Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Random thoughts

- I liked Nancy's choreography, Rhys has a retro way of dancing lol
- It would be been good if Dianne had Robert to do that Russian squat dance in the routine
- I actually thought Tom was quite decent in an awkward, gangly kind of way 🤫
- Nina was great, she really surprised me
- Shirley just seemed to bring the mood down and made everyone feel awkward
- John and Johannes were brilliant, his partner didn't look too pleased though!
- I thought Katie and Gorka were good but she might fade into the background
I thought the same about John’s partner.

Reactions: 3
I really don’t think Tom Fletcher is going to last very long.
He shouldn’t but he’ll get a lot of votes. If Gi won I’m a Celeb when she was so boring then he’s bound to go far but hopefully won’t get near the final.

Any screenshots of John's BF?
If you watch John’s Instagram stories you’ll see him at home after the show with his boyfriend.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Yeah McFly fans are completely obsessive. He will go far even though he doesn’t deserve it and better dancers will go before their time. It wasn‘t so bad with Harry because he was the best dancer and wasn’t anywhere near as irritating as Tom is. Remember that Dougie also won IAC despite the fact that show was heavily biased in favour of Mark Wright winning.

He’s in for the long haul I’m afraid🤬🤬🤬

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I feel like Sara's routine could have been decent if she actually danced it instead of walking though it - maybe too much emphasis on getting the steps right and not the actual performance? I think she's the one most in danger next week, especially if she has quite a sedate ballroom that might not stand out

A bit worried about Katie as she doesn't seem to have made much of an impression, and I need my Gorka fix for at least a few more weeks please 🙏

Reactions: 17
Tom's already unlikeable with many viewers and so the last thing he needs is an arrogant partner arguing with the judge's. The viewers didn't like it with James Jordan and Brendan and it'll only send him home earlier. I think the previous poster is right about her jealousy of Dianne as there were rumours of Amy's behaviour on the tour and she's had some sort of personality transplant since.

I was pleasantly shocked by John's ability but on his twitter James Jordan is alluding to the fact John has a lot of previous experience. Anyone heard of this before? Personally I don't care as long as they're entertaining
Ooh forgot completely to see what JJ had to say! Will check his comments out soon...
What p!ssed me off about Amy & Tom was their appearance at the gig/gigs...the bloody mc fly vote could keep them in longer than they deserve.

I was glad there was no vote last night , so many amazing performances, Rose is a little doll, AJ was great, John &Jojo stunning! Adam amazing ... Katie not bad. Rhys ok, Dan better than expected

Ugo, melted my heart, how did he dance
after his dads funeral❤..

The judges 🙄 Shirley such a cow, Judi got 6 and Rose only 4... 🙄🙄
Mr Anton Du Beke 👏 Vibes of head judge about him, he looked the part, was fair and consistent....made the lemon on his right look like a sour old cow ...

Reactions: 21
Yeah McFly fans are completely obsessive. He will go far even though he doesn’t deserve it and better dancers will go before their time. It wasn‘t so bad with Harry because he was the best dancer and wasn’t anywhere near as irritating as Tom is. Remember that Dougie also won IAC despite the fact that show was heavily biased in favour of Mark Wright winning.

He’s in for the long haul I’m afraid🤬🤬🤬
The one thing I'll add though is since then their popularity has dropped, and Tom himself is one of the least popular among fans. Worth looking at the mcfly thread on here. Quite a lot of former fans of theirs.

He will probably still do well but not sure it's as sure thing as it used to be

Reactions: 12
If you watch John’s Instagram stories you’ll see him at home after the show with his boyfriend.
I’ve just noticed he’s deleted that story now but probably as it gave the game away that it’s actually filmed in the afternoon! I always laugh when the judges say ‘today’ instead of ‘this evening’!

Reactions: 9
I’ve just noticed he’s deleted that story now but probably as it gave the game away that it’s actually filmed in the afternoon! I always laugh when the judges say ‘today’ instead of ‘this evening’!
What’s filmed in the afternoon?

Reactions: 1
John has changed so much in recent years, definitely more of a stereotype and attention seeking personality compared to how he used to be. That must change relationship dynamic even before strictly.

All the attention seemed to be on john and johannes but tbh I think Rose was the bigger breakthrough story and achievement.

Reactions: 16
Yes I just clicked on and couldn't see it.

The main show is filmed live, the Sunday show is pre recorded
Why do they show themselves in the morning on their Instagram getting hair and makeup done so early if they don’t dance until the evening and why do the judges often say ‘today’ instead of ‘tonight’?!

John had a story of him back at home with his boyfriend and a friend cooking for them which was relatively early considering how late the show finished etc plus he’s since deleted it!

Why do they show themselves in the morning on their Instagram getting hair and makeup done so early if they don’t dance until the evening and why do the judges often say ‘today’ instead of ‘tonight’?!

John had a story of him back at home with his boyfriend and a friend cooking for them which was relatively early considering how late the show finished etc plus he’s since deleted it!
I mean they have 15 contestants and their pro to do hair and makeup on. They have to dress them and they're is a last dress run on the day of the show. You can't really do that on a 2 hour time line.

Reactions: 14

The hair and make up starts very early. There’s only a few make up artists and stylists and each contestant and pro plus the judges and presenters need their hair and make up doing and it probably takes even longer now to due social distancing. It takes a whole day and they have the dress rehearsal to do as well. The main show is live then the Sunday show is pre recorded after the main show

Reactions: 13
The hair and make up starts very early. There’s only a few make up artists and stylists and each contestant and pro plus the judges and presenters need their hair and make up doing and it probably takes even longer now to due social distancing. It takes a whole day and they have the dress rehearsal to do as well. The main show is live then the Sunday show is pre recorded after the main show
Have you been to a recording then? Any idea why they always say ‘today’ not ‘tonight’?

So what time do they film the Sunday show on the Saturday evening then if they have to wait for the votes etc? Must be a bloody long day, I’m surprised they don’t get Sundays off?

They have rehearsals to do. Run through the running order, make sure lights, sound, camera placings are all correct. They don’t just wing it on the night they would do a full run through without the audience and then go live with the audience

Reactions: 3
They have a dress rehearsal so there’s time to make emergency adjustments if necessary. There’s also currently 30 people to get ready and only half a dozen or so hair and make up people.
Same amount of wardrobe people. It takes far longer than you realise… especially an elaborate hair do like what Dianne had.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.