Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
I'm going to miss her - she just seems like a very kind person. I saw someone in the comments suggest Stacey Dooley should take over. For the love of god, please no 😱. I'm guessing Rylan will do all week now, and I'm fine with that if it means no Dooley or Joe Sugg or any other annoying ex-contestants doing it

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 16

Chark

I totally agree with all the comments about CC, but I will say that Faye and Giovanni's jazz dance is easily one of my all time favourite dances on Strictly!!

Reactions: 15

Guitarwarrior

VIP Member
I can actually see Tom leaving quite early (I hope) I don’t think he’s as well liked as the public think

when is the next announcement? Who will be the obligatory EE cast member this year?
There’s a lot of people vastly over estimating just how many fans tom/mcfly have. Harry won ten years ago but he was actually really good (went on to tour rip it up with other ex strictly celebs). Toms success all depends on who else is announced. After the furlough thing I think a lot of people will be put off.

But he’s also just smug and insufferable and I think his quirky dad persona will wear thin quickly.

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
I really don't understand why Strictly is bending over backwards to try and keep Bruno on the show. He costs them a fortune, and for the last few years has seemed completely disinterested - I get why they don't want to be seen to let anyone go during a pandemic, but last year just showed how much they don't need him. I'm still not entirely sold on Anton as a judge, but let's face it, he can't be a pro for too much longer and they need to find him something else to do

I don't think anyone is bigger than the show, but Craig would be a huge loss if he ever decided to leave. So let's hope that never happens 🤞

Dimads

I’d like to see Giovanni with no one but unfortunately I know that’s not going to happen. I seriously can’t stand the man. Thinks he’s the best thing since sliced bread 🙄

Reactions: 14

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
They announced this morning Rhys Stephenson. No doubt to be the new Karim. Interestingly he's also represented by Joe Sugg's media company so let's hope he wins instead of his boss 😂

Apologies guys I’m going to be that person but I have never heard of Rhys I stopped being CBBC’s demographic a very long time ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Rumours circling around that we have a male same-sex pairing this year.

I hate sounding homophobic, it goes against everything in me (I am gay myself) but am I wrong to just not like when they do this? And it sounds like they're turning it into yet another one of their quotas (which means that LGBT celebs could be coerced into it though can't prove that for sure). It didn't work with H/Matt on DOI, it didn't work with Nicola/Katya on SCD, it leads to a bunch of bigots mouthing off homophobic bile on social media and generally, pros don't seem to be able to adjust their choreo for it. It does nothing for LGBT rights/visibility either IMO - it's just dancing, hardly groundbreaking like certain rights being introduced were (as much as H from Steps may think otherwise).
Doing it for the sake of doing it is pointless. But if the celeb wants a same sex partnership and there is a good dynamic between them and the dancer then great. But I do agree (as a gay man) it could easily become a box ticking exercise.

Reactions: 13

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
Yeah I really really missed Bruno last year, his dramatic but he was really missed I have to say
I’m not a fan, I think it was quite funny to begin with but it’s been a bit samey the last few years he’s been there.

Craig, imo, is the only one who gives fair critique and doesn’t have an agenda - Motsi is too emotional and focuses on things like energy rather than technique and Shirley obviously had the most experience and knowledge but her marking is sometimes odd. Anton did good in the couple of weeks he got so I hope he gets another shot

Chilli pepper 19

VIP Member
I'm fully expecting Oti to be announced as the next James Bond next week, followed by taking over from the Queen at Christmas for the Queen's speech.

• Haha