring show bubble would be impossible at the moment? It's not like we're in lockdown or anything. Like you say, I guess it will just be regular testing.

if they didn’t have a bubble system like last year’s on the main show and none of the individual countries of the UK have that in place then I would’ve thought it’s just follow the guidelines and take regular LFTs

Some of the comments about Maisie by KJ fans are so unnecessary (mainly on the DS thread)… calling her ‘immature’ for a 20 year old, ‘young looking’, comparing her to Kai’s sister (even though they look nothing alike). I mean it’s nothing nasty but they’re little digs intended to put Maisie down and downplay any possibility of romance developing between her and Kai (which is completely unfounded - I mean what are the chances of her and Kai developing something in the 3-4 weeks they have together, especially when they’re not bubbled up and are allowed to hang out with the other cast members?!). Meanwhile in the same sentence they’ll hype up AJ as if they’re directly comparing them and AJ is the obviously superior one. In general they treat AJ like an ethereal flawless goddess and Maisie like a little girl.

I saw someone the other day say they didn’t see how Maisie could possibly fit into AJ’s jive dress. I mean what? Yes AJ is very lean and slim but so is Maisie, she’s petite and tiny. What’s the need in implying that Maisie is bigger? I’ve never understood why people feel the need to pit women against each other. Both Maisie and AJ are stunning, confident, talented women. End of!

Also I hate to break it to KJ fans but Kai is closer in age to Maisie than he is to AJ — the reason why his age gap with Maisie seems more pronounced is because Kai looks old for his age. It has nothing to do with Maisie who literally looks 20 🙃

Reactions: 18
Some of the comments about Maisie by KJ fans are so unnecessary (mainly on the DS thread)… calling her ‘immature’ for a 20 year old, ‘young looking’, comparing her to Kai’s sister (even though they look nothing alike). I mean it’s nothing nasty but they’re little digs intended to put Maisie down and downplay any possibility of romance developing between her and Kai (which is completely unfounded - I mean what are the chances of her and Kai developing something in the 3-4 weeks they have together, especially when they’re not bubbled up and are allowed to hang out with the other cast members?!). Meanwhile in the same sentence they’ll hype up AJ as if they’re directly comparing them and AJ is the obviously superior one. In general they treat AJ like an ethereal flawless goddess and Maisie like a little girl.

I saw someone the other day say they didn’t see how Maisie could possibly fit into AJ’s jive dress. I mean what? Yes AJ is very lean and slim but so is Maisie, she’s petite and tiny. What’s the need in implying that Maisie is bigger? I’ve never understood why people feel the need to pit women against each other. Both Maisie and AJ are stunning, confident, talented women. End of!

Also I hate to break it to KJ fans but Kai is closer in age to Maisie than he is to AJ — the reason why his age gap with Maisie seems more pronounced is because Kai looks old for his age. It has nothing to do with Maisie who literally looks 20 🙃
I find them utterly creepy. The obsession with AJ is just cringe city.

Also, do they not know that dress alteration exists? Oh god, don't tell them - they'll be holding a midnight ritual for the cutting of AJ's sacred dress!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
What will these people do when the tour ends? Automatically move onto shipping another poor couple or carry on their lives until September and find someone else to fixate on? Or subtly rip apart any future partner gets because they’re not AJ?

Reactions: 4
What will these people do when the tour ends? Automatically move onto shipping another poor couple or carry on their lives until September and find someone else to fixate on? Or subtly rip apart any future partner gets because they’re not AJ?

I wonder if it will be the same thing as what happened with Mollie and AJ's thread - as soon as it became obvious there was nothing going on, it pretty much when from pages and pages a day to virtually no one posting on it at all. Although, tbf, AJ Pritchard became increasingly odd and unlikeable so that might have had something to do with it as well

Reactions: 3
Just a brief summary as I could write an essay.
You know I love the pair of them - together on the dance floor and separately. I’ve read pretty much every article written, watched all their insta posts/stories, listened to podcasts, old programnes they’ve been in, so got a pretty good idea of their backgrounds.
I’m 100% sure there was at least a fling between them during those 4 months, they were intense and way beyond anything I’ve seen before ( plus she never shut the rumours down, although I know she has history) , they are hot, single and why the hell not?
But - the ankle injury seems to have caused the end of something. I think they mutually friendzoned after that. She ( by what she has indicated) has been too upset to talk about the injury much and whatever else surrounded it, and is probably using this time away to reset and work on her career and be the queen she most definitely is.
So in conclusion- he can do what he likes with Maisie, he’s a young, handsome, single male that could have anyone.
I’m still a massive fan of both of them and look forward to whatever they do next.
Feel free to ignore my ramblings.
Eta - Maisie is a very pretty girl, her smoking is a right turn off though!

Last edited:
You know I love the pair of them - together on the dance floor and separately. I’ve read pretty much every article written, watched all their insta posts/stories, listened to podcasts, old programnes they’ve been in, so got a pretty good idea of their backgrounds.
I’m 100% sure there was at least a fling between them during those 4 months, they were intense and way beyond anything I’ve seen before ( plus she never shut the rumours down, although I know she has history) , they are hot, single and why the hell not?
But - the ankle injury seems to have caused the end of something. I think they mutually friendzoned after that. She ( by what she has indicated) has been too upset to talk about the injury much and whatever else surrounded it, and is probably using this time away to reset and work on her career and be the queen she most definitely is.
So in conclusion- he can do what he likes with Maisie, he’s a young, handsome, single male that could have anyone.
I’m still a massive fan of both of them and look forward to whatever they do next.
I think it should go without saying that he can do what he likes but why do people think they HAVE to do something romantically? By saying “he can do what he likes with Maisie” is insinuating that he has your blessing or they can get together - what if they don’t want to? What if they don’t fancy each other and they’re just there to do a job? Yes there have been romances but there have also been a lot of couples who danced and didn’t become intimate.

Reactions: 11
I think it should go without saying that he can do what he likes but why do people think they HAVE to do something romantically? By saying “he can do what he likes with Maisie” is insinuating that he has your blessing or they can get together - what if they don’t want to? What if they don’t fancy each other and they’re just there to do a job? Yes there have been romances but there have also been a lot of couples who danced and didn’t become intimate.
Absolutely- of course they can just be really pally and just enjoy each others company too!
We all know he’s a very funny, genuinely lovely man to his dance partners ( and a hard taskmaster when needed, he’s good at it), so he’ll be doing his best to make it a good experience for her.

I think the intense shipping of couples from the past two years kinda comes from the whole "strictly curse" reputation of the show. Like a lot of viewers are trying to see which couple is going to turn romantically linked. However, since 2018 no couples came out of the show. Granted in 2018, 3 actual couples were in the final so that was quite a lot but none since. And people now kinda want an announcement of a relationship the day after the final because that's what Joe sugg did. But that’s just an unrealistic thing to expect from every contestant ever.

Eta - Maisie is a very pretty girl, her smoking is a right turn off though!
Tbf, there is zero evidence anything is going on between Maisie and Kai - the tabloids write stuff like that about nearly every Strictly couple and it's nearly always nonsense. Both seem like lovely people but I wouldn't have thought they were that compatible in that respect

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.