Strictly Come Dancing 2020 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s really odd this year in terms of who’s getting Latin/Ballroom.

Maisie has done mostly Latin
JJ has done mostly Ballroom
Caroline did mostly Ballroom too

I feel like the Tango/Paso are the closest to being a mix of the two, and all of those three have done one of those at least.

I agree with @Hodgies, whilst I’m enjoying Bill, he’s being overmarked and it’s starting to get predictable now.

Ranvir and Clara are easily the best to watch!

HRVY is just as forgettable as the A and E in his name.

And Jamie doesn’t seem to have much technique, it’s all masked with the fun factor dahhhhhling 🙄

Craig, Ranvir, Clara, Maisie and sometimes Bill are the only redeeming factors about this series for me.

Which pro-dancers would you like to see leave or get promoted/demoted from the background spot without a partner?

Reactions: 9
It’s really odd this year in terms of who’s getting Latin/Ballroom.

Maisie has done mostly Latin
JJ has done mostly Ballroom
Caroline did mostly Ballroom too

I feel like the Tango/Paso are the closest to being a mix of the two, and all of those three have done one of those at least.
They seem to be getting what they’re best at this year for some reason.

Reactions: 2
I wouldn't go so far as to say I'll vote for Maisie but she has had a rough ride. A bit of humility would help her no end though.

JJ needs to go, I can't take another sob story. He seems like a nice guy but it's too much. The more people beg, the more I tune out.

I'm also going off Bill. He wasn't great on Saturday yet they made it sound like he was the new messiah. He's an older guy who can move, it's not that revolutionary! My dad is in his 70s and can still whirl my mum round a dancefloor and look amazing.

I'm all about Clara and Ranvir who just look like they're having a great time learning to dance with no agenda. They're both a joy to watch.
I could have written this!

Which pro-dancers would you like to see leave or get promoted/demoted from the background spot without a partner?
Any other year and I would have said Janette, but this year I’ve been appreciating her more - it feels like she has upped her game a bit. I suspect she may leave this year or next though, to start a family.

I’d be happy for the current professionals without celebs to remain that way, although I can’t make my mind up about Neil. I quite liked him last year and he really is a fantastic dancer, but something about him (outside of Strictly) is really off putting.

Amy can go. I don’t buy into the idea that she is fake/mean but I don’t think she seems to really fit in - seems a bit primary school teacher-ish. I liked Karen last year and really enjoy watching her, even though she has become a bit loud again in the last few weeks. I’d miss her if she left.

It would be great to have some new pros join. If I had to choose any to leave it would be Anton (let him do something else though), Amy, Nadiya, Graziano & Nancy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Leave:
  • I'd say Anton is way past his sell by date as a pro but I like him as a judge so he can replace Bruno or Motsi.
  • I can't take to Amy at all and would love her to go (or just get duffers from now on).
  • Luba & Graziano both flopped as pros (nice people but others are waiting so why keep giving them chances?) so can go as well.
  • Some of Neil's behaviour can be odd and if last year is anything to go by, he wasn't the choreographic messiah he was hyped up to be so I'd be fine with him leaving.
  • Janette is a sweetheart and should maybe be offered a gig on ITT or something but she's her lack of ballroom shows her up all the time, she's been given the golden ticket this year and will likely make the final so should really bow out after it.
Karen can maybe have one more year but I think it's time for her to move on eventually. Fun personality and works well with the duffers and middlers but I don't think she has the choreography chops to win so 10 series should be her limit.

I find Aljaž overrated as a pro (his latin choreo is a snooze) but I'd probably give him another couple of years as he is a past winner, popular and a nice ballroom dancer.

I'd maybe keep Nadiya as a troupe dancer - she's a fabulous dancer but a non-event as a pro and I doubt she'd ever have a memorable partnership unless she really came out of her shell. I wouldn't really demote pros though, if they can't cut it, they should just go and free up spots for newbies.

Looking at this list, it's like a mass cull, I doubt I'd be popular with the audience if I was the producer! Gio, Gorka & Johannes are must haves for the men and Oti, Dianne & Katya are must haves for the women.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Leave:
  • I'd say Anton is way past his sell by date as a pro but I like him as a judge so he can replace Bruno or Motsi.
  • I can't take to Amy at all and would love her to go (or just get duffers from now on).
  • Luba & Graziano both flopped as pros (nice people but others are waiting so why keep giving them chances?) so can go as well.
  • Some of Neil's behaviour can be odd and if last year is anything to go by, he wasn't the choreographic messiah he was hyped up to be so I'd be fine with him leaving.
  • Janette is a sweetheart and should maybe be offered a gig on ITT or something but she's her lack of ballroom shows her up all the time, she's been given the golden ticket this year and will likely make the final so should really bow out after it.
Karen can maybe have one more year but I think it's time for her to move on eventually. Fun personality and works well with the duffers and middlers but I don't think she has the choreography chops to win so 10 series should be her limit.

I find Aljaž overrated as a pro (his latin choreo is a snooze) but I'd probably give him another couple of years as he is a past winner, popular and a nice ballroom dancer.

I'd maybe keep Nadiya as a troupe dancer - she's a fabulous dancer but a non-event as a pro and I doubt she'd ever have a memorable partnership unless she really came out of her shell. I wouldn't really demote pros though, if they can't cut it, they should just go and free up spots for newbies.

Looking at this list, it's like a mass cull, I doubt I'd be popular with the audience if I was the producer! Gio, Gorka & Johannes are must haves for the men and Oti, Dianne & Katya are must haves for the women.
I agree with this. Completely forgot about Luba, which means she can go! 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I agree with this. Completely forgot about Luba, which means she can go! 😆
I really wanted Luba to prove her worth and come onto the dance floor as a total dynamite pro with Jason (since she obviously had 0 chance with James Cracknell) but her routines weren't any good.

Reactions: 7
I can see them giving Graziano one more shot with a partner but wouldn’t be fussed if he didn’t return. I don’t think he quite fits in with strictly.

I’d quite like to see the back of Neil especially since every time his name is in the press lately it’s not good press. I think production only keep him on because he’s a British pro so if they could sign up Kai and maybe another British/Irish male then I’d be wouldn’t be sad if he left.

I can see Amy possibly leaving this year or next. I think once her and Ben get married they’ll probably want to start a family fairly soon after.

As a poster a few pages ago was saying about the difficult to work with with rumours. I wouldn’t be surprised I don’t think Dianne being the centre of attention at HCTG went down to well with her. I get the feeling she resented her because a lot of Joes fans bought tickets to see her which I think is unfair. The show and promo was all done prior to J&D being partnered. It’s not as if they did it after or anything.

I’d like to see a younger(24/25) smaller female(I’m talking Janetteish small) join maybe as ensemble but someone who could dance with younger guys like hrvy. Jowita is a great contender for this role.

I’d like to see Luba given another shot but with someone who was a genuine contender. I don’t think Jason would of gone much further than he did tbh. I think I prefer her over Nadiya and I don’t think they’ll get rid of both tall pro girls.

I do think they need to start looking a replacing a bunch of pros over the next two series. I think it’s time to let go of some and bring in some new faces.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Jowita is a great contender for this role.
They should definitely bring both Jowita and her dance partner Michael into Strictly, they competed for a while and have now had some TV experience (didn't watch The Greatest Dancer admittedly). They'd fit right in.

I’ve found this year a bit hard to get into. I missed Saturday’s and I haven’t caught up like I usually would have. It’s the 2020 funk.

Reactions: 4
I'd like to see Joshua keefe in the line up. I watched him with Courtney Act in the Australian version and their routines were brilliant. He dance in the pro dances and I think the choreography aswell.

Reactions: 2
Any news on if they’ve had the decency to keep Anton for the rest of the series and have 4 judges? Not looking forward to Motsi screeching and rambling on Saturday tbh. Moving forward a score out of 40 would shake things up a bit.

I love Bill and Oti’s partnership but it’s really starting to grind my gears that the judges (Shirley in particular) are harking on about his age. His hair doesn’t do him any favours but he’s 55! Craig is the same age as he referenced a couple of weeks back and Shirley is 60... she talks like he’s Grandpa Joe from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory who has just leapt up from his bed to take part!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I love Bill and Oti’s partnership but it’s really starting to grind my gears that the judges (Shirley in particular) are harking on about his age. His hair doesn’t do him any favours but he’s 55! Craig is the same age as he referenced a couple of weeks back and Shirley is 60... she talks like he’s Grandpa Joe from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory who has just leapt up from his bed to take part!
Most likely they keep mentioning his age, so that Shirley shows him some respect & doesn't drool all over him & keeps her knickers on. It's bad enough she does it over younger men, but would be completely disrespectful for her to behave like that to a legend like Bill.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
Neil gives me "the ick" 😆 I can't even put my finger on what it is that I don't like but I'd want to run far, far away! It's definitely time for Anton to stop, with a partner he looks fine but in group numbers he's like a grandad. I liked him as a judge so feel that's where he should end up. Love Gio, Johannes and Aljaž so would still want to see them.

I'm not a fan of Amy or Katya. Amy doesn't come across as sincere and the pushing of sob stories every week with JJ and the OTT reactions to getting through is incredibly off-putting. Katya is too manic for me and I didn't feel she did that well with Nicola. Love Dianne but could live without Janette or Karen. The other female pros just fade into the background for me.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Poor Neil. Years ago when he didn't have a partner everyone wanted him to have one and now we've all had enough :ROFLMAO:

I would def drop Motsi now and replace with Anton.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Poor Neil. Years ago when he didn't have a partner everyone wanted him to have one and now we've all had enough :ROFLMAO:

I would def drop Motsi now and replace with Anton.
Ikr, I remember thinking he deserved a partner and enjoyed him dancing with Alex last year but now I just don’t enjoy watching him dance, it’s probably the faces he makes. Can you imagine if him and Maisie were dancing together.
Also agree as much as Anton annoyed me as a pro because he is way past it now imo, I did enjoy his much more composed approach to judging as opposed to Motsi’s OTT one. Him and Craig seemed to help balance out Shirley (although I still can’t stand her blatant favouritism) so I feel Motsi is going to be insufferable next week.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Not sure if this has been mentioned before. Who’s the new spare male professional dancer?

That's so true 🤣 I was one of them who thought he needed a partner and I don't know what's happened but yeah, I could live with never seeing him again!

• Haha
His name is Kai Widdrington and until earlier this year he was a pro on DWTS Ireland.
There is also Joshua Keefe who was a pro on DWTS in Australia (he was on the strictly tour earlier this year and was on strictly last year as an extra dancer) and Pasquale LaRocca who was on DWTS in Ireland and Belgium where he won both.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.