Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
oh, i adored his showdance! i think it might be one of the best the show has ever had; i find a lot of pros think showdance and chuck everything they can at it, while the best ones are always the ones that have a solid theme and style throughout. it was gorgeous and i'm literally on my way to youtube right now to watch it again.
I am a sucker for a good ballroom-based show dance and they're the ones I tend to remember. I loved Tom and Camilla's and Faye and Giovanni's as well. And while I thought Joe was a very average dancer, his rock-based ballroom show dance was really enjoyable.

When it comes to show dances this year, I have a feeling that Giovanni's experience will help him and Rose. He's been in three finals and he's always done a great job of working with the outside choreographers to craft show dances that perfectly suit each of his partners, resisting the urge to chuck every style possible in there. Kai's done one show dance before on DTWS Ireland but Johannes, Nadiya and Nancy would be putting together their first ever show dance. I could particularly see Johannes being tempted to do a "everything including the kitchen sink" show dance for John which would be a shame as it never has the same impact as one with a great theme.

Reactions: 2
Danny Mac was robbed, and it was an absolute travesty that Joe McFadden won over BOTH Debbie McGee and Alexandra Burke in 2017. He was one of the most overrated winners I can remember. I only remember the Charleston he did (and it was only good because of Katya's choreography).
i was SHOCKED when he won - the only dance i really remember of his is their argentine tango where they did that really cool lift at the end which involved katya lifting him. it came completely out of leftfield to me because everyone i spoke to or saw online was saying they were voting for debbie.

edit: wait i also remember his showdance for katya's colour changing dress. that's probably it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Danny Mac was robbed, and it was an absolute travesty that Joe McFadden won over BOTH Debbie McGee and Alexandra Burke in 2017. He was one of the most overrated winners I can remember. I only remember the Charleston he did (and it was only good because of Katya's choreography).
I voted for Joe that year! Actually I’ve voted the winner every single year I’ve watched it. I voted both Ore and Danny though , so it’s all my fault! My head says Rose, but my heart says AJ this year.

Reactions: 5
i was SHOCKED when he won - the only dance i really remember of his is their argentine tango where they did that really cool lift at the end whic involved katya lifting him.
How did she do this?? Between that and the plank lift this year.. (oh and they did a cool lift/roll thing at the end of the charleston that year too)

• Heart
Reactions: 11
i hate it too. it's not like it's an angle (like the constant mentioning of tom's children etc), it's her life and forms an integral part both of how she dances and how giovanni teaches her. are they supposed to never mention it? it directly impacts on her routines and how she dances. i've seen people on twitter talk about it like it's a sob story she's pushing and they're bored of it, which makes me so angry.
So agree - part of the whole reason she is doing the show is to raise awareness - with her interpreters, with signing all the time, with explaining how they are doing things when she can’t hear the music. It’s part of the BBC educate remit if nothing else - I’m learning a lot. I’m sure everyone who has no Deaf person in their life is learning something. And people want to learn BSL. All positive - and she never cries about it, it’s not a sob story, because she is so positive about being Deaf - another milestone for TV.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
How did she do this?? Between that and the plank lift this year.. (oh and they did a cool lift/roll thing at the end of the charleston that year too)

the core strength that woman must have is ridiculous. i always remember the backbend she did during that matrix themed dance with sean walsh too.

though i can't even do a forward roll so anything vaguely athletic absolutely blows my mind!

Reactions: 12
I am a sucker for a good ballroom-based show dance and they're the ones I tend to remember. I loved Tom and Camilla's and Faye and Giovanni's as well. And while I thought Joe was a very average dancer, his rock-based ballroom show dance was really enjoyable.

When it comes to show dances this year, I have a feeling that Giovanni's experience will help him and Rose. He's been in three finals and he's always done a great job of working with the outside choreographers to craft show dances that perfectly suit each of his partners, resisting the urge to chuck every style possible in there. Kai's done one show dance before on DTWS Ireland but Johannes, Nadiya and Nancy would be putting together their first ever show dance. I could particularly see Johannes being tempted to do a "everything including the kitchen sink" show dance for John which would be a shame as it never has the same impact as one with a great theme.
I recently re-watched Gorka and Maisie's showdance...and it was devine!!
Hollywood style ballroom, Christmas theme, Gorka in that suit... Just *chefs kiss*

Edited...
It's so devine, I'm posting it! 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Danny Mac should have won. And that is the hill I will die on.
I don’t really have strong feelings about him outside of Strictly, didn’t know him before, but he was amazing and so was Oti.
The glitter ball belongs to Rose and Gio this year. I like AJ and Kai but they won’t win. I’m bored of John looking like a robot and I’m so over JoJo’s OTT faces. Rhys has been better the last couple of weeks but not good enough to win, and Dan is a good journey contestant but not good enough to win. So it’s all rose’s 🏆

Reactions: 9
the core strength that woman must have is ridiculous. i always remember the backbend she did during that matrix themed dance with sean walsh too.

though i can't even do a forward roll so anything vaguely athletic absolutely blows my mind!

Still one of the best ever

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Is anyone else enjoying watching the slow meltdown of some AJ/Kai fans on DS and social media as they grapple with the idea that Rose might beat their favourite? If it isn’t that Rose’s dances are dull then it’s that she’s “pushing her deafness” or being overmarked. I say this as a Danny Mac fan who’s still bitter five years later so I get what it’s like to be invested in someone you believe should win but their dislike of Rose is very amusing to me.
I think it works both ways. I’ve seen kai and Aj being accused of faking romance too (as if Gio doesn’t do that with his partner every year)
I do think both Gio and Rose are actors so are performing and know how to play the game.
I’ve no doubt they will win

• Wow
Reactions: 10
She's not starting till after SCD but they may have given her time off to go up there and rehearse a bit this week.
If true, then that's a bit unfair to give her some time off while some of the other pros worked their a**es off rehearsing for all the pro dances AND the Christmas special. Oti and Karen looked totally exhausted in their stories this week.

Reactions: 1
If true, then that's a bit unfair to give her some time off while some of the other pros worked their a**es off rehearsing for all the pro dances AND the Christmas special. Oti and Karen looked totally exhausted in their stories this week.
I have no idea if that is true, though. Amy seems to have got a week off. And Katya may have been there last night but in the background somewhere.

I recently re-watched Gorka and Maisie's showdance...and it was devine!!
Hollywood style ballroom, Christmas theme, Gorka in that suit... Just *chefs kiss*

Edited...
It's so devine, I'm posting it! 😂
Omg, I literally just watched this about 2 minutes ago because of all this chat about showdances 😆

Gorgeous. And yes, the suit! 😍. And Maisie looked fab too - she had some great dresses last year

• Heart
Omg, I literally just watched this about 2 minutes ago because of all this chat about showdances 😆

Gorgeous. And yes, the suit! 😍. And Maisie looked fab too - she had some great dresses last year
it's so gorgeous and beautifully danced. maisie, imo, had one of the best finals ever - that samba, into the showdance, into that beautiful quickstep. i knew she wasn't going to win but i really really wanted her to!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I've managed to get to this point with no spoilers! I'm genuinely excited. Do I need to get out more?! I don't think so, I was watching a 10 peice band called Jungle Lion on Friday night.

• Haha
It is standard that the eliminated pro's get a week off at some point this appears to be Katya's week off. The Pro's only really rehearse their dances during studio time on Friday and Saturday which in a normal year is pretty standard to for all pros even if they are flat out training with a partner.

So agree - part of the whole reason she is doing the show is to raise awareness - with her interpreters, with signing all the time, with explaining how they are doing things when she can’t hear the music. It’s part of the BBC educate remit if nothing else - I’m learning a lot. I’m sure everyone who has no Deaf person in their life is learning something. And people want to learn BSL. All positive - and she never cries about it, it’s not a sob story, because she is so positive about being Deaf - another milestone for TV.
Exactly! She's the only one who hasn't shed any sympathy tears over her circumstances!
...compare that to AJ, who's current sob story is how she couldn't afford dance lessons as a child!?? C'mon! 🙄
Or Rhys...I can't remember what his "sob story" was but I do remember rolling my eyes! 😂

(Just to clarify... And appease the AJ fans, I do really like her and Kai and think she's an amazing dancer... But she really needs to stop the tears)

I have no idea if that is true, though. Amy seems to have got a week off. And Katya may have been there last night but in the background somewhere.
Amy didn't get a week off, she was being held hostage by the Fletcher's!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Exactly! She's the only one who hasn't shed any sympathy tears over her circumstances!
...compare that to AJ, who's current sob story is how she couldn't afford dance lessons as a child!?? C'mon! 🙄
Or Rhys...I can't remember what his "sob story" was but I do remember rolling my eyes! 😂

(Just to clarify... And appease the AJ fans, I do really like her and Kai and think she's an amazing dancer... But she really needs to stop the tears)
Why would she cry Rose herself has made clear she sees her deafness in a positive light.
I do like that it hasn't been ignored that she has been so open to discussing how it affects her dancing. I remember there was times with Johnny Peacock that were awkward (being told to put his bum in :confused:) because he didn't want attention/praise to be drawn to his disability.

Amy didn't get a week off, she was being held hostage by the Fletcher's!
I wonder if she can help it, though? I say this as someone who can also be a crier. Sometimes it just has to come out. I think the same happened with Rhys in the week of his waltz.

It's fair enough to find it annoying or whatever, (but I don't get the impression any of them are putting it on)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.