Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I
Just listened to AJ and Kai's CC song 😲 😲 😲

It's a total bop! I wasn't expecting that for her but I can see them using some jazz elements during the intro and then elements of commercial, street and disco.

Could go either way for her, IMO. Her samba wasn't good but I think she'll give it her all and look absolutely stunning.

Reactions: 9
I

It's a total bop! I wasn't expecting that for her but I can see them using some jazz elements during the intro and then elements of commercial, street and disco.

Could go either way for her, IMO. Her samba wasn't good but I think she'll give it her all and look absolutely stunning.
I get the impression AJ is one of those dancers who really needs to connect to the dance/song/look how well she can pull this off will all depend on how confident she feels about it all. I think I might be most looking forward to Kai's costume...

I’m sure Dave Arch and the legendary Structly singers will muster up a near-perfect copy of that. 😎

It could be the saving of Tilly 🙏
And there I thought she was getting a Samba of death exit but Dan and a Rhumba might just save her.

Oh no, it’s going to be Andrea 😒
I might just mute the tv and play Janelle Monae over it.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’m gutted having just found out Jojo and Jenna didn’t win DWTS, wasn’t able to actually watch any of it live but did watch as much as I could on YouTube. Therefore Rose and Giovanni must win because I can’t have both of my favourites lose.

Reactions: 6
I’m gutted having just found out Jojo and Jenna didn’t win DWTS, wasn’t able to actually watch any of it live but did watch as much as I could on YouTube. Therefore Rose and Giovanni must win because I can’t have both of my favourites lose.
Agreed. I rolled my eyes when she was announced but Jojo totally won me over and showed us how a same-sex partnership could be done (put H, John & Nicola all to shame!). She really went for it and produced the best dances of the season. And credit to Jenna for her choreo, I've never rated her as a teacher for the weaker celebs but boy can she choreograph when given a celeb with talent. Emmy nomination likely.

I wasn't sad or surprised about the result, Iman basically had it in the bag from his sublime Contemporary onwards and everybody loved his journey. And I'm glad that Daniella got her first win (I imagine the first of many if the show continues, she is Derek Hough levels of good and can make most celebs into contenders).

Reactions: 8
Agreed. I rolled my eyes when she was announced but Jojo totally won me over and showed us how a same-sex partnership could be done (put H, John & Nicola all to shame!). She really went for it and produced the best dances of the season. And credit to Jenna for her choreo, I've never rated her as a teacher for the weaker celebs but boy can she choreograph when given a celeb with talent. Emmy nomination likely.

I wasn't sad or surprised about the result, Iman basically had it in the bag from his sublime Contemporary onwards and everybody loved his journey. And I'm glad that Daniella got her first win (I imagine the first of many if the show continues, she is Derek Hough levels of good and can make most celebs into contenders).
I agree that both were great, maybe Iman had the ‘best improver’ votes, as JoJo was a total ringer.

Reactions: 1
I've been a LONG time lurker - you guys are hilarious. Thought I'd take the leap and join you.

Really hope that AJ and Kai do go down a slightly jazzier route as someone suggested - Whilst I wouldn't mind watching them gyrate against each other for 2 mins, it would be great to see them really push the choreography

On a random note, I always kind of assumed Nadiya was a bit cold and 'off' - I was re-watching a few dances today instead of doing work, and she really does have the sweetest reactions to everyone getting good comments. Not a twit after all.

Reactions: 22
I’m sure Dave Arch and the legendary Structly singers will muster up a near-perfect copy of that. 😎

It could be the saving of Tilly 🙏

Tilly might still be in the B2 with Dan and because the samba is just as hard for women as the rumba is for men it actually could go either way....:eek:

Tilly might still be in the B2 with Dan and because the samba is just as hard for women as the rumba is for men it actually could go either way....:eek:
I do wonder if Tilly ends up in B2 the judges will vote her off out of kindness?

Reactions: 4
Do you think this year there’ll be a Bacchanalian free-for-all on one side of the room, then Dan & Rhys on the other side discussing their favourite Bible passages over a jug of orange squash?
If THAT is a euphemism then I have here for it 😂

At least Rhys is finally doing a slow dance. Let’s see if he can calm down and wow us all. Hopefully Dan doing a Rumba will set him up to leave. He’s had his time.
We had a waltz to You Light Up My Life as our first dance…..and now it’s being RHYSIFIED!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Has that happened before when a couple get eliminated and they still go and train? I know they dance in the final but it’s all really weird

Reactions: 10
Has that happened before when a couple get eliminated and they still go and train? I know they dance in the final but it’s all really weird
I can't recall any couple doing it. Some have continued to dance after they left (Dr Ranj and Michelle Visage) but even then with other coaches and after the comp finishes not 48h later.
Amy and Tom seem to have been completely mentally unprepared to go! Baffling especially when they were bottom of the board, I wonder if they thought they would have an AJ and Kai moment when their fans rallied around them in a voting blitz? :unsure:

Nobody’s ever admitted it but there’s bound to be other couples in 19 years. Especially the smug ones who book most of the 11 weeks off because they’re convinced they’re going to win, so have spare time on their hands

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.