Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It should be a Rhys vs Dan dance off with Dan going, but I think it'll be Rhys vs either AJ or John.

Reactions: 7
Surely only one of those salsas will get high praise? and given John got high scores last week, the #narrative demands an AJ 40 this week. I worry for John.

Reactions: 3
She would yeah. As good as she is she won't win imo that's why I can see her in the dance off
For that to happen she needs to be a least middle of the leader board if not lower and to be the low end of the public vote. So far her Salsa is looking good and it's looking like she has decent level of public support.

But this is the serious end of the comp any of them (well apart from Rose) could end up B2.

For me this week will show us the strength of Dan's vote.

Reactions: 2
I feel like I should know this, but can anyone explain how the leaderboard or judges scores translates to votes?

Reactions: 1
Our TVs just gave up the ghost...

Why would it do this today???!!!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
I feel like I should know this, but can anyone explain how the leaderboard or judges scores translates to votes?
From the website: The Strictly Come Dancing scoring system works on a 50:50 basis. Fifty percent of the final score comes from the judges points and fifty percent from the viewers phone votes.
Through telephone voting, viewers vote for who they would like to be in the next round, the results of the poll being combined with the ranking of the judges. For example, with ten contestants left, the judges' favourite would receive ten points, second favourite nine points, and so on, and similarly with the viewers' rankings. The bottom ranked couple gets one point.

So I guess if Dan comes bottom of the leader board with 1 point tonight, but comes second in the phone vote, thus getting 4 points, he has 5 overall. But that may not be enough to stay out of B2 now with only 5 dancers (you can imagine Rose getting 4 + 5, AJ getting 5 + 3,). If there are ties on the leaderboard it would get interesting: say if Rose and John tie in second, John gets 4 + 2..). Or if John and Rhys tied in 3rd, John could be in danger (now I've confused myself!!)

Reactions: 3
Just in case they all get through next week, anyone know what dances are left that the couples have to do? I think AJ has Rhumba and Cha Cha? ( Lord, please let them do the Rhumba, it will be high on the scale of hot) but not sure about the others?

I’m not fussed with AJ. Good dancer but I don’t really care if her and Kai are a couple and none of her dances have ever wowed me. Controversial opinion on here I know 😅 I know she is a fave here. But I just don’t get the hype

Reactions: 17
I'd rather see another week of Dan than another week of Rhys
If Rhys can't find some enjoyment in this dance and is yet again a ball of stress/nerves/tears than I think I would rather have Dan too.

Just in case they all get through next week, anyone know what dances are left that the couples have to do? I think AJ has Rhumba and Cha Cha? ( Lord, please let them do the Rhumba, it will be high on the scale of hot) but not sure about the others?
They only do 1 from a category. I think it's highly likely she would do a Quickstep and Rumba, most will have done a CCC before the Rhumba but I suspect they would let AJ do it regardless.

From DS:
AJ & Kai -
Ballroom - Quickstep & Tango
Latin - Cha Cha Cha & Rumba

Dan & Nadiya -
Ballroom - Waltz
Latin - Samba
Speciality - Salsa & Argentine Tango

John & Johannes -
Ballroom - Waltz & Foxtrot
Latin - Jive
Speciality - Couple's Choice

Rose & Giovanni -
Ballroom - Waltz
Latin - Rumba
Speciality - Argentine Tango & Charleston

Rhys & Nancy -
Ballroom - Foxtrot & Tango
Latin - Rumba & Samba

Reactions: 6
Yeah I wouldn't mind if Rhys went over Dan tonight. I always forget he's still in it and when he's there he annoys me 😅
Dan has to go next week though!!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.