Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

glasgow27

VIP Member
I wanted AJ to get an older woman with dance ability like Debbie McGee for a totally different dynamic. The show didn't really help by not at all varying the types of celeb he got - dull, average ability young ones every year. He could have also been a good one for a same-sex partnership.

If he was still on, I'd have put him with Caroline Quentin.

At least he was fairly harmless even if a bit one-note as pro and slightly arrogant, can't say the same for ole Kev.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

kev1974

VIP Member
I’ve applied for tickets only because it said if you get a ticket you are guaranteed a seat, doing it differently this year
On the ticket draw page it says
"All audience members will be required to wear face coverings throughout the recording and when on site at Elstree. We would be grateful if you could bring plain black face coverings."

That's going to look bloody weird on TV everyone sitting there with their face nappies on.

Chilli pepper 19

VIP Member
Dave has stated its always an audience member not a member of the staff; no-one knows how he gets his moles but it's obviously effective as he's been getting them for years now.

I remember watching strictly last year and wondered why Shirley made a fuss of Amy doing well with Karim and congratulating her for getting to her first final; I didn't see her congratulate Dianne for getting to her first final in 2018 for example. Then I watched Amy's Chron's disease documentary last week and Shirley was featured in that has her niece has crohns then it clicked. Hopefully she won't be as favourable to her this year but she may go easier on the judging with JJ anyway as he is a disabled ex-soldier.
I also think with Dianne, the fact Shirley massively fancied Joe but he got with Dianne played a massive part in her obvious bias to her too.

lizzolyn

VIP Member
The UK dance world isn't that big either — it's quite possible that she's taught her, and she'll have almost definitely judged her. Ben and Amy have been British national champions, so she probably has a bit more professional interest in them than some of the ones who didn't have their competitive career in the U.K.
If that's true she needs to stay impartial regardless, there's no harm congratulating her backstage; anytime the judges are reacting, commenting, scoring a performance it always needs to be about the contestant not the pro as they know what they're doing (there's always the pro dances for them to showcase themselves). Many of the pro's say themselves that they always try to showcase their contestant to the best of their ability and not make it about them but I think some pros like Kevin or Amy do like to take some of the shine themselves. I'm just glad that now Kevin's won it and gone and Amy's who's made it to the final they can stop taking some of that spotlight.

Guitarwarrior

VIP Member
Neil’s behaviour lately has been really really questionable. Not the sort you’d expect from someone associated with a show like SCD.

I saw the tweets regarding that old account and he tried (but failed) to justify it saying he’d been hacked and he’d been “trying for years” to get it removed. Except there was comments in reply to the captions if he’d been 16/17 you could of let it slide but he was 30 odd and definitely knew better.

As for Amy I really hope she is okay and hasn’t hurt herself. I can see her opting out with her condition. However like Nadiya I do find she fades into the background sometimes. She got really lucky with Karim last year (and probably would of won if Jamie hadn’t been injured) but if the pair of them left I wouldn’t be too fussed (as harsh as it sounds)

LittleLottieLoo

Neil is a bit of an alright 😜
Not keen on his new lady friend? She seems a bit OTT and has just come out of a very intense relationship.

Guitarwarrior

VIP Member
Might have mentioned this before (my memory is rubbish on this sort of thing) - what do we think of SCD having people with past dance experience on the show?
Personally I think it all depends on how much and what type of previous experience they have. I do prefer watching people improve but I do understand they’ve got to have a mixture of ability to keep people entertained. But I still stand by a previous statement that Ashley roberts was far too experienced to be taking part. She was at a similar level to the majority of pros.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Weird. I felt as engaged by that one as by Jamie's. Mind you, I liked the music choice for this one better. I am v easily influenced.

ETA: I mean weird that my reaction was so different to yours. Not that your reaction was weird!!!
That's the thing isn't it, there is always going to be an element of personal taste.

lizzolyn

VIP Member
I don’t think Kevin meant anything bad by that it’s just a statement ... he got to the semis I think was it four times? I can’t remember. But I think all the pros would like to win it means a lot to them so I can’t really blame any of them for wanting to win?? Wouldn’t you want to win
I don't think he meant anything bad by it either but by saying it you're sort or making it more known to the public that you're fed up of being running up. He got to the finals 4 times in a row then got to week 10 with Susan then won with Stacey. He's got further than some of the pro's before he won who were on the show longer than him eg. Anton and Brendan but it seems he wasn't even happy with that. Yes of course the pros would want to win; who wouldn't is right; it's more of the fact that he seemed not to even be happy with even being runner up; Janette has been on the show for as long as him and has not even made to a final. Everyone knows kevin has had it lucky with the partners he's gotten; never got a duffer until his final year (which I know is not his fault). He gave interviews after his win saying he was wondering when was it going to happen; I reiterate yes it would be nice to win but it's more about the competition itself; at the end of the day the pros get paid the same unless you get to the final where you receive (supposedly) a small bonus.

lizzolyn

VIP Member
The show is just going to be on Saturday including result show. No spoliers won't be done anymore. No Strictly on Sundays. (Well this Sunday)
On the first live show there is never a sunday night results show as no one leaves the first week; the first elimination show will be next sunday.

cherry198

VIP Member
It could be a shout however a lot of the partnerships train at the same dance studio in different rooms that look similar.

Oti and Kelvin are still returning doing a previous winners dance; I was hoping this year due to covid we could be free of that but they might have to dance apart from one another with some perspex glass in between :ROFLMAO:
They’re not at a dance studio though, they are training out of Elstree in the bit where the bar usually is apparently and after a quick Google they are both definitely in the same place😂

They should have just scrapped the winners dance this year doing it socially distanced doesn’t seem worth it.

lizzolyn

VIP Member
I guess Maisie is the token 'ringer' of the year then. No chance of her winning!
Yeah she did well and won the children in need special last year with Kevin so she would fit into 'ringer' category but I'm thinking the whole 'spliff' controversy may put her in jeopardy plus the reports of that she's a 'little madam' as well.

If she's deffo a contestant this year I could see her partnered with Gorka as AJ is no longer on the show.

It seems with the higher profile female contestants so far they are deffo pushing for a female winner this year ala 2018 season.