Strictly come Dancing 2021 #24 2021 final

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry to be ageist but Anton is in his 50s, he was actually older than every female celeb this year and can't handle celebs who don't do the joke act routine plus pretty much all of the younger pros can dance circles around him. What asset is he to the pro lineup? He has a new role that he's actually good at, keep him in it and don't f*ck this one up BBC. You'll just screw a younger pro out of having their shot.

I actually would consider not watching next year if a young pro got ditched for Anton to do his usual 2-3 weeks with a duffer and Bruno to return with his usual schtick that we've already seen for over 15 years. And it's not like Bruno isn't earning plenty of money judging at the Tyra Show in the States.
Bruno had to pick one and he chose America. Unless he’s still under contract I don’t think they should take him back. I’m not a fan of his theatrics and he was seriously lacking any constructive criticism towards the end. Anton seems to be a popular judge.

Craig clearly doesn’t like Anton (either at all or just as a judge, it was awkward when Craig made a dig about Austin Powers and nobody laughed) so I wouldn’t be surprised if the whole “it’s been great working with you Tess and Claud” was his way of subtly saying “if he stays, I go”…but giving Anton a contestant would be a huge step backward. Maybe he could present the show?

Reactions: 20
Bruno had to pick one and he chose America. Unless he’s still under contract I don’t think they should take him back. I’m not a fan of his theatrics and he was seriously lacking any constructive criticism towards the end. Anton seems to be a popular judge.

Craig clearly doesn’t like Anton (either at all or just as a judge, it was awkward when Craig made a dig about Austin Powers and nobody laughed) so I wouldn’t be surprised if the whole “it’s been great working with you Tess and Claud” was his way of subtly saying “if he stays, I go”…but giving Anton a contestant would be a huge step backward. Maybe he could present the show?
I get the feeling the other judges don’t like Anton. Craig has a travel programme in ITV with Bruno where they go touring somewhere. So maybe his loyalty is with Bruno

Reactions: 4
I get the feeling the other judges don’t like Anton. Craig has a travel programme in ITV with Bruno where they go touring somewhere. So maybe his loyalty is with Bruno
I thought after they were caught rolling their eyes at him on the Sunday show Shirley and Motsi at least pretended they didn’t hate him so much!

Fair enough if the BBC sacked Bruno but he made his choice so I don’t think that’s a true test of Craig’s loyalty - my mate didn’t want the job but I don’t want you to have it either!

Reactions: 5
In terms of body language, that’s the first time I’ve got definite ‘couple’ vibes from them.
Did you notice her dress was backless? He therefore spend that whole interview rubbing that bare patch , which is fairly intimate for a ‘FFL’. They continue to intrigue me with their mixed messages!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Did you notice her dress was backless? He therefore spend that whole interview rubbing that bare patch , which is fairly intimate for a ‘FFL’. They continue to intrigue me with their mixed messages!
He also spends an inordinate amount of time with his hand on her arse!

I would hope he was more professional than that ( although he is clearly irritated by having Motsi next to him)

It wasn't so much the stroking of her bare back it was the slow caresses they weren't the sort of comforting stokes you give if someone was upset.

Okay, I was looking for a reason to leave this thread and the shipping has done it.

Creeps
Me
Out

See ya next year, Tattlers!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Okay, I was looking for a reason to leave this thread and the shipping has done it.

Creeps
Me
Out

See ya next year, Tattlers!
No ones shipping simply an observation like many others we have made over the course of the show.

Reactions: 6
No ones shipping simply an observation like many others we have made over the course of the show.
From the little I know of shipping, I think there has been some on here - not enough to make me leave but, imo, there definitely has been some.

For what it’s worth I think they’re both attractive and they would make a lovely couple…but I honestly don’t care whether they are/have/will be doing the horizontal tango. Yes it’s up to me to scroll by (which I do) but I just wanted to say I could see where Fillyjonk was coming from.

And I’m saying this from absolutely the right place but there are some real AJ and/or Kai fans and as long as you have the appropriate ‘privileges’, anyone can start a thread in the rave section - I feel I need to stress that I’m not asking anyone to stop posting here to trying to moderate, merely pointing out there is also that option.

• Heart
Whew, just catching up on all this - thought Rose was always going to win but honestly, I thought John danced far better on the night. I was so disappointed with Rose's dances - I think they played to people's emotions big time rather than showing off her actual dancing ability and it didn't sit right with me.

What was that showdance all about?! It was one big lift and a load of contemporary swishing about which they'd already done in the CC. Such weird choices, all one-note. I thought Gio would be way more strategic than that, or was it all pushed on them by the creative director?!

I hadn't been John's biggest fan throughout the series but I thought he brought his A-game in the final, did three dances that showed all his skills and left it all on the floor. Peaked at the right time, his showdance was very memorable.

The finale REALLY needed AJ. Between everyone crying about how charming Rose was and the barriers that J/J have broken, it all just got a bit much. It needed someone to bring the party vibe and AJ definitely would have brought a bit of levity.

The whole thing ended up being a bit of an anticlimax for me. The right person won but I didn't feel as invested.

Also, Jeanette can really dance. I wasn't even watching Aljaz throughout their performance and that takes some doing for me 🥴

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I think yes Bruno and Craig move in similar circles. Anton as a happily married man with family has less in common than the two aging bachelors

Just seen on his Instagram that Kai has been gifted his all white teeth. Two tone teeth are no more.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Just seen on his Instagram that Kai has been gifted his all white teeth. Two tone teeth are no more.
He debuted them in his ITT and final interview last week :) Wish he’d said in his post ‘Can you all stop going on about my two tone teeth now?’ :)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
My husband noticed them on Saturday night 😂. He didn’t see the two tone until I mentioned it but he was quick to spot them!

Well played Kai, saved yourself a fortune there fella!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
They do have rather curious and interesting body language and have done for some weeks now. He does have a habit of looking at her like she’s some precious thing whenever she’s talking.

We’re kind of “due” a big strictly romance as we’ve not had one for a few years. So if they are they are and I’d be happy but if they’re not then they’re not and that’s fine too.
(But some of their body language does make me sway towards they are)

Reactions: 1
I'm surprised Kai didn't post anything on his social media congratulating Gio and Rose like everyone else does; I'm sure he did it in person but still.............🤷‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.