Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
She very much denied it a few months ago in an interview, saying she'd only met him once. I guess this must have been around the time she'd signed up for Strictly, hence why she made a point of saying it was rubbish (to diffuse any awkwardness?)

Katie seems nice enough, but does strike me as a bit of a filler contestant. Nothing wrong with her as a Strictly booking, but I'm kind of hoping she's a bit too tall for Gorka and gets someone like Graziano or one of the new guys
I think I’m the only female who has never beeb romantically linked to Giovanni 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
I groaned when I saw Tom Fletcher. The whole family is insufferable. They are the kind of people that have to be bigger, better, greater….. sigh
With Giovanna winning IAC just last year, he’ll be on a relentless campaign to win. Something for us all to look forward to…

• Haha

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I can’t believe there are people complaining that they don’t know who Greg Wise is! He’s an actual film actor and husband of Emma Thompson FFS. I sometimes wonder who these Karen’s on social media expect? The Queen, Donald Trump and Lionel Messi were obviously too busy 🙄

• Haha

FairyOfTheBells

Any athlete who want to continue competing should give Strictly a very wide berth. If they don’t remember Jade Johnson, they should Will Bailey.
That was stupid. If you have a Paralympian whose disability affects his joints, why on Earth would you get him jump off a table multiple times? It was an accident waiting to happen.

Reactions: 12

Brummiebird

VIP Member
Daisy May Cooper is my dead cert for this year.

Martin or Roman Kemp as well as it’s the only programme they haven’t been on 🤣

Agreed. Crying lack diversity about whether they have someone from glasgow or Belfast is nonsense. Diversity is about disability, gender, race, sexuality and so on, not which part of the UK they are from.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I'd not heard of John Whaite before but he's already pissing me off with the constant stories his PR team are obviously putting out in the media. Already getting feelings of another Will Young who'll not be able to take any constructive criticism.

Been loving seeing Nicola Adams talking today on the Olympics. She's so interesting and lovely and can't understand how she ended up coming across as boring on strictly. If she is back, I hope they try her with someone else as Katya didn't work
No doubt he’ll whinge about homophobia if he doesn’t get very far as well. I pity his poor partner already!

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
Am i the only one who really dislikes anton 😭 his scores last year were ridiculous
I actually like Anton but I do agree his scores were overly generous last year. I would like to think his scoring was like that because he knew he was only doing the judging on a temporary basis and didn’t want to rock the boat amongst his peers (fellow dancers) as he would be back in the fold again not long after.

Now he’s going to be a judge for an entire series hopefully he will score a bit more honestly and be more consistent

UnknownTattler

VIP Member
Like him or not, Tom is a well known signing and probably will make it a fair distance on fanbase unless a total damp squib. Not quite sure which pro I see him with.

Never heard of Robert (slightly younger demographic) but seems like someone who could have a good go at it, may even surprise like Bill did. A different type of partner for Dianne maybe?

I knew of AJ and I think she's a good fit for the show personality wise. Maybe not a ringer (correct me if wrong) but has the youthfulness and energy to do quite well. I'd pick one of the new guys for her.

Have you never watched Peep Show?!

• Haha
  • Heart

Hodgies

Chatty Member
I’m Scottish and don’t get this need for someone from each nation. It’s not that deep. Picking from each nation isn’t diversity IMO.

Not going to get into a political debate, but I equally don’t need someone to be Scottish for me to root for them.
Also Scottish, absolutely despised JJ last year so it's not about "I need a Scottish person to cheer on" but it's incredibly lazy to not even try and have a mixed bag of celebrities from all over the country.

petitspois

VIP Member
Nicola seemed like Joe Calzaghe to me, really wooden and kept trotting out the same boxing cliches all the time.

PontiacBandit

Chatty Member
I'd like to see Gorka (swoon) paired with AJ alas I think he might be paired with a duffer.

I liked his and Maisie's technical partnership last year but her personality left me cold!
I can't see them giving him a contender this year on that basis.

Giovanni's 'romances' always strike me as fauxmances.

I keep imagining AJ the ex-pro any time AJ (Odudu) is mentioned 😂
I bet he's cross he burned his bridges with Strictly in the current climate!

Last edited:

glasgow27

VIP Member
Great news! Win-win situation - we get 4 judges and a new pro gets a chance instead of another series of Anton dragging around a duffer. It was definitely time for him to leave the pro roster and I reckon he'll make a good judge.

Looks like potentially 4 new pros now, excellent stuff.