Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Totally ignorant, but how is this linked to Dan?
He was presenting Soccer Saturday and Gary Speed was a regular (I think). He had been on SS at lunchtime and took his life later that day.

They must have been pals because the last thing Dan said to him was he would give him a call on Monday to arrange a game of golf

• Sad
Reactions: 18

Love it when new members pop up like this 🤣
If you watch the clip Dan talks about how he interviewed Gary on the day he died and wonders if he might have helped prevent his death. They were colleagues/friends from the BBC.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

Love it when new members pop up like this 🤣
Him & Dan were friends. He interviewed him hours before his death, if you watch the clip you’ll see it all explained.

Reactions: 7
I hadn't quite grasped that Sara had a sleepover at Tom's last night! What in the name of ever-loving co-dependent polyamory is going on!!?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
The clip about Gary Speed is a heartbreaking watch. I wonder if Dan has asked that if he stayed in the competition could he dance to Desperado as maybe the song meant something to Gary, so it’s a sort of tribute? I don’t mean he’s doing it for votes, but a genuine tribute to a missed friend.

I hadn't quite grasped that Sara had a sleepover at Tom's last night! What in the name of ever-loving co-dependent polyamory is going on!!?
The theory on Tom’s thread is that someone somewhere made Sara and Tom hang out together to distract from him and Amy being overly close. You know….”quickly prove you made intense friendships with other people involved in Strictly so it doesn’t look like as much like you’re cheating on your missus”.
By the way, I have never known anyone come across like such sore losers as McChin and Amy. Aston and Dev spring to mind as people who went out far too early and they didn’t throw their toys out of the pram and demand all the attention. Tom was nowhere near as good as them, I don’t know why he feels so entitled to be there!

• Wow
Reactions: 22
I was thinking weird but maybe just convenient for Saturdays show then I remembered eliminated contestants don't attend the filming!
I understand that Sara will spend a lot of time in London on business but she surely she has a favourite hotel?
I wonder if tonight they will watch the show and weep together? :unsure:

I'm imagining there's some sort of cross-promo of brands going on but it's still weird. Still, somewhere Aljaz breathes a sigh of relief..

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I was thinking weird but maybe just convenient for Saturdays show then I remembered eliminated contestants don't attend the filming!
I understand that Sara will spend a lot of time in London on business but she surely she has a favourite hotel?
I wonder if tonight they will watch the show and weep together? :unsure:
Screaming 'it should have been me' 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 6
He was presenting Soccer Saturday and Gary Speed was a regular (I think). He had been on SS at lunchtime and took his life later that day.

They must have been pals because the last thing Dan said to him was he would give him a call on Monday to arrange a game of golf
If you watch the clip Dan talks about how he interviewed Gary on the day he died and wonders if he might have helped prevent his death. They were colleagues/friends from the BBC.
Thanks both. Totally passed me by that there was a video in the post. Do not recall hearing anything about this at the time.

The theory on Tom’s thread is that someone somewhere made Sara and Tom hang out together to distract from him and Amy being overly close. You know….”quickly prove you made intense friendships with other people involved in Strictly so it doesn’t look like as much like you’re cheating on your missus”.
By the way, I have never known anyone come across like such sore losers as McChin and Amy. Aston and Dev spring to mind as people who went out far too early and they didn’t throw their toys out of the pram and demand all the attention. Tom was nowhere near as good as them, I don’t know why he feels so entitled to be there!
Honestly this just makes the Tom and Amy thing more sus, not less!

Reactions: 5
I was so shocked when Aston left, I think he was the only contestant Janette’s ever had who was really worthy of winning.

Reactions: 14
God this I heartbreaking. I might have missed this but I'm glad that unlike some celebrities, he's not used this as an excuse to get votes

I wonder how Tom's coping today. I'm better he'll be in the studio audience desperate to get on camera or step in if Craig feels ill. Personally I can't wait to see Amy's resting witch face today
oh wow this is absolutely devastating.
Poor Dan 💔

Is it next week that they start to learn 2 dances per week? Seems late this year

Reactions: 1
Is it next week that they start to learn 2 dances per week? Seems late this year
I thought it was just the semi final they did that and then the 3 in the final?

I was never a fan of the lindy hop-athon thing they used to do so I won’t miss it if they don’t bring that back

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
oh wow this is absolutely devastating.
Poor Dan 💔
If you see anyone who is growing a moustache for Movember, then do sponsor them as part of the money goes to men’s mental health charities to help prevent suicide ( one of the highest killers of young men in this country).

• Heart
As far as we know its still the usual 2 dances in the semi-final, 3 in the final with the only new one being the showdance. However Musicals is usual in week 11 but was moved forward this year leading to speculation they might have something planned in week 11.

I am really enjoying this year but it's starting to feel really long which I'm putting down to the fact that we missed a full series last year. It turns out Blackpool week during a full series really does help break it up a bit.

Reactions: 8
As far as we know its still the usual 2 dances in the semi-final, 3 in the final with the only new one being the showdance. However Musicals is usual in week 11 but was moved forward this year leading to speculation they might have something planned in week 11.

I am really enjoying this year but it's starting to feel really long which I'm putting down to the fact that we missed a full series last year. It turns out Blackpool week during a full series really does help break it up a bit.
I’ve missed Blackpool more than I thought I would too and it must be fab for the contestants to have that opportunity. Hopefully next year 🤞🏻

I’ve definitely lost track of the weeks, but 3 weeks today is the final and I’m not sure I’m ready for it to be over so soon! I have enjoyed this year so much and a huge part of that is the posters/comments on here. I’m already looking forward to reading all the comments after the show. Honestly, you funny, sincere, open-minded bunch give Tattle a bad name 😂

Reactions: 11
The French version just had the final and in the first round of it, the judges eliminated the worst dancer in 3rd place based on the showdance (no public vote and the lowest scorer was 3rd then public vote opened for 1st/2nd).

Made me think of Kevin & Stacey, would have been no win for them! Can only imagine their reaction if that happened and Craig ensured they were 4th place after that Showdance.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.