Strictly Come Dancing 2021

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who I'd like to see taking part
Chris witty
Snoop dog
Peter crouch
Coleen rooney
Dominic cummings
Vicky mcClure
Richard madely
Not a huge fan of any, just after a watchable bunch minus you tube and reality folks.

Reactions: 4
Chris witty
Snoop dog
Peter crouch
Coleen rooney
Dominic cummings
Vicky mcClure
Richard madely
Not a huge fan of any, just after a watchable bunch minus you tube and reality folks.
Snoop would be the best signing EVER! Can just seem him tango-ing round, stoned af...not sure Shirley would approve though.

I think it would do Coleen Rooney the world of good. And I can just see Wayne in the audience, seething that she’s getting attention from another man

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Chris witty
Snoop dog
Peter crouch
Coleen rooney
Dominic cummings
Vicky mcClure
Richard madely
Vicki McClure is a great call! Would love to see her on it, she seems so fun and likeable!

Reactions: 11
Vicki McClure is a great call! Would love to see her on it, she seems so fun and likeable!
She was saying on the Jonathan Ross show that she had done a wee bit of ballet so she’d be hated on from the start 🙄

Very likeable, I would love it if she did it

Reactions: 5
Chris witty
Snoop dog
Peter crouch
Coleen rooney
Dominic cummings
Vicky mcClure
Richard madely
Peter Crouch & Richard Madeley in the same lineup - that would definitely fill the quota of tall and very awkward movers! Poor Nadiya & Luba.

• Haha
Just saw on Twitter that it's the show's 17th birthday today! Happy Birthday to Strictly!

Could we get 17 more years of it?

For reasons I can’t quite understand, I can’t stop watching this 😂. I mentioned this on his thread earlier, I saw a comment where someone rightly asked how there can be zero chemistry in two actual real-life brothers!

AJ made a huge mistake leaving Strictly imo and I think Curtis might have been the one encouraging him to leave

Reactions: 11
AJ made a huge mistake leaving Strictly imo and I think Curtis might have been the one encouraging him to leave
As much as I think it was a mistake in that he was giving up what he was good at (and he's done himself no favours - he's totally sold any dignity he had), I can't fully blame him for leaving as the 2019 series was a disaster and it felt kinda toxic, wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't a happy ship behind the scenes and he'd had enough of it. They came quite close to losing me as a viewer so I can only imagine what it was like working there. I was kinda surprised that more didn't choose to leave other than him & Kevin.

Thankfully last year was a better atmosphere and I really hope it stays that way if it's more of a 'normal' series this year.

Reactions: 1
As much as I think it was a mistake in that he was giving up what he was good at (and he's done himself no favours - he's totally sold any dignity he had), I can't fully blame him for leaving as the 2019 series was a disaster and it felt kinda toxic, wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't a happy ship behind the scenes and he'd had enough of it. I was kinda surprised that more didn't choose to leave other than him & Kevin.
I see what you mean but I’m sure Curtis is pulling his strings. You never see AJ or AJ and his girlfriend without Curtis hanging about. And it was reported they wanted to be the new Ant and Dec, which is fine if they were both onboard but AJ appeared to be quite popular and I think he could’ve won it one day. Curtis on the other hand...

He did well that year though, Saffron wasn’t exactly a natural but they got far. And if all the pros, some new and not so new stayed then maybe it wasn’t as toxic as it seemed, or at least not enough for them to Jack it all in 🤷🏻‍♀️

One of the LoD cast would be a good shout! Shirley was on Radio 2 earlier hinting she *might* be going in the Jungle, any rumours on this?

• Wow
One of the LoD cast would be a good shout! Shirley was on Radio 2 earlier hinting she *might* be going in the Jungle, any rumours on this?
Would that not be on at the same time as Strictly though? I heard it would be in Wales again but they’re maybe bringing it forward

Reactions: 2
Would that not be on at the same time as Strictly though? I heard it would be in Wales again but they’re maybe bringing it forward
Yeah that’s what I thought! To be fair the presenter was joking around but Shirley wasn’t denying it either!

With a bit of luck she is and they've to get a new judge! Can't watch another season of her low cut dresses, cleavage on show, flirting shamelessly with the young males!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Shirley can't do the jungle for as long as she's on Strictly unless they changed the schedules of either show (very unlikely, both are ratings hits).

I think this should maybe be the last year for some people - everyone sacrificed to get through the restricted COVID year so got a free pass to do this year but it's time for some changes after it and I'd maybe put Shirley on the list because it just seems like the public can't take to her. Shame because she is a legend in the dance world but it is a TV show at the end of the day. I'd look into getting past pros onto the panel who are qualified to judge both ballroom & latin - good for the audience (familiarity) and the respect of ballroom. I know he was stuck in the dark ages in some ways but the show's judging hasn't really recovered since Len left. Shirley was a good choice on paper but didn't work in practice and they should have never hired Motsi nor should they pander to Bruno to keep him onboard, if you can't judge 2 years in a row, let someone else get the gig.

I'd take Shirley staying another 5 years beyond this year over any more of Motsi though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Yeah that’s what I thought! To be fair the presenter was joking around but Shirley wasn’t denying it either!
I wouldn’t be surprised if they brought IAC forward, maybe to try and get better weather. But if they’re able to put Strictly back to the old format, it would start in September. Weird how she didn’t outright deny it though....🤔

Funny that we were mentioning Peter Crouch because he's garnered a fair bit of discussion on the Digital Spy thread as a rumour!

Could he equal Abbey and win it? The Swedish version just had their final yesterday and their winner (who is really good looking IMO) is the second in his family to win it as his mother won 2 years before. I think Abbey is the only winner with a particularly famous relative/spouse so it would be interesting if Peter could do the same over here (probably not given his height though).

Personally I think if anyone from football is likely to at least be considered it’s probably Jermaine Jenas. He’s got a lot of fingers in a lot of pies right now (football focus/MOTD/general match day pundit/the one show at least once a week/commentary). I think Peter would be too awkward and stiff like David James was. (And production would 110% have him do the bloody robot and dancing to Vindaloo by fat les)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Personally I think if anyone from football is likely to at least be considered it’s probably Jermaine Jenas. He’s got a lot of fingers in a lot of pies right now (football focus/MOTD/general match day pundit/the one show at least once a week/commentary). I think Peter would be too awkward and stiff like David James was. (And production would 110% have him do the bloody robot and dancing to Vindaloo by fat les)
Jermaine is apparently due to be a father soon so he's probably out for this year unless he plans to be Ashley Taylor Dawson 2.0.

One slightly less known football name that I've seen who could be a good shout is Micah Richards, he does a bit of punditry and seems to enjoy some dancing plus is a big personality. I reckon he'd fill the Jamie Laing style role and think he'd be a good palate cleanser for Dianne after the last two series of dull early exit celebs.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.