Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
well, I for one am very much looking forward to adrian chiles's guardian column on how his xmas strictly experience has been the best experience of his life since the agave plant/perfect fungus/condom purchase
I don't know if you're joking but I actually want it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Same! And no Gorka, Katya and Karen, either.

I wonder if it was their decision not to do the special :unsure: Surely, the producers would've wanted the more popular and well-known pros to be part of it!?
With the male pros it looks like a height thing maybe? And I know everyone deserves a chance, but I would have expected at least one of Oti, Karen or Katya

Reactions: 5
I *almost* felt sorry for dan there with all the friday panel predicting his elimination while he's right there! 😫

almost!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I know it’s way to early to judge, but based on what we’ve seen so far is anyone thinking AJ & Kai’s routine might be slightly underwhelming?

Reactions: 2
Katya is in panto so maybe that was going to be too difficult. I guess it will be good to see how Jowita is with a celeb, though Chiles makes my heart sink a little - would have been nice to have had a hot young male ringer.

I *almost* felt sorry for dan there with all the friday panel predicting his elimination while he's right there! 😫

almost!
To be fair, he took it well!

Reactions: 5
I know it’s way to early to judge, but based on what we’ve seen so far is anyone thinking AJ & Kai’s routine might be slightly underwhelming?
Gotta be honest, I wasn't enthused by what I saw. So similar to Oti & Bill's and Charles & Karen's.

Yes, her family is there. As she is double jabbed, normally she wouldn't have to isolate according to UK rules, but as she was vaccinated outside the UK, she does. Crazy rule but presumably she was aware of it. Apparently she was ranting a bit on insta about the whole thing.
This is what baffles me: it’s not as if she and the BBC wouldn’t have been aware that this was the situation with her vaccine status, plus the rules on international travel are subject to change at short notice, so why play such a risky game of jetting back and forth on a weekly basis?

I’m a bit pissed off that presumably the license fee is paying for the flights (and I’m guessing Motsi isn’t travelling cattle class), aside from the environmental impact.

Just why is someone being flown back and forth to judge a dance show (badly) for a few hours on a Saturday night? Are there no qualified and willing dances judges either resident in the UK or prepared to be resident in the UK for a couple of months?

Reactions: 17
She has a young child, I’m sure this was part of the deal she negotiated for the job. She might get paid less than the other judges but get travel expenses - who knows.

Last year her dance studio was broken into and she couldn’t come back - I’m sure she zoomed in with her views but not scores?

Maybe she’s knackered from carrying around her hair and thought “sack it, I’m having a week off”

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I really did think they were going to announce Rylan and that's why they left one name until Friday ha. Adrian Chiles is such an anti-climax 😆. Would have made more sense to leave Anne-Marie until last

• Haha
Reactions: 11
She has a young child, I’m sure this was part of the deal she negotiated for the job. She might get paid less than the other judges but get travel expenses - who knows.

I’m sure it was part of the ‘deal’ - I still don’t agree with international travel for the sake of a couple of hours of mostly pointless blethering on a tv show one evening per week 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 15
It seems the bigger name pros are staying away from the Christmas special this year. I would imagine they maybe choose not to do it.

The pros have family oversees as well but aren’t able to flit about across the world in the middle of a series. This is also the reason that Bruno wasn’t able to take part this year. Why are rules being bent for Motsi?
Graziano has been going back to Rome in the week. Its been on his IG

Reactions: 3
I’m sure it was part of the ‘deal’ - I still don’t agree with international travel for the sake of a couple of hours of mostly pointless blethering on a tv show one evening per week 🤷‍♀️
I’m surprised they don’t come to Britain with her for the stint but I guess someone has to run the studio

Motsi said her jabs are not recognised in the UK as they were administered in Germany. I guess the rules in Germany must be different and she can’t flip between rules. I’m surprised she’s been allowed to travel back and forth tbh.
I’m sorry for staying off topic but this is just ridiculous. People who have gotten the vaccine in Germany or somewhere else in the EU count as fully jabbed when travelling to the UK but if they get pinged suddenly they don’t count as fully jabbed anymore? What? That might be the dumbest covid related rule I have yet to hear about.

And fyi the rules in Germany aren‘t different. If you are doubled jabbed there‘s no rule to quarantine, even if a person in your household tests positive …

I know Motsi isn‘t that popular over here but I actually love her and am gutted she won‘t
be able to be in Saturday’s show.

Reactions: 6
What a poor line up for the Christmas special
Agreed. In the past when they did the Christmas special with new celebrities, it was people unable to commit to the full series but all these names sound like celebs who could easily be part of the main show. Is anyone going to be excitedly tuning in on Christmas Day to see Adrian Chiles dance?

I thought the last name revealed was going to be Rylan and I would have enjoyed seeing him on the Strictly dance floor.

Reactions: 3
Agreed. In the past when they did the Christmas special with new celebrities, it was people unable to commit to the full series but all these names sound like celebs who could easily be part of the main show. Is anyone going to be excitedly tuning in on Christmas Day to see Adrian Chiles dance?

I thought the last name revealed was going to be Rylan and I would have enjoyed seeing him on the Strictly dance floor.
I think Adrian Chiles was a last minute substitution, as he said he hasn't even met Jowita yet. I thought he said it was vey last minute in his interview. Maybe Gorka was doing the Xmas special and his Celeb got covid.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.