Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Saw this on twitter and it pissed me off

View attachment 884427
That kind of thing really boils my piss šŸ¤¬. Why canā€™t these people get that Tom and/or Amy are just not popular enough and thatā€™s why theyā€™ve been voted out? He could have got a 1 from each of the Judges and the public still could have saved themā€¦but they didnā€™t.

I love Rose but even if she annoyed me, itā€™s plain as day that thereā€™s nothing fixed about this, sheā€™s a front runner because of who she is, not what she is. And the fact she works for a BBC programme doesnā€™t mean anything. You all know Iā€™ve my theory about Producer manipulation but if they were influencing it for Rose then she wouldnā€™t have had her fair share of Latin.

Plus there are never EVER guarantees in Strictly, we all know that!

All these people still weeping because The Dowdys have gone, I would love to know exactly how many of them even bothered to vote.

Karim tags along to the Here Come The Boys show so maybe Team Tame-y will do their own tour?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I reckon Amy is copying the Dianne and Joe route and is trying to pitch for a dance show for them both. There were rumours she was jealous of dianne when on tour and desperate to be the popular one. If I was her fiance living in Birmingham (think that's where she lives) I'd be fuming she hadn't made the effort to see me. Definitely knobbing too
I remember that story about her and how weird it was at the time - Amy wasn't a high profile pro then, so not the sort the press would churn bs stories out about for clickbait, and she clearly got on well with Dianne. So the only conclusion I came to was that she maybe wasn't too popular with someone behind the scenes and they'd leaked a story about her. I can easily see her losing her rag with someone

That kind of thing really boils my piss šŸ¤¬. Why canā€™t these people get that Tom and/or Amy are just not popular enough and thatā€™s why theyā€™ve been voted out? He could have got a 1 from each of the Judges and the public still could have saved themā€¦but they didnā€™t.

I love Rose but even if she annoyed me, itā€™s plain as day that thereā€™s nothing fixed about this, sheā€™s a front runner because of who she is, not what she is. And the fact she works for a BBC programme doesnā€™t mean anything. You all know Iā€™ve my theory about Producer manipulation but if they were influencing it for Rose then she wouldnā€™t have had her fair share of Latin.

Plus there are never EVER guarantees in Strictly, we all know that!

All these people still weeping because The Dowdys have gone, I would love to know exactly how many of them even bothered to vote.

Karim tags along to the Here Come The Boys show so maybe Team Tame-y will do their own tour?
It's so infuriating. And Tom and Amy seem to be lapping up this sort of bullshit and genuinely see themselves as victims, completely ignoring the fact that they didn't get through because not enough people voted for them

Reactions: 10
Anyone else looking forward to seeing Amy's face on strictly on Saturday. If I were the producers I'd sit her slap bang in the middle šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Lol they mention at the beginning they are going to pick the kids up soon and dance with them too. G come collect your man!!!
I was just thinking Amy still looks like she has spent all day crying then they mention they have both been crying. WTF
For the Pro's sake next year they need a full time therapist back stage.

Honestly G can't be cool with this :unsure:
Thereā€™s been a few references lately about Strictly being a cult and I honestly think itā€™s true, theyā€™re all drinking the kool-aidšŸ˜‚Why are the pros crying for weeks and having a mental breakdown when they get eliminated. Ditching their partners and families to spend even more time with an ex boybander or tv presenter.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Thereā€™s been a few references lately about Strictly being a cult and I honestly think itā€™s true, theyā€™re all drinking the kool-aidšŸ˜‚Why are the pros crying for weeks and having a mental breakdown when they get eliminated. Ditching their partners and families to spend even more time with an ex boybander or tv presenter.
I can understand this behaviour from celebs, because for weeks they have this person as their teacher, mentor, friend, cheerleader and emotional support and then it's all over. Unless they don't get on, it must be really difficult to let go

But this is why I'm finding Amy's behaviour a bit odd - pros do this every year, they know this sort of thing can happen. I'm not saying they should completely ghost their celebs, but maybe leave them to spend some time with their families

It does feel like in recent years its got more ITV like, more incestuous and 'we are all one big family'

Reactions: 7
Itā€™s completely fixed for Rose to win if by ā€˜fixedā€™ you mean the premise of the show is people vote for the best/their favourite and to most viewers she is generally both! What an idiot šŸ™„

Reactions: 22
It does feel like in recent years its got more ITV like, more incestuous and 'we are all one big family'
There is a former X Factor producer working on the show now, isn't there, so that's probably why.

I always preferred Strictly to the X Factor for this reason. There was always something glossy and performative about the way X Factor communicated emotions on the show that I vibed with less. It always felt more stage-managed and like they were trying too hard. It can leave you feeling less connected with the contestants, in a way. It's obviously a TV show, but you want to glimpse the real person and not a walking reality TV stereotype. Strictly in general is still much better at this!

And a slight tendency to beat the audience over the head with whatever angle they've gone for :D

Last edited:
There is a former X Factor producer working on the show now, isn't there, so that's probably why.

I always preferred Strictly to the X Factor for this reason. There was always something glossy and performative about the way X Factor communicated emotions on the show that I vibed with less. It always felt more stage-managed and like they were trying too hard. It can leave you feeling less connected with the contestants, in a way. It's obviously a TV show, but you want to glimpse the real person and not a walking reality TV stereotype. Strictly in general is still much better at this!

And a slight tendency to beat the audience over the head with whatever angle they've gone for :D
That would explain the X Factor style intro for Cynthia

McFly were about 5 years past my era (although some of my friends were in to them). So at a guess most of their fans will be 30-35 ish??? What sort of absolute grown adult nutter refers to someone as ā€œthe deaf girlā€ because their boyband crush got eliminated from a dance show. They need to grow up quickly, I seriously do t know how these people function outside of social media. Grim.

I would not be cool with my husband behaving like Tom. What must Giovanna be thinking

Reactions: 18
Everyoneā€™s talking about AJ and Kai when the real story lies with Tom and Amy, wtf is going on there?

Reactions: 16
There's an ulterior motive for Tom and Amy's behaviour and I'm sure it's to secure a new gig. It could just be that they are doing the tour and need to keep the interest levels up.

Reactions: 13
Thoughts about kai and ajā€™s dance on saturday. They will either 1) do a vt set in a romantic restaurant, gush about each other and say how itā€™s ā€˜theirā€™ song, dance will be all tight clothes and touchy feely or 2) it was her late Nanā€™s/dog/best friendā€™s favourite tune and dance is all baggy tracksuits and backward facing caps and street dance. Thoughts?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Thoughts about kai and ajā€™s dance on saturday. They will either 1) do a vt set in a romantic restaurant, gush about each other and say how itā€™s ā€˜theirā€™ song, dance will be all tight clothes and touchy feely or 2) it was her late Nanā€™s/dog/best friendā€™s favourite tune and dance is all baggy tracksuits and backward facing caps and street dance. Thoughts?
Never mind the dance we all want to see what they say in the VT. Usually the CC VT is all emosh about the struggles they have faced yet the lyrics in this song is all šŸ’¦šŸ”„šŸ‘…:devilish: The only thing I think they can hook this onto is Janelle Monae is a strong black woman that AJ admires.

I am really really hoping AJ is in a trouser suit with a sparkly midriff baring top it fits with the video and AJ has rocked many similar items. I wonder if what Kai will be wearing?

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Noticed Digital Spy posters donā€™t want dissenting opinions of Tom & Amy allowed, even on the unpopular opinion thread!

• Haha
OMG the shade!
Gi always has to mention her own achievement first before mentioning Tom & Amyā€™s e.g that she has a crown that they could borrow, now mentioning that sheā€™s 7th in the hardback charts

Iā€™m sure Tom has childrenā€™s books out. How far in the charts did they come?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.