Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s never been one of the bad ones IMO, at least never been outright aggressive to me. Can’t say the same for a few others, some real angry, confrontational people there.

The scariest one at DS always had to be the Brazilian poster who was obsessed with AJ. Something really off with them.
Oh I know who you are talking about very very odd poster. Tad unhinged and for someone living in Brazil she didn't half know a lot about British TV and Culture.

Reactions: 4
Is anyone else enjoying watching the slow meltdown of some AJ/Kai fans on DS and social media as they grapple with the idea that Rose might beat their favourite? If it isn’t that Rose’s dances are dull then it’s that she’s “pushing her deafness” or being overmarked. I say this as a Danny Mac fan who’s still bitter five years later so I get what it’s like to be invested in someone you believe should win but their dislike of Rose is very amusing to me.
It's been my main entertainment today! 😂

I appreciate being completely invested in a couple, but it's new levels!
Theyre really struggling with the fact they had a bad week, lbr, even before they fucked the lift... The dance wasn't that good, I thought AJ looked really uncomfortable with the whole thing!

Now they want Anton gone as he dared to go on about it and was "making fun of them" 🙄
...I need some popcorn! 😂

Reactions: 4
There is some mad stuff going round. I get being invested in a couple, but claiming it's a fix/AJ was undermarked is bollocks. They need to get used to the idea AJ is not winning!
Exactly. I read some comments about how AJ was set-up to fail last night which is ridiculous because there was chatter all week about how she'd close the show and get a perfect score. She messed up the lift and while it's unfortunate, as Craig says, that's life.

Lol that's how I felt about Danny mac fans when Ore won 🤣
It is starting to remind me of those days! Danny was phenomenal but I can admit that Ore's jive was excellent and his show dance was by far the best and helped secure his win. It's one of my favourite show dances of all-time.

Reactions: 3
I hate the whole "Rose is pushing her deafness" complaint/argument...?
Like it's something she has control over... its literally her life and how she lives every single day, the struggles she's faced and how hard she needs to work to "fit in" to "normal" society!
she's raising awareness for a whole community of people! Which is frankly an amazing thing!!

I, for one, am much more aware of the struggles faced by the deaf community and have even looked into learning some BSL, something I never thought of much previously!
Anyone thinking Rose is "pushing" this for votes/sympathy really needs to consider their train of thought!

Apologies for the rant...it just really riles me up! 🙈😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
It is starting to remind me of those days! Danny was phenomenal but I can admit that Ore's jive was excellent and his show dance was by far the best and helped secure his win. It's one of my favourite show dances of all-time.
oh, i adored his showdance! i think it might be one of the best the show has ever had; i find a lot of pros think showdance and chuck everything they can at it, while the best ones are always the ones that have a solid theme and style throughout. it was gorgeous and i'm literally on my way to youtube right now to watch it again.

Reactions: 2
Oh I know who you are talking about very very odd poster. Tad unhinged and for someone living in Brazil she didn't half know a lot about British TV and Culture.
They were also vile to Saffron whilst totally worshipping two of his other partners (Mollie & Lauren). I think they also tried to insist that Lauren was as good as Rose is (not true and I think comparing two celebs purely because both have a disability is a tad distasteful).

Reactions: 6
Like it's something she has control over... its literally her life and how she lives every single day, she's raising awareness for a whole community of people! Which is frankly an amazing thing!!
i hate it too. it's not like it's an angle (like the constant mentioning of tom's children etc), it's her life and forms an integral part both of how she dances and how giovanni teaches her. are they supposed to never mention it? it directly impacts on her routines and how she dances. i've seen people on twitter talk about it like it's a sob story she's pushing and they're bored of it, which makes me so angry.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Bruno can duck off. He chose the inferior DWTS over Strictly, so he can whistle as far as I’m concerned.

Reactions: 29
She’s never been one of the bad ones IMO, at least never been outright aggressive to me. Can’t say the same for a few others, some real angry, confrontational people there.

The scariest one at DS always had to be the Brazilian poster who was obsessed with AJ (Pritchard). Something really off with them.
is that the dynamite woman

Reactions: 1
Unfortunately he’s back for the tour. They ditched Anton for that with Craig and Shirley gushing how marvellous.
I don't think Anton has ever done the tour.

I'd love to know who the BBC are talking to. As far as I can tell most forums and tweets are in favour of anton over Bruno. They'd be made to bring him back, in fact I'd keep him and refresh the panel
I normally take forums and twitter opinions with a pinch of salt but there is not one forum I read and the vast majority of Tweets are loving Anton as a judge. Even the comments under DM article are favourable and that never happens :ROFLMAO:

DS scares me a bit. I don't understand why it always has to be one against the other. You can't say you thought AJ was a bit rubbish without an AJ fan having to criticise Rose, and you can't say you think Rose is sometimes overmarked without a Rose fan criticising AJ. I would be thrilled if either of them won.
Everything is a fight on DS. It's the reason I left.

I've never been that invested for any celeb on any show to win something. I find it a bit weird. I have my favourites obviously but it is a bit of fluff TV after all.

Last edited:
Like it's something she has control over... its literally her life and how she lives every single day, the struggles she's faced and how hard she needs to work to "fit in" to "normal" society!
she's raising awareness for a whole community of people! Which is frankly an amazing thing!!

I, for one, am much more aware of the struggles faced by the deaf community and have even looked into learning some BSL, something I never thought of much previously!
Anyone thinking Rose is "pushing" this for votes/sympathy really needs to consider their train of thought!

Apologies for the rant...it just really riles me up! 🙈😂
I agree. Her deafness is an integral part of who she is and her Strictly journey. And she's only done two dances that incorporated her deafness and even then it was for no more than ten seconds each time! To not use their time on ITT or with Claudia to discuss how they achieve what they do would do both Rose and Giovanni a disservice because it takes a huge amount of work for them to produce their dances. Personally, I am fascinated about how they work to create such wonderful dances and I could happily hear far more from them about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
😆 if Gio is spoken of badly it's like a full on bat signal! The funny thing is watching her every year pretending she really loves his partner only to ditch them faster than Gio the minute the final curtain comes down.
Yeah, she adored Ranvir last year and now it's as if she never existed and Gio has never shown a softer side till 2021! I do worry for their blood pressure on final night - I don't think Gio has ever gone in as favourite before: with Georgia, Jay was probably going to win, with Faye I guess Stacey was the clear fave, and with Debbie it was Joe..

I agree. Her deafness is an integral part of who she is and her Strictly journey. And she's only done two dances that incorporated her deafness and even then it was for no more than ten seconds each time! To not use their time on ITT or with Claudia to discuss how they achieve what they do would do both Rose and Giovanni a disservice because it takes a huge amount of work for them to produce their dances. Personally, I am fascinated about how they work to create such wonderful dances and I could happily hear far more from them about it.
i wish they talked about it more too! i find it really interesting how giovanni uses props (the signs last night, the camera in their samba) to help count her into the dance - i was just reading an article in the times about them where he mentions counting her a beat ahead of what he's actually dancing, which must be incredibly difficult. it's too both of their credit that they never seem to play that aspect of it up.

Reactions: 13
Same! ❤ they work so hard every week!
I was fascinated by Giovanni explaining how he was guiding Rose 1/2 a beat ahead at the start of their Paso!! And I really wish we got to see more of this and how they work things every week!

Reactions: 8
Danny Mac was robbed, and it was an absolute travesty that Joe McFadden won over BOTH Debbie McGee and Alexandra Burke in 2017. He was one of the most overrated winners I can remember. I only remember the Charleston he did (and it was only good because of Katya's choreography).

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.